Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 19:03   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I agree with many of the above comments. The Alcazar looks much better than the Creta from side profile and from the rear. The front still looks as ugly as it used to earlier.
As a 2nd gen. Creta owner, I must say I dont like the side profile of the Alcazar very much. It has lost that “ tautness” of form and looks like a mishmash of Ertiga(fine in its own right) tending to TUV.
I think they should have looked at the C pillar more critically. But thats just me. The most redeeming feature of the Creta is its side and 2/3 rear view, where the crease from the fender stretches across and looks nice and taut.
Old 24th March 2021, 19:22   #167
BANNED

re: 7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Very interesting indeed to call this contraption a competitor of Safari and Xuv500, which are designed and developed grounds up as SUVs or SUV/MPV crossover.
Although I agree with your point, but if we call the shots on capability - then none of the three is a vehicle, capable enough, to be termed as an SUV (Maybe XUV AWD will be).

Quote:
Makes me believe in the power of marketing. Of course
Again I agree. Marketing has made people believe that even the upcoming HBX or H5X, whatever it is, is also an upcoming SUV!

But marketing works like that only, they are paid to manipulate and make you believe. Isn't it?

Quote:
creta has its own super strengths. Being an SUV is not one of those.
The biggest strength of Creta is BEING CRETA.

The car is enjoying a virtual monopoly, especially if someone needs a diesel crossover, that is feature laden, fuel efficient, and comes under 20 lac.

Quote:
safety will be 3* only as well. Take your pick.
That idea of safety evaporates right from the panoramic sunroof, just at the moment it's opened and the family members chant 'wow' together. That's the harsh reality, and even if we deny it, it's going to stay this way only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If you understand that an SUV is something related to its shape, it all starts to make sense.
One line that sums it all perfectly.

SUV == A shape

That's how the Indian market is. If it's tall, has a high bonnet, and high seating - it's an SUV!

L

et's talk about

Monopoly!

Today I appreciate Hyundai for their product positioning. With Creta and now coming Alcazar, they have simply established their stronghold in the territory, where all the competition they have is themselves and Kia.

Diesel UV + Seven Seats (Yellow plate perspective): Think the yellow plate market gentlemen. Innova has gone past 20 lac, Ertiga doesn't come in diesel any more, scrappage policy will push a lot of cabs out of the roads too. What's going to replace them? Lower trims of Alcazar can be our new 'mini Innova' in the future. It has all the required ingredients in the package to be the next big thing in our yellow plate market. And it will be more fuel efficient than the Innova too.

Seven seats + Panoramic sunroof: Okay, that's a home run, right on the first delivery. No competition, no substitutes. If someone has 20 lac and wants seven seats with a panoramic sunroof, then you can either buy an Alcazar, or buy another Alcazar - but you have to buy only Alcazar.

Diesel Auto + Seven Seats (Personal Car perspective): There are buyers like me also, who simply fold the last row for lifetime and use it as a massive boot. Alcazar does that too.

Hector, Hector+, Harrier etc all are fine. But Hyundai is giving you a product that will be priced lower, will be more fuel efficient, and will already carry the 'Creta' pedigree, right from day 1.

I repeat my statement again, "if priced right - people will queue up to get one each!"

Last edited by aah78 : 24th March 2021 at 23:30. Reason: Minor typo.
VKumar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 19:43   #168
BHPian

Anyone felt like any design inspiration from Suzuki Vitara? A bit disappointed after noticing it, even those fenders!

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-1616595199493.jpg

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-1616595214692.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 24th March 2021 at 23:30. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
TorqueIndia is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:12   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed something interesting, the Alcazar’s 3D model has a 2.0 badge, what are the odds that Hyundai might add the Tucson’s 2L diesel. It will blow the competition away!

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-397973a012ac46be9a530ee731290caa.jpeg

I believe the 2nd gen ix25/Creta doesn’t get the a 2L engine petrol/diesel in any market worldwide.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:16   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
While we were all going gaga over Safari and upcoming XUV & Scorpio discussions, Hyundai seems to have bought in something that can be a segment/s(across multiple segments) disruptor, with this 2 L diesel engine(my assumption based on the 2.0 written on boot), all it needs now is to be priced right!

This car is a looker with bang on right proportions.

I might be in a minority here by saying that I like the facia of Alcazar, if only the outline chrome of the front grille is left untouched and rest chrome bits on the grille are blackened it would look great (I am neither a lover nor a hater of chrome, it all depends on how its used).

Whats with those impractical placement of Fog/cornering lamps? They are going to be hit/bruised constantly in Indian driving conditions. Look at most of the cars in Indian metro cities, thats the exact location on bumper where you will see majority of scratches and bruises, in fact thats the place where people install corner bumper guard strips, Hyundai has provided a surface aligned fog lamp in that place .

Last edited by ArTigor : 24th March 2021 at 20:34. Reason: Typo error
ArTigor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:33   #171
BHPian

That's an ugly looking car with massive success and FAT Profits written all over it.
This one easily takes the crown of overdone designs by Hyundai, period.
Asish_VK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:48   #172
Team-BHP Support

I used to think of the 20-30L (on road) as a huge void. But clearly some very interesting SUVs / MUVs / Crossovers are now straddling this segment.

Creta top end; New Alcazar; Harrier / Safari; All new XUV 5OO; Hector family; Compass; Tucson; Innova etc. With so many of these being new / relatively new launches its a good time to be shopping in this segment.

It’s unfortunate that there is so little representation relatively in this segment from the sedans. No more Civic and Altis. A relatively unpopular Elantra and soon to be launched Octavia are the only prominent names I can think of off hand.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 20:53   #173
Senior - BHPian

You can bash Creta all day, but the crowd out there loves the radical design. The first gen Swift was criticized for its looks but went on to be trendsetter. Going by pricing, I expect Alcazar to be a lac costlier than Creta. For folks who need a fuel efficient 7 seater that also has premium features, this is the one. Should Safari/Hector be worried? Well, only time will tell.

Last edited by PrideRed : 24th March 2021 at 20:54.
PrideRed is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 21:01   #174
BHPian

The front fascia is as expected, I.e. polarizing. The rear is pretty unHyundai like in that it isn’t over done and busy. Dare I say it even looks proportionate from some of the angles.

Safety or not - BIG sells. Trust Hyundai to milk the bigness in all ways possible
balajiisworking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 23:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Alcazar exterior spotted as a 3D model, this is the final production version model.
Although these are still not the final images, I decided to compare them to the existing Creta, and I should say the Alcazar looks better in some angles compared to the Creta. Like most have said, this is going to create serious trouble for players up in this segment. I know many folks who still wont put big money on certain brands, no matter the legacy of the model nor on players like Suzuki. This is where Hyundai shines and can stretch its consumer base. Note: images are not up to scale, size or angle and are just rough comparisons.
7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-1.png

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-2.png

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-3.png

7-seater Hyundai Alcazar launching in June 2021. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.30 lakhs-4.png

Last edited by TrackDay : 24th March 2021 at 23:50.
TrackDay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 00:07   #176
BHPian

Well well. A Hyundai which ain't UGLY from the rear.

The real game changer will be if they plonk the 2.0 mills in it. But I'm pretty sure people will que up even if it comes with the 1.4 GDI / 1.5D. From the sketches, it appears that the interior(Dashboard area) also is heavily inspired from the 2021 Tucson.

Whats better than a Hyundai in India? A Less Ugly Hyundai. I smell a lot of profits.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 00:11   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed something interesting, the Alcazar’s 3D model has a 2.0 badge, what are the odds that Hyundai might add the Tucson’s 2L diesel. It will blow the competition away!

Attachment 2136589

I believe the 2nd gen ix25/Creta doesn’t get the a 2L engine petrol/diesel in any market worldwide.
That's the international version that got leaked in the renders (notice the LHD steering).
I read this news first on RushLane. Say anything about these media platforms (seen the bashing here on T-BHP), they are good with leaks and renders.
Harjot37 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 01:31   #178
BHPian

With the success that Hyundai has in Indian market, much like Maruti, whatever comes out of their stable will be a success now. And they sure know how to kit the cars with some bling. So Alcazar, a 7 seater Creta, with Hyundai badge, blings all over and a decent prizing will anyday be a success I believe. It doesn't matter even if a lot of us find it ugly, because looks are subjective.
Tucson wasn't a success because I believe it was in the transition territory. The upper middle class could not often stretch that far and it didn't appeal to the entry luxury class. But Alcazar will be right there in the sweet spot. Doesn't matter what engine they put, it will sell. And I feel it will be the MG that will take bigger hit this time. Only time will tell what will happen, till then it's all just speculation.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 06:58   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Alcazar exterior spotted as a 3D model, this is the final production version model.
https://hum3d.com/3d-models/hyundai-alcazar-2021/
Why did they reuse the grill from the creta, it just looks so disconnected with the shape of the rest of the car. The front grille was one of the few things about the exterior that I didn't like about the new creta. Absolutely no sense of connection with the headlamps whatsoever in the creta.

Last edited by SaiSW : 25th March 2021 at 06:59.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 08:01   #180
BHPian

Creta is a vehicle which I hated the most. From 2015 - 2020, I had grudges against the vehicle, mostly stemming out of the fact that most Creta drivers kept little to no gap while tailgating my humble Figo.

Moreover, I was never a fan of midsize crossovers. It was always a sedan or a full size SUV for me. Atleast that's what I thought of my next car while driving Figo all these years.

When the 2nd gen Creta was launched, I didn't even go near it in Auto Expo 2020. There was simply too much crowd in Hyundai's pavilion and moreover, the car was looking hideous from a distance.

However, 3 months down the line, depressed by the COVID situation and after booking sufficient amount of mutual fund profits, I decided to get a new car finally.

Harrier XE was on top of list, Innova G, Hector, Scorpio, XUV 500 were considered too. However, on detailed analysis, 2 key points were highlighted amongst all choices:
1. All were good diesel cars. Given the fact that Delhi NCR treats diesels harshly, I couldn't muster courage to digest the fact that my next car will also become unusable in ten years time.
2. Budget constraints. I had a comfortable budget of 10-12 lakhs, going to 15 lakhs max. All these cars had their base variants listed at 14-15 lakhs OTR, so, in terms of value, I was buying base variant, utilising maximum of my budget, which was again a little bummer for me.

So, we almost decided to wait a while and extend our budget in an year or two when a neighbour mentioned about new Creta and how a friend of his brought it for less than 11 lacs OTR.

Hearing the price, my eyes suddenly started looking at Creta's grills with love instead of hatred. It no longer appeared ugly and hideous. My better half had her reservations on the same as she was not a fan of Creta but once I told her the pricing details, she was ready to at least check it out.

Next morning, Hyundai got another advantage in terms of accessibility; its showroom was just 3 kms(in a small town) away from our home compared to all others which were situated a good 40 kms away in a tier-3 city.

So, I looked at car and immediately had a change of heart. It was a value for money offering, period. No, it didn't had Harrier's iconic looks, nor it had Scorpio's muscular profile but still, for the price point, it offered a lot for 11 lac. Even the base petrol (EX was base model then, so no anymore though) was not bare bones model and had sufficient equipment. And it drove quite well.

So, after quick calculations and a detailed analysis, we brought home glistening new polar white Hyundai Creta S 1.5 petrol in less than a week. No, we did not break a bank to buy it, nor did we have to worry about reliability. We brought it with comfort and this comfort was not offered by any of the competitors.

So, I'd like to conclude that, Hyundai knows the soft spots of the market and just like Creta, Alcazar will be a roaring success in no time, if priced correctly.

Last edited by sarav100 : 25th March 2021 at 08:07. Reason: Correction of grammar
sarav100 is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks