Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 10:51   #511
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

The stance of the Kamiq looks too small for an SUV. Hope the Kushaq's Stance is close to the Korean twins.
Old 9th March 2021, 19:30   #512
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq spotted in Pune as the testing continues before the world premiere

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16152981347538961.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16152981309129121.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16152981264481725.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16152981205952773.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-fb_img_16152981397896495.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 23:41   #513

As per tweet reply by Zac Hollis and as per discussion by various automotive channels over youtube it is now clear that car deliveries will begin by may/june. Can some folk please guide how long one should ideally wait to check for initial batch niggles before getting a newly launched skoda car home in India after its lunch, specially as this vehicle is built ground up.
Old 10th March 2021, 07:08   #514
BHPian

This one is being heavily tested. Skoda is listening to experts before launching it. Don't think you should wait any further. Skoda is banking a lot on this and I believe they'll give their best shot to keep it almost niggle-free at launch. No car, in any iteration, is perfect for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bednbath View Post
Can some folk please guide how long one should ideally wait to check for initial batch niggles before getting a newly launched skoda car home in India after its lunch, specially as this vehicle is built ground up.
Old 10th March 2021, 09:31   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
The stance of the Kamiq looks too small for an SUV. Hope the Kushaq's Stance is close to the Korean twins.
My bet is the Kushaq is , for all intents and purposes a reskinned Kamiq with a more conventional Kodiaq/Karoq face. Going by the spy/camo pics, the stance would more S-Cross than Creta
JishD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 13:08   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Doesn't seem much taller than last gen i10. As another BHPian stated stance seems more like an S-Cross than a Seltos/Creta.

Now the (Non-homogloated) imported CBU T-RoC with 1.5 TSI DSG is priced at almost 22L Ex Showroom, so how can the Kushaq with 1.5TSi DSG be priced almost 7 lakhs lower, since both the cars share the same platform and powertrain. What is the catch? Maybe I am missing something here.
Old 10th March 2021, 13:29   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Doesn't seem much taller than last gen i10. As another BHPian stated stance seems more like an S-Cross than a Seltos/Creta.

Now the (Non-homogloated) imported CBU T-RoC with 1.5 TSI DSG is priced at almost 22L Ex Showroom, so how can the Kushaq with 1.5TSi DSG be priced almost 7 lakhs lower, since both the cars share the same platform and powertrain. What is the catch? Maybe I am missing something here.
T-Roc is based on Golf platform internationally. T-cross(who's platform is getting modified for Kushaq in india) is based on Polo's platform internationally.

T-roc was 19.99L last year and 21.35L now, where is the 7 Lakh lower price for Kushaq data coming from? The rumored pricing is 10-17/18L ex-showroom for Kushaq depending on the variant. So 1.5LTSI+DSR is expected to be priced at 17-18L ex-showroom. based on 20L pricepoint for T-ROC and considering Kushaq will have 95% local components I think Kushaq can be priced lower.
Old 10th March 2021, 14:27   #518
BHPian

I thought rumoured pricing for top of the line DSG was around 16L.
Let’s see what happens on 18th March. Exciting times ahead!
Old 10th March 2021, 15:32   #519
BHPian

Quote:
7 Lakh is due to 90% localization in Kushaq, where as high import taxes on CBU imported T-Roc. But I don't think top of the line 1.5 TSI DSG Kushaq will be prices lower than 17 Lakh Ex-showroom. So the difference is 5 Lakhs.

Eagerly waiting for this one, as I will be in the market for the price budget of 15 ex -showroom in the second half of this year. Let's hope Skoda is able to maintain the quality with this much localization.
Old 10th March 2021, 15:40   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
My bet is the Kushaq is , for all intents and purposes a reskinned Kamiq with a more conventional Kodiaq/Karoq face. Going by the spy/camo pics, the stance would more S-Cross than Creta
Agree, going by the camo pics and wheelbase revealed the stance and dimensions should be same as Kamiq. It is fine as long as it provides a good seating posture, good ride and handling. The driving experience with less body roll matters more to me.
Old 10th March 2021, 16:33   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Agree, going by the camo pics and wheelbase revealed the stance and dimensions should be same as Kamiq. It is fine as long as it provides a good seating posture, good ride and handling. The driving experience with less body roll matters more to me.
Agree. But if you look at the media drive reviews, a lot of mention about high body roll which concerns me too. Hopefully they fix it(to an acceptable level) by the time its launched.
Old 10th March 2021, 16:51   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I thought rumoured pricing for top of the line DSG was around 16L.
Let’s see what happens on 18th March. Exciting times ahead!
18th March is only the unveiling. Price reveal & cars will reach showrooms somewhere in June.
Old 10th March 2021, 18:45   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

A forerun of what to expect of the Kushaq, but this is the Kamiq reviewed in Australia.

Review does not go well for the 1.5 TSI/DSG combination.

- similarities likely on the dash layout, digital cockpit , boot space.

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 19:27   #524
Senior - BHPian

Is there a remote chance for sub 10L base variant (1L TSI manual)? All previous insider information were pointing to 10.6L price.

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th March 2021 at 19:28.
Old 10th March 2021, 19:39   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is there a remote chance for sub 10L base variant (1L TSI manual)? All previous insider information were pointing to 10.6L price.
It is possible that they may have a variant priced at 9.99 lacs just to entice the sub 10 lac buyers. Also in many states the rate of taxation for a sub 10 lac car is less than a 10+ Lac car and saves a few thousands for the buyer on taxes.
My guess is that they will start pre launch bookings after the reveal on 18th Mar and then depending on the response they get, reveal the final pricing at a much later date (possibly June) when they start deliveries. This allows them to gauge the price elasticity and fine tune the price before the launch. They should be targeting 5k-6k monthly sales of this and would hence the price in the "value luxury" segment (in Zac Hollis's words!)
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks