Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used BMW 3-Series today?
Yes 426 76.76%
No 129 23.24%
Voters: 555. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 03:25   #106
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used BMW 3-Series (F30)

Vote is for NO (Looks like clicked yes accidentally)

I had an E90 and didn’t quite like the steering of F30. I would wait for the G20 in the used market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yes!

I would have bought an used F30 or a F10 for half the money I spent on my G20 330i.
Money well spent on G20. You can read more about it here (BMW 3-Series G20 over F30 : Dynamics & handling improvements)

Last edited by carthick1000 : 17th August 2022 at 03:27.
Old 17th August 2022, 08:04   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Thanks Shuvam.
Yes, that Mr Sadhukhan only handling my case too and the discussion is still in progress.
RC transfer is a one of the concern area for me as well which they assured to be a hassle free afair, lets see.

Buyback scheme is not available in case of a used car, enquired and confirmed. However, will negotiate hard to obtain the best price possible.

Again asking the same question probably, do we have a dependable aftermarket service centre in Kolkata who does a decent job?
Do check the original RC and original RTO tax paid receipt physically to confirm the ownership and other details to verify the information is exactly what is communicated to you and taxes are paid properly as per govt calculations.

Why is the road tax only till 2025 ? Isn't it supposed to be for life time ( 15 years) ?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th August 2022 at 08:05.
Old 17th August 2022, 23:44   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Do check the original RC and original RTO tax paid receipt physically to confirm the ownership and other details to verify the information is exactly what is communicated to you and taxes are paid properly as per govt calculations.

Why is the road tax only till 2025 ? Isn't it supposed to be for life time ( 15 years) ?
It’s Kolkata, WB. There are 2 options during registration. Either 15 years or pay 5.5% every 5 years. Most people opt for the latter since it brings down the upfront cost and for people like me who don’t keep the car for long makes sense.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 17th August 2022 at 23:45.
Old 1st October 2022, 01:27   #109
adv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
I also added a HD reverse camera with adaptive guidelines which completes the car.
Hi @Starfire, could you or other F30 owners please let me know which make/ model reverse camera you got fitted on your car and from where you got it fitted? I’m checking out a preowned F30 and have become so used to reverse camera now on newer albeit more modest cars! Thanks!
Old 29th October 2022, 16:38   #110
BHPian

Just to give a quick update. Booked that pre-owned Red F30 and got her home just before the 'Durga Puja' in kolkata. Had run so far about 2k and running quite well without any fuss, touchwood.

Not taken many pictures, just couple are in the phone ( sorry for quite ordinary quality) :

Its a 2016 make, single owner driven, more or less in a good condition whatsoever. However, couple of question:

While viewing it in flesh, the car still looks old i. e. The shine of a new car is absent, even after the polish given by BMW SC. Is there any better place in Kolkata, who can restore the gloss , specially in the outside body and wheels?

I am not very impressed with the sound quality of the stock audio, has anybody tried upgrading the OEM speaker to a better one?

Regards
- Soumya
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used BMW 3-Series (F30)-img_20220930_221451.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used BMW 3-Series (F30)-img_20220930_221505.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used BMW 3-Series (F30)-img_20221029_164452.jpg  

Last edited by bhatmaster : 29th October 2022 at 16:45.
bhatmaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 19:13   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
I am not very impressed with the sound quality of the stock audio, has anybody tried upgrading the OEM speaker to a better one?
Hey! You do not need to upgrade the OEM speakers since they are of quite great quality. However you need to upgrade the AMP to get the best out of the setup. Here's the link on what you should get -
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

After this, you might consider getting Earthquake underseat subs as an upgrade. Going by posts on bimmerpost, many people have tried this setup and are extremely satisfied.
Old 29th October 2022, 23:26   #112
BHPian

Thanks for the information. One question, without upgrading the Amp, can I fit under-seat sub in the stock HU?
Old 20th December 2022, 23:40   #113
FGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
You might be mistaken. While installing a reverse camera earlier this year, I had too opened the enter dash of my 2016 BMW 320i LCI Luxury Line ... .
Hi Dealer, would you mind sharing some more details on the installation of the reverse camera? Have bought a 320i of similar vintage and would like to retrofit a reserve camera as well.
Old 21st December 2022, 05:42   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGP View Post
Hi Dealer, would you mind sharing some more details on the installation of the reverse camera? Have bought a 320i of similar vintage and would like to retrofit a reserve camera as well.
Hey, the reverse camera that I bought after receiving recommendations on the bimmerpost forum sadly didn’t work. I have pretty much dropped the idea of getting a reverse camera since I -
1) do not want an android system or anything less than an OEM+ system
2) bimmertech options are too expensive
3) almost all other options are chinese imports that do not offer anything in terms of support incase things do not work.
4) other mods now feel like a better spend of money.
dealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 15:57   #115

Deal all,

I need advice on a used F30.

Details of the car

Model F 30 LCI
Make 2016
ODO 100000
First owner, owned under a company name.

More details:Insurance has been claimed for minor cosmetic work. owner says he is having all the details of the service records. there are no scratches on the body visually.

I think I can negotiate it for 17L. How much is the fair value in the present market conditions.

Is it advisable to go for it in first place ? a little trouble here and there is fine for me, but I am primarily looking for that "Sheer driving pleasure"

I already own a W123 and 2008 Civic, of which I am planning to let go Civic, of which I am not really sure though.

Your advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 27th May 2023, 20:39   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavrayudu View Post
I think I can negotiate it for 17L. How much is the fair value in the present market conditions.
I don’t know enough of how prices are in your area, but I know damn well that a 7 year old BMW that has run 1 lakh kms (!) does not warrant 17 lakhs. Nowhere near.

Bombay has some of the higher prices in the country, and 15-16 lakhs (give or take) gets you a 2015/16 320d run about 50-60k kms. This car you speak of has run way too much. Avoid it if you can.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 21:30   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post

Bombay has some of the higher prices in the country, and 15-16 lakhs (give or take) gets you a 2015/16 320d run about 50-60k kms. This car you speak of has run way too much. Avoid it if you can.
Well, presently I am in Mumbai, and primarily I am looking in Mumbai itself. but the above mentioned car is from NCR.

I am specifically looking for F 30 LCI, and the cheapest that I can see in Mumbai is 20L (The LCI), of course pre face lift are going for lot less than that.

I have searched all major used car websites and other ad places, but couldn't find anything less than 20L, recently I cam across one in Spinny, took a test ride, it was beautiful and ticking all the boxes, but it was quoted at 23L and I felt it is expensive, so passed it on.

If you have any leads, it'll be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply !
Old 27th May 2023, 22:07   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, presently I am in Mumbai, and primarily I am looking in Mumbai itself. but the above mentioned car is from NCR.
Ah, ok. Gotcha. But a word of advice; don’t look at cars from NCR, or out of Maharashtra. At most, look for DD cars. Cops don’t always take too kindly to out of state cars. Besides, if it’s an NCR car, it’s an even worse deal. Cars there are reasonable compared to Bombay, so whoever is selling it is charging a fat premium for a 1 lakh KM run car, LCI goodness notwithstanding.

Quote:
I have searched all major used car websites and other ad places, but couldn't find anything less than 20L, recently I cam across one in Spinny, took a test ride, it was beautiful and ticking all the boxes, but it was quoted at 23L and I felt it is expensive, so passed it on.
You’re right, 23 is way too high. The used car market is way too hot, but even then that’s overly optimistic.

Quote:
If you have any leads, it'll be much appreciated.
Will do. I assume you’re looking for 320d’s? Or would 330i’s also do?
Old 27th May 2023, 22:38   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Will do. I assume you’re looking for 320d’s? Or would 330i’s also do?
Both, I couldn't find any petrols at all.
Old 28th May 2023, 11:28   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both, I couldn't find any petrols at all.
I had a look, there really are slim pickings out there!

This is the only one I found that fit the bill. Get details, including service records if available, and perhaps check it out. I'm sure there's room for driving this down a bit.

If you were to look at pre-LCI's, this one seems very tasty. Again, do your due diligence and drive it down on price. Good luck!

Last edited by iliketurtles : 28th May 2023 at 11:30. Reason: One more ride
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks