Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 19:27   #586
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Started from Noida at 5 pm to reach Dwarka at 6.30 (via Rajender da Dhaba ). Saw a lot of action, but escaped thankfully !
Old 4th May 2012, 19:27   #587
BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
So guys, what is your suggestion?

Should I get the films removed from my car? If yes, only sides and rear (RE35) or Front (CR70) also?

I am in Gurgaon (Rs.1,000/- zone) and can manage not to take out my car till Sunday.
Sirji, you are in most danger zone, and Sunday is only 2 days away, better remove them and wait for further orders, why be in the bad book of bad boys....
Old 4th May 2012, 19:32   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Started from Noida at 5 pm to reach Dwarka at 6.30 (via Rajender da Dhaba ). Saw a lot of action, but escaped thankfully !
what did you do? roll down the windows?

sooner or later the cops are gonna catch up on this tactic
Old 4th May 2012, 19:33   #589
BHPian

Why cant the enforcement be done in the following way?

1. Ban the sale of automotive Sunfilms at the source, People who are going to get the sunfilms done will not be able to do it
2. Run awareness campaigns through various media and fix a deadline for removing the sunfilms from the cars. The deadline should be communicated atleast 3months earlier.
3. Start collecting fines from cars wearing sunfilms after the deadline.

When will our Judiciary and enforcers learn?

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 4th May 2012 at 19:42.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:34   #590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
what did you do? roll down the windows?

sooner or later the cops are gonna catch up on this tactic
Nopes. Was mentally prepared to pay a 100 bucks, so relaxed driving it was
Old 4th May 2012, 19:42   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Film on the Sumo glass is pretty dark. Wonder if I should remove them.

Guys, what's the treatment that cabbies are getting ? Indica/ Sumo etc ?
Old 4th May 2012, 19:48   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Film on the Sumo glass is pretty dark. Wonder if I should remove them.

Guys, what's the treatment that cabbies are getting ? Indica/ Sumo etc ?
Sir,
I wonder if the Sumos & Scorpios would even be touched/stopped in Bangalore!

I think we spend enough on those deathsticks and can spare that extra 100 bucks. Lets wait and watch. If stopped, we comply. If not, we carry on. Its not a non bailable offence like Drink & Drive. So, as long as we are prepared for the worst case scenario : 100+Removal, we are fine!

Till then, lets enjoy our tints. The joy is worth 100 bucks anyways.

Meanwhile, there's another way I guess. Cops in Bangalore(at least), will not dare to try to do any checks during rush hours. Any such move would be counterproductive and will cause the entire traffic system to choke. So, if one wants to avoid paying 100bucks and parting with the films, sticking to the rush hour traffic might help

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 4th May 2012 at 20:01.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:49   #593
Senior - BHPian

I can't imagine life in the streets without a sun film in my rear windscreen with all those high-beamers on the prowl.
In Kerala driving a vehicle with the lights blazing has caught on like a madhouse afire.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 19:52   #594
Senior - BHPian

Saw on NDTV news... No kind of films are allowed on any cars, even if its 50% or 75%.

I am so damn frustrated.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:54   #595
BHPian

started from Ph-V gurgaon around 5:30 and reached shalimar bagh 6:45pm. Nothing found on roads too during this time. Though I have RE 50 and RE70. So but relaxed.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:57   #596
BHPian

What's the scene in Mumbai on this. Haven't had a chance to venture out into town this week.

Luckily, I haven't installed films on the Linea yet so shouldn't hit me hard but a few friends just got V-Kool installed. It's going to pinch for them.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:00   #597
BHPian

AFAIK, tinted glass offered by most manufacturers is just coloured glass(I'm not sure). I don't think it's a sunfilm in between two layers of glass. Though the VLT is low, it doesn't offer UV protection or heat rejection like the sunfilms.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:04   #598
BHPian

Scenario 1:
Read in the papers that XYZ committed some crime and the vehicle impounded later on had tinted glasses.
Since it didn't happen to me would blame it on Police who have a law in place for dark films but never go on to enforce it.
Generalization- Darker the Tint on the vehicle more of a hooligan/anti social element/something hanky panky in it.

Scenario 2:
Read in paper about Supreme court ruling about banning the sun films and Police going for the kill .
Damn Supreme Court and police , there is no rationale behind the ruling. Lets be fair and give a certain percentage of tint as allowed or better ban sun films.
Generalization: Is us who have to suffer come what may.

My two cents , given the extent to which we take ourselves granted the need of the hour calls for stricter laws to make us fall in line . Yes it may be a little too stringent or may seem absurd on face value but even if it proves as a deterrence for one single crime I think its purpose is fulfilled.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:05   #599
BHPian

Did the govt go mad? Ban sunfilms completely? that too during summer? Do they think we are living in Antarctica?
Can't the tax payers have some privacy at all? No wonder soon there'll be a rule which says u cannot drive during the night unless your cabin lamp is turned on. Worst, your headlight switch turning on both your headlights and cabin lamp simultaneously will be made mandatory
50% on all the sides is very decent and is absolutely ok is what I think. It proved enough heat rejection and it doesn't block the vision too. What's wrong in having it?

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 4th May 2012 at 20:06.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:08   #600
Senior - BHPian

Nothing in bangalore from my route in Hebbal to Vittal Mallya road via Bellary road today. I dont think cops will stop cars with tints, unless there is a ruling from the Transport Ministry to support this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks