Honda Accord VTi-L 252 45.65%
Skoda Octavia RS 300 54.35%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2004, 18:24   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, thats a tough polling fight going on between the Accord and the RS.

GTO
Old 3rd September 2004, 19:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

For the first time i put in a null vote . Very very tough for me .. read all the post quite a number of times but still nothing from me. Either of the 2 would do for me . Both are great cars in their own virtue and I respect both of em for what they are..

Accord for the Honda image, reliability low keeping costs good looks as well and that jewel of and engine and tranny.

Octavia for the tank like build quality not bad looking either and I love the chassis. And I'm sure its gonna be fun to drive with that turbo under the hood. Rear seat.. what rear seat I aint gonna sit there . A red RS with those awesome wheels would look WOW!!!

Dippy

Old 3rd September 2004, 19:17   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Boy, thats a tough polling fight going on between the Accord and the RS.
Sure is a tough fight. I was actually expecting the Accord to walk away with it, but I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

However, I'm sure out there in the market, the Accord will sell way more than the RS can hope, and thats one fight Honda would be happy to win!

Rt

P.s. Dippy, reading your post it seems you like the RS better, whether you noticed it or not! Shall I count one more vote for the RS then??
Old 3rd September 2004, 19:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ Sep. 03 2004,11:26)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Sep. 03 2004,10:25)]better yet i would pick up a second hand c180/200cdi/200k ,chip it, and put a amg kit, should cost me almost the same esp if i do that to a c 180!
maintainance on the MBs are rather high i am told besides could you do all this for 15L?
know abt the maintaince navin,

i would get a good c180 for around 12 to 13 l, spend the rest on a cosmetic kit and at a later stage re chip it
Old 4th September 2004, 00:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Shall I count one more vote for the RS then??
Well....

Dippy
Old 4th September 2004, 01:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Octivia for me too. Looks better than accord - so what if it's 8 yrs old. A 8 yr old european car looks better anyday then a 2004 Jap or korean one. European designs are timeless.
ITs got better performance and features like rain sensors, xenon headlamps , mp3 player etc. along with that fantastic European build quality...no doubt,..it's the Octivia for me
Old 4th September 2004, 20:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Octi for me too.Typically German.Powerful and mean.Strong built and good to throw around in this segment.
I`ve liked the Octi ever since its launched.Loook awesomely sturdy and commanding.
Accord looks more like a chaffeur driven car.Agreed,its powerful but........
I wud not like to be chauffeur-driven,atleast in this life.
Cya
Old 4th September 2004, 20:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Octavia RS it is. I would have probably preferred them to have offered the original 190 bhp RS trim for the same price, and this one pits it straight against the Accord which is a bigger car and more flash, so obviously the economics don't seem to fall in place. But, to hell with that. I always liked the Octavia ever since it's been in the Indian scene, Teutonic looks and darn good handling. Currently outshows every car around in the Indian market, chrome is not for me. And a RED Octavia and those alloys...Dayyyuuummmm.
Old 4th September 2004, 21:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

I did a lot of thinking(man this was a real tough one!). Both the Accord and the RS have a lot to offer. But, considerng the fact that RS is European, it looks to be much tighter in handler, and for the fact that it is a Turboed car, i choose the RS. The Accord comes a verrry close second. Infact if money provides......i'll love to have both!
Old 4th September 2004, 22:13   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmmm..........Better late than never.

I would chose the Octavia RS. In yellow/red. But given a choice between the RS and the A-V6, its gotta be the A-V6.
Old 5th September 2004, 04:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

the V6 cannot be compared to the RS , its a full 4 lac extra than the RS
Old 5th September 2004, 05:06   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, I am really surprised with the results. The RS has exactly double the votes of the Accord.

GTO
Old 5th September 2004, 13:11   #43
Team-BHP Support

I was interested during March this year. Dealer in Bangalore had no clue about the launch period or the price. I don't know the price in Bangalore But should be close to 19 lacs. Thanks to our state taxing.
No matter how good the car is but 19 lacs for a Skoda sounds bit high. I think Accord would fetch a better resale price than Skoda. Over and above if they're offering only two colours then I'm not interested anyway. Skoda looks much better in black according to me.
Old 5th September 2004, 15:40   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Sep. 05 2004,11:41)]I don't know the price in Bangalore But should be close to 19 lacs. Thanks to our state taxing.
Wow...really? Thats crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Over and above if they're offering only two colours then I'm not interested anyway. Skoda looks much better in black according to me.
Hey Rudra,
for some reason i was under the same impression (only yellow and red)......but infact it is available in 4 colours.
Yellow, Red, Silver and ...Black!

cya
R
Old 5th September 2004, 16:48   #45
Team-BHP Support

Colour is OK then but not the price
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks