Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Skoda Octavia today?
Yes 509 72.30%
No 195 27.70%
Voters: 704. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 23:19   #151
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hey guys,

Based off where I am, the prices of pre owned skoda's are ridiculous. I have my eyes on two octavias and condition of both the cars are pretty good.

1: 2019, Octavia style TDI 90K done (chennai registration)

Price Quoted-18L

2: 2019, Octavia L&K TDI 35K done (Salem registration)

Price Quoted-23.5L

Both are eligible for two years extended warranty

The second options seems very unreasonable and I think the right price should be 19L. I don't think I can get the seller down to my price so hence I am planning to go with the first option the style variant.

1) Is the price quoted by the dealer ideal in todays market conditions? These 2019 variants were offered with good discounts which were nearing the BS6 compliance.

2)Did the style variant come with two different alloys pattern?Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screenshot-20230224-23.15.35.png

Name:  Screenshot 20230224 at 23.16.41.png
Views: 556
Size:  770.5 KB

3)What were the differences between these two(style vs L&K) variants in 2019 in terms of features and specs?
Downshift98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 22:38   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
I highly recommend you get yourself an OBD scanner like OBDeleven. It is cheap. Plug it into the car, take a look at all the fault codes and google them and find out what they point to. The good thing about german cars is that they have excellent diagnostics and you find posts about most of the problems that you face and how people solved them. The OBD scanner will also provide you with part numbers so that you can yourself look them up and estimate parts cost. I also made a extensive checklist when I was in the market for a used octavia. I can share it with you if you want. Most importantly, do the test drive and inspection yourself. If the car has a major problem, Look, listen and feel will definetly uncover it.
Hi, can you please share your checklist here? It'll really benefit a lot of less experienced potential buyers. Many thanks in advance!
Old 27th March 2023, 10:01   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Hi, can you please share your checklist here? It'll really benefit a lot of less experienced potential buyers. Many thanks in advance!
Here you go. Hope this checklist helps someone.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Used car checklist.xlsx (14.1 KB, 163 views)
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 23:13   #154
BHPian

Awesome checklist. Many thanks for sharing sir, I'm sure it will help a lot of folks!
Memphis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 20:53   #155

Hi!

I am resident doctor based in Delhi. I looking to buy a car under 20 lac.
Considering Slavia / Virtus 1.5 DSG.
But I am not able to overlook the prospect of buying a used Octavia. Should I consider this in 2023 keeping in mind I would not be able to spare any additional for repairs etc.
Old 30th June 2023, 11:13   #156
BHPian

Absolutely. try to find a 2019-20 Octavia.
Old 19th December 2023, 17:56   #157
BHPian

Greetings to all the members of the forum.
I have gone through almost all threads regarding Octavia 3rd gen on team bhp. Surely Octavia has piqued my interest.
So when time came to look for additional garage in car I suggested Octavia as an option to my family.
So with budget cap of 12 lakhs i saw various Octavia.
I shortlisted the following Octavia-
2017 Facelift ,1.4 tsi Manual in Ambition trim 35k km run. It is a Single owner car
Dealer has posted it for 11lakhs.
What would be best price according to you all?

I am yet to check out the car personally
Old 24th December 2023, 08:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Greetings to all the members of the forum.
I have gone through almost all threads regarding Octavia 3rd gen on team bhp. Surely Octavia has piqued my interest.
So when time came to look for additional garage in car I suggested Octavia as an option to my family.
So with budget cap of 12 lakhs i saw various Octavia.
I shortlisted the following Octavia-
2017 Facelift ,1.4 tsi Manual in Ambition trim 35k km run. It is a Single owner car
Dealer has posted it for 11lakhs.
What would be best price according to you all?

I am yet to check out the car personally
1.5 years ago I got my 2016 Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG for 6.75 lakhs. The car in contention is 1.4 TSI and Manual. Only thing going for it is 35K kms running (which I think should be verified at skoda). You will find car lacking in torque. Considering all this, I wouldn't offer more than 8-8.5 lakhs
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 11:26   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
1.5 years ago I got my 2016 Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG for 6.75 lakhs. The car in contention is 1.4 TSI and Manual. Only thing going for it is 35K kms running (which I think should be verified at skoda). You will find car lacking in torque. Considering all this, I wouldn't offer more than 8-8.5 lakhs
Thanks for the reply. The car got sold up within a few days after calling the dealer. 35k km odo reading also seemed fishy to me.
I checked out an another car as well but it too had its odo rolled back to 65k km from original 115k km (found about it upon checking the service records)
Thanks for giving me a price range since I would not have negotiated below 10 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks