Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Skoda Rapid - Base variant 638 78.96%
Any Compact Sedan - Top variant 170 21.04%
Voters: 808. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 09:11   #136
BHPian

Re: Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims

Hello all, as mentioned earlier the Rapid Rider is now home and apparently it is the first in Coimbatore! Sharing a few pics for now and will surely share the TSI experience once I get to spend longer miles with it!

A few basic mods done

- The Obvious ones (Art leather Seat Covers but of a higher quality and a Permitted 3M Sun Film only on the Windscreen)
- 16 Inch Clubber Alloys - Sourced from an Ex Rapid Owner
- Changed the MRF ZVTV to Yoko Blue Earth 195 Section
- Blackened Roof, ORVM & Tail lamps (More like a Monte Carlo Edition)
- White LED for the Cabin Lamps
- Being a BS6, I noticed that there are a couple of lamps that remain on all the time, changed it to white
- OE Fog Lamps Added
- An aftermarket Lip Spoiler - Got this one from Amazon. The Skoda charged a whopping 11K for it

Waiting for the Wheel Hub Caps as the previous owner had lost it.

The Vehicle is registered already and I am waiting for the plates to turn in!

The last pic is the stock version! Sorry if they have suffered quality issues due to compression

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200623_095800.jpg

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200623_095815.jpg

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200623_095840.jpg

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200623_095946.jpg

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200620_085157.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th June 2020 at 19:04. Reason: Adding pics in line. Thanks!
Sabrish is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 09:43   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
Hello all, as mentioned earlier the Rapid Rider is now home and apparently it is the first in Coimbatore!
Congrats Sabrish on your latest acquisition

You have got in some essential updates on your car and boy it has turned it into a looker. I am pretty sure that nobody in Coimbatore will be able to notice that this is the first Rider variant now
I am sure it will help all other future buyers if you can share the price breakup of the mods you have so far.

Quote:
- Being a BS6, I noticed that there are a couple of lamps that remain on all the time, changed it to white
Which lights are these buddy that stays on in a BS6 car?
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:30   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, as mentioned earlier the Rapid Rider is now home and apparently it is the first in Coimbatore!
Hi Sabrish,
Hearty congratulations on your new acquisition. Good choice.

It's a known and a hot topic under discussion, on how good and worth for money, the Rider variant is.
With few essential and good mods, you have made the outlook of the car still better.

Quote:
A few basic mods done

- 16 Inch Clubber Alloys - Sourced from an Ex Rapid Owner
- Blackened Roof, ORVM & Tail lamps (More like a Monte Carlo Edition)
- OE Fog Lamps Added
- An aftermarket Lip Spoiler
Nice mods there.
When one of the BHPians was looking for suggestions, on whether to pick a white or a carbon steel colour Rider (In the other Rapid thread),
I myself had suggested him a White car with above few mods.

Nice to know that you too had similar ideas, and you have executed it well.
You have given many viewers, an idea/example on how good a Rapid Rider looks, in its White avatar, with certain basic mods.
Many thanks to you.

The alloys and fog lamps are giving a complete look to the front and side profile.
While the blackened ORVMs and roof, a lip spoiler have made the Rider look more pleasing to the eyes.

Quote:
The Vehicle is registered already and I am waiting for the plates to turn in!
Can you please share few more pics of exteriors and interiors?
Hoping to see a ownership review from you soon.

Congrats once again.
Wishing you a safe and many happy miles with your Rider.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 24th June 2020 at 11:36.
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:48   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new ride. Do post your initial impressions with the car especially the TSi engine. Are the fog lamps OE dealer fitted or from outside? I guess the rotary combination switch also has to be changed while fixing the fog lamps. How much did the fog lamps cost you?

Last edited by longhorn : 24th June 2020 at 12:01.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:09   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Which lights are these buddy that stays on in a BS6 car?
These are the lamps to the corner on both sides refer the below marked area Plus a few more pics I have handy right now, I will add a more detailed write up on how it drives soon.

A quick reference of the total cost

The Alloys were sourced for 20K (4 Wheels - 16" Clubber Alloys)
The Tyres are 205 section Yoko Blue Earth (Sorry for the Typo Earlier as I made a reference as 195) 7.7 * 4 (32K)

The Wraps costed me 1.9K for the Roof, 600 for Mirrors and the tail lamps were a compliment

The Fog Lamps were OE but sourced outside and it costed me 12K (Total set up including the wiring and labor)

The Lip Spoiler is an aftermarket Samurai one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seat Covers Costed me 10K - he did a decent job with the fitting, no loose ends!

The 3M Sun Film on the Windscreen costed about 4K

A Hella Horn for 1.2K (Incl Labor)

Steering Cover is Leather wrapped

I believe thats pretty much it...The Stock HU sounds pretty good and does the job so I didn't bother changing them...A Decent Smartphone holder does the job for me

I will add more pics later once get them organized...

In addition the essential kit of Rapid covered a few items, please refer the last pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Congrats on your new ride. Do post your initial impressions with the car especially the TSi engine. Are the fog lamps OE dealer fitted or from outside? I guess the rotary combination switch also has to be changed while fixing the fog lamps. How much did the fog lamps cost you?
The Lamps are OE but the Stock Rotary Switch wasn't available, so its a direct switch below the Dash on the driver side (Well hidden to avoid being an eyesore)

We can always retrofit the Rotary Switch to this set up later is what I was told. The switch would cost another 6k.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-bs6-lamps.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200622_181759.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200622_200539.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200622_200544.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200623_095827.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200623_095858.jpg  

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-20200613_184254.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 24th June 2020 at 13:55. Reason: Mod note attached.
Sabrish is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:13   #141
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Many congratulations on your beauty. Can you share OTR price details? My friend is in look out for a rider here in Trichy.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:19   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Many congratulations on your beauty. Can you share OTR price details? My friend is in look out for a rider here in Trichy.
Attached is the price of the Rapid here in Coimbatore..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RAPID PRICE LIST.pdf (138.5 KB, 610 views)
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:21   #143
BHPian

Quote:

A quick reference of the total cost
Does this mean your car's warranty is voided now, as these mods are not (all) from the dealer?

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 24th June 2020 at 13:56. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 24th June 2020, 12:31   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Does this mean your car's warranty is voided now, as these mods are not (all) from the dealer?
Not at all, none of them have any impact to the stock wiring. In fact the only electrical mod was the Fog Lamps but that was also initially quoted to me by the Skoda dealer team during the delivery. I did check with them if they are going to install the way how it is on an ambition or a style variant but they will add a switch on the dash for the lamps and I have done it in a similar fashion albeit outside at a much lesser cost.

without having to disturb any stock wiring...So the warranty holds good..

Attaching the quote I received from the Skoda team on the list of accessories and their cost was deep!

Wraps/OE Wheels/Seat Covers do not alter the mechanical set up hence the warranty issues dont crop up
Attached Thumbnails
Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-whatsapp-image-20200618-16.27.54.jpeg  

Last edited by Sabrish : 24th June 2020 at 12:32. Reason: Attachment
Old 24th June 2020, 12:33   #145
BHPian

Quote:
I believe thats pretty much it...The Stock HU sounds pretty good and does the job so I didn't bother changing them...A Decent Smartphone holder does the job for me

I will add more pics later once get them organized...

In addition the essential kit of Rapid covered a few items, please refer the last pic
Neat setup, congrats. The only thing missing in my opinion is the steering wheel controls. Planning to retrofit something for the same? Any aftermarket stuff available for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think warranty will be void, as long as we don't strip the existing wires.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:53   #146
KPR
BANNED

Would you buy the Skoda Rapid 1.0 (base trim) over similarly-priced Compact Sedans (higher trims)?-rapid.jpg

Had Skoda brought in a variant after Rider with Touch screen and Steering control at less than 10L it would've brought in Polo highline customers to buy a Rapid instead. The gap between 8.5L to 11.5L (OTR) is too much and I doubt if 11.5L and above variants will sell given the traffic there in that price range.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 12:55   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching the quote I received from the Skoda team on the list of accessories and their cost was deep!
Thanks for sharing this. Along with this, did you enquire regarding addition of reverse parking camera? When I enquired with a dealer over phone, he mentioned that it is not possible directly on the Rider since the unit is not touch screen. But in the accessories list shared here I see touch screen system which then means they can optionally integrate reverse parking camera also with it on additional cost?

Last edited by skarthiksr : 24th June 2020 at 12:56.
Old 24th June 2020, 13:11   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Along with this, did you enquire regarding addition of reverse parking camera? When I enquired with a dealer over phone, he mentioned that it is not possible directly on the Rider since the unit is not touch screen. But in the accessories list shared here I see touch screen system which then means they can optionally integrate reverse parking camera also with it on additional cost?
Yes you can if you add the touch screen unit..but I'd rather check if you can pick a good IRVM which has a display that can be connected to a Cam...not the big common ones that are an eyesore but more sleek and sophisticated ones have come up with only the rear cam display..that should work
Old 24th June 2020, 17:53   #149
BHPian

Those clubber rims looks dope.Blackened tail lights too.
Congratulations Sabrish. I am also planning to get the Rider one. The problem in bengaluru is that there is only one service center of Skoda now.
Quote:
Hello all, as mentioned earlier the Rapid Rider is now home and apparently it is the first in Coimbatore! Sharing a few pics for now and will surely share the TSI experience once I get to spend longer miles with it!
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 18:26   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Those clubber rims looks dope.Blackened tail lights too.
Congratulations Sabrish. I am also planning to get the Rider one. The problem in bengaluru is that there is only one service center of Skoda now.
Indeed, that's the case with many cities and at least the service interval is a saving grace being a little longer! I hope the rider turns the fortune for them since a bit of volume would go a longer way in improving the services and reach! If they have a similar strategy for their upcoming products they could see a potential growth in the customer base. Else its an MI for them

Most Viewed