Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 04:52   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Is it only the films or sun curtain too are banned...like the ones that comes in high end cars like BMW etc. Also what bout those sticky's that you get from traffic lights. Are those banned too???
The curtains that come with the car are not banned, also if the glass has some tint from the manufacturer then that is also ok.

The sticky's would be difficult to ban as they do not cover the complete glass and only a small area, hence i think they would be safe to use if one is pulling out the films. BTW the consensus on the thread seems to be wait and watch for sometime for this thing to clear itself.
Old 4th May 2012, 06:24   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I plan to take my Fiesta tomorrow, which has a lighter shade of sun film when compared to my Santro. Guys, wish me luck. Any other Chennaiite trying his luck tomorrow?
I am giving you company pal. My recent leg injury has taken my Pulsar out of contention and the only other vehicle that I own is the Civic. I hope nothing untoward happens during my drive to work and back today. Meanwhile, as sumeethaldankar suggested, I am planning to keep a razor in my car today which would help in peeling off the films carefully, just in case it is unavoidable.
Old 4th May 2012, 06:47   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The irony is that no Sun Film Manufacturer has expressed thier grief. Well known brands like Garware, 3m, VKOOL etc were supposed to jump right.

This would mean that they loose their business right ?
If you are depending on updates through news papers, then that would not be the right conclusion. News papers are known to be selective about what they tell us. They dont always tell us everything. So let us try & find out more details before we discuss that point further.
Old 4th May 2012, 07:55   #454
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore Golf course to office on Bannerghatta Road. Freaking cops at every blind spot and junction. Really thought Ill get stopped atleast 3-4 times with regards to having Black tints on my Beat. No Idea why they were stopping cars, bikes and pretty much any moving thing.
Old 4th May 2012, 08:00   #455
Senior - BHPian

That's because they don't see these moving things as vehicles anymore. These are ATM on wheels

you be careful now; you've 30% VLT
Old 4th May 2012, 08:01   #456
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Delhi update

Just came back after dropping kids to school at Vasant Vihar. There were cops, but none were checking for the film.

May be they may start the drive after the office traffic.
Old 4th May 2012, 08:23   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
That's because they don't see these moving things as vehicles anymore. These are ATM on wheels

you be careful now; you've 30% VLT

Thanks, will we careful. However, I do not have 30%, I have legal 70% added on my Stock Beat's 70% (which I wasn't aware of) making it 49% I guess?

However, a GM seal on all my windows states 70% VLT, maybe I can fool cops by showing them that (provided they agree to the legal limits rule which I can explain through kannada which I dont know)

I am planning on getting them removed anyways.
Old 4th May 2012, 08:24   #458
BHPian

I will be driving from Kerala through Tamilnadu (Coimbatore, Salem, Hosur) to Bangalore on Sunday - Way back to work. Any reports from these areas? I do want to obey rules - but only need some time. Thought I would go back to the same 3m center at HSR Layout (BLR) where I got it sticked 2 weeks ago.
Old 4th May 2012, 08:29   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Drove from Bangalore Golf course to office on Bannerghatta Road. Freaking cops at every blind spot and junction. Really thought Ill get stopped atleast 3-4 times with regards to having Black tints on my Beat. No Idea why they were stopping cars, bikes and pretty much any moving thing.

Some high ranking police officer was doing rounds thru the city and that's the reason why you see so many of them "ON DUTY". I was having breakfast at a darshini on my way into the office and a traffic cop posted on duty was talking to someone on this.

Last edited by carmania : 4th May 2012 at 08:41. Reason: correction
Old 4th May 2012, 08:53   #460
Senior - BHPian

Just landed in Thrissur, Kerala. I see many dark tints driving around and police don't seem to be bothered.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:11   #461
BHPian

Gurgaon update: Travelled to office in DLF Cyber City from Sector 56 via Gold Course Road & Sikanderpur. Cars with sunfilms are plying as usual. Only couple of traffic cops seen on Global Foyer traffic signal, busy with harassing a tractor trolley wallah. A view out of office window show majority of cars still carrying sunfilms. BAU as of now!

Last edited by bloodred : 4th May 2012 at 09:21.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:16   #462
BANNED

This may go the same way as many other laws:

1. Use of High Wattage Bulbs, or HIDs.
2. Seat belt wearing (now better in some states).
3. Number plates in local language and / or wrong colours and sizes. May be HSRP will come in one day. UP is caught in litigation.
4.Stereo's in cars in MH are illegal! We have common act then why the silly local regulations/variations (yellow dots on head lamps in GJ).

It will be a source of moolah to the fuzz and harassment to the driver / owner.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:18   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Just landed in Thrissur, Kerala. I see many dark tints driving around and police don't seem to be bothered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Gurgaon update: Travelled to office in DLF Cyber City from Sector 56 via Gold Course Road, Sikanderpur. Cars will sunfilms plying as usual. Only couple of traffic cops seen on Global Foyer traffic signal, busy in harassing a tractor trolley wallah. A view out of office windows show majority of cars still carrying sunfilms. BAU as of now!
80% of cars I saw on the road had Sunfilms, so I dont think the drive for removing them has started so far.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:22   #464
BHPian

This is what happens when the judiciary passes such ridiculous verdicts. Even the law enforcers are reluctant to carry out the orders.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:24   #465
Senior - BHPian

And I was planning to tint my car this month!!!

One PIL and they banned use of dark tinted film on windscreens and windowpanes of cars to check crime, particularly sexual assaults on women in moving vehicles across the Capital.

I hope someone will not file a PIL against 'marriage' as a major reason for Domestic Violence

By the way is this rule applicable only in Delhi?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks