Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 10:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

@Moral...The key is electronically coded, the code chip is somewhere in the key only and when you insert the key in the keyhole, the engine is started only if the code matches.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:28   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I told you guys that i dont know much abt cars..

I know this forum is full of Palio lovers...but just had a doubt.. wanted to clear it guys..

As far as runnning is concerned...i am sure..i can easily run as far as i can from the 1.1 Palio...and i bet it can never chase my swift

1.6 is in a different league..sorry if i hurt anybodys feelings..i never compared this with padmini.

But seriously speaking...when even tata can come up with a car with much tech specs... why not FIAT ? the car has no tech spec worth talking abt..

Thats why i was curious..as you guys know much more than me.

I dont think its fair comparing a swift to a Palio 1.1 as both cars cater to two entirely different market. Price wise you can compare it with 1.6 and frankly speaking Swift looks much better but its again subjective as some prefer a more subdued looks. If driven hard I dont think even swift will return good FE .

Fiat had brought a 1.7 TD back in 1999, one of the first low cost turbo diesel units launched in our country . I have been using it for past 7 years and 5 months and have done more than 125000kms in it. I am very happy with the car , no engine/gearbox/clutch problem to date .

This Forum is not full of palio lovers, its got some palio lovers who gets into trouble with Hyundai Lovers and baleno lovers occasionally , and the best part is they always argue about different aspects of the car .

I like Fiat for making my car , but am not a Fiat lover coz I like baleno for its looks(long hood and short overhangs) and power. I love Hyundais for making great engine at such an affordable price.

And I hate guys who makes the so called groups , Fiat /Hyundai/Tata/Baleno(not maruti). What I would suggest is discuss with an open mind , it can be very relaxing and informative.

Last edited by maxbhp : 5th April 2007 at 10:35.
Old 5th April 2007, 10:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

@Max BHP

I didnt compare it with swift..

but when i saw tech specs of 1.1, and compare it with other 1.1 L cars, this car surely looks underpowered..atleast on paper..

thats why wanted to know more abt some technical stuff...

When a korean company can get a 66 BHP Getz(almost same size of palio) how come similar palio is just 57BHP ?

As the engine doesnt look powerful at all...i was curious as to why FIAT has come up with such an engine for india?
Old 5th April 2007, 10:51   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but when i saw tech specs of 1.1, and compare it with other 1.1 L cars, this car surely looks underpowered..atleast on paper..

When a korean company can get a 66 BHP Getz(almost same size of palio) how come similar palio is just 57BHP ?

As the engine doesnt look powerful at all...i was curious as to why FIAT has come up with such an engine for india?

I agree with you fully over here but maybe for the time being . They want to keep the cost down and this may have been the most logical move.Later on , they may add better engines .

Last edited by maxbhp : 5th April 2007 at 10:52.
Old 5th April 2007, 11:12   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Max BHP

Its on PAPER and hence it does not look Power full, I guess I was the first one in Mumbai to take a test drive and I beg to differ from you. The car does NOT feel underpowered at all.
Old 5th April 2007, 11:35   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I was the first one in Mumbai to take a test drive and I beg to differ from you. The car does NOT feel underpowered at all.

Newer car with lower Bhp engine but has way better driveablity. Or was the old one better? Now where have we gone through the same discussions earlier. Anyone remember the OHC V/s NHC discussions on the same lines?

Last edited by amit : 5th April 2007 at 11:36.
Old 5th April 2007, 11:36   #172
BHPian

1.6 looks any different?

Why they have not put seperate link for 1.6?
Does it look different from 1.1 in any way?
Earlier, 1.6 sport was having a completely different look.
Old 5th April 2007, 11:44   #173
Team-BHP Support

Amit... all in the name of better fuel efficiency. If thats what the aam junta wants..
Old 5th April 2007, 12:15   #174
Senior - BHPian

So one more Acronym now..? OFP and NFP :o)
Old 5th April 2007, 12:16   #175
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly, Fiat has come up with two extremes in its offerings.
  • 1.1 for FE conscious aam Janta with lowest power/torque in its segment. (Will be interesting to see how people respond to it).
  • 1.6 for enthusiastic power hungry drivers with maximum power/torque in its segment.
Looks like a clever ploy on paper to offer something for everyone.

I saw its advt today and it now offers 18 month unlimited KM warrantee + 18 month extended warrantee. Base model price seems to be right. Actually, they should strip down base model further and come up with even cheaper base model having no a/c, no power windows. No one probably buys such a thing, but the low price is at least good enough to attract potential customer to the showroom.
Old 5th April 2007, 12:29   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
they should strip down base model further and come up with even cheaper base model having no a/c, no power windows. No one probably buys such a thing, but the low price is at least good enough to attract potential customer to the showroom.
I agree to what RX says, I have seen so many people going to showroom for Alto LX model and finally buying ALto LXi( with powersteering).
Old 5th April 2007, 12:42   #177
Senior - BHPian

Better late then never. The new Palio is finally out and so is a new website. Sure the car isn't all new and they could have done a much better job with the interiors but we have to wait and watch how Tata-Fiat market the car in the coming months and how the market responds to them. On paper the car looks promising. In the segment that the Palio has been pushed down into, Bhp and 0-100 timings don't matter as much as an extra 1kmpl over the competition. If the car actually delivers 12-13 kmpl with A/c in city driving and if Fiat is able to communicate this to buyers then sales of the new Palio can easily start climbing. Besides, compared to the Wagon R and the Santro's the stile will be better built, more spacious, have way better ride , give the big car feel and is definately much much better looking. With comparative FE figures all the company needs to do is give out freebies, discounts, improve customer service and after sales service and they should see a lot more people walking into their showrooms.

I now like the looks of the car. Very modern and fresh. Good job on that front. The website is also much better designed and well, at least Fiat has updated their site. Yes, the absence of a diesel is worrying but both Fiat and Tata had annnounced long before the new Palio launch that multi-jet diesels will be made at their plant starting 208. So the non-avaliablity of a MJD Palio shouldn't be surprising. I don't know if they can buy the MJD engine from MUL till they get their logistics at the new plant in order.

To me, the launch of the Palio Stile is not as important as the future. Fiat has a brand new plant, they are working to increase the number of dealerships, they said their website would be up and running on april 4 and it is, they are offering better warranty and extended warranty, they are talking about marketing their cars and they have officially come out and announced that the Grande Punto and Linea will be launched in mid 2008. For the first time, Fiat is looking and sounding sensible!

Has anyone visited the promotions section on the website? Looks like Fiat has decided to make Indians nostalgic about the Fiat 100 (Premier Padmini). Is that the marketing strategy of the Stile? The next few months will be interesting. The car is out, now it's time Fiat and Tata worked on marketing the car.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

Pricing of 1.6 Stile is tempting Rs. 4,38,703.....
Old 5th April 2007, 14:36   #179
BHPian

I checked the dealer list in Mumbai and I am happy to see that Anuroop is no more in the list...may be they have missed the name. There are only 3 dealers Fortune, Wasan and Shaman.
Old 5th April 2007, 15:30   #180
Senior - BHPian

Hi Firebird,

In a way its risky as well..Just 3 dealers to cater to Mumbai..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks