Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 19:53   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
It is possible that they may have a variant priced at 9.99 lacs just to entice the sub 10 lac buyers. Also in many states the rate of taxation for a sub 10 lac car is less than a 10+ Lac car and saves a few thousands for the buyer on taxes.
March 18th will be the Global Premier and the booking date of the Kushaq will be announced.
Following that event there is a dealer meet, where the car will be shown in detail.

Pricing wise it is likely to start at a sub 10 lakh level. Also it is speculated the VW Taigun will be cheaper than the Skoda sibling, but will have fewer variants.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 20:09   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is there a remote chance for sub 10L base variant (1L TSI manual)? All previous insider information were pointing to 10.6L price.
I tried to work back the cost of Kushaq from the Karoq pricing we know. Here is how it looks.

This calculation is totally arbitrary and based on quite a lot of assumptions. Could be totally wrong, but we can get a general idea of how it may be priced.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-kushaq.jpg  

Bhargav7 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 16:40   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a remote chance for sub 10L base variant (1L TSI manual)? All previous insider information were pointing to 10.6L price.
My hunch is that the base variant (rider plus MT) would start around 9 lakhs ex-showroom. This is the same engine and gearbox used in Rapid TSI and given the current scenario where Skoda is expecting Kushaq to be a game-changer, it is less likely that Skoda would seek a premium price tag for Kushaq 1L engine. Another thing is that Rapid will be discontinued by end of this year so the price point shouldn’t be an issue in terms of cannibalizing Rapid’s sales. I suppose Kushaq 1L will be priced competitively to attract Venue/Sonet, Ecosport, XUV300, Breeza, S-cross buyers.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-kushaq-price.jpg
swoosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 19:30   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I test drove Rapid manual 1L petrol today, other than the initial lag this gear box-engine combination is awesome, much better than automatic.

During the test drive I enquired about Kushaq launch, he did not have much details, but gave a hint about base variant (1L manual) price. According to him ex-showroom price is going to be 9.7 Lakhs, price announcement will be on 18th itself, and booking amount is 21K (all are unofficial information).

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th March 2021 at 19:33.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 19:56   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
----

- comes with 400 L boot space ( as in the KAMIQ)

- Pricing to start at ~ ₹ 9 lakhs ?
Quote:
-- According to him ex-showroom price is going to be 9.7 Lakhs
That is almost the price as circulated by the Czech. media on 4th March.

Prices to start at ~₹ 862746

It will definitely start at the sub ₹ 10 lakh price bracket.

Quote:
The new SUV should go on sale with a price starting around 260 thousand koruna.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th March 2021 at 20:10.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 20:13   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
Another thing is that Rapid will be discontinued by end of this year so the price point shouldn’t be an issue in terms of cannibalizing Rapid’s sales.

Attachment 2131508
As much as we want the Kushaq to come at a starting price tag of 8.99 Lakhs, I think this is not going to happen since Skoda is going to continue selling the Rapid considering a CNG variant is already under testing & pricing it too close to Rapid will certainly lead to sales cannibalization.
Old 13th March 2021, 21:40   #532
BHPian

Does anyone know if 1.5 TSI engine is locally manufactured or imported? If imported, then it might attract pretty high price, like we've seen in Kicks/Duster's 1.3 case.

Even if one variant is below 10L, I'm all in for it. I've booked Ecosport diesel and delivery was promised in mid April. Mind says go for Ecosport but heart says, wait for Kushaq.

If 1.5 TSI is Indian made, then it might bring down upcoming Octavia price as well.
Old 13th March 2021, 22:21   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
As much as we want the Kushaq to come at a starting price tag of 8.99 Lakhs, I think this is not going to happen since Skoda is going to continue selling the Rapid considering a CNG variant is already under testing & pricing it too close to Rapid will certainly lead to sales cannibalization.
I don’t think anyone here is expecting the Kushaq to be priced anything below say 9.7 - 9.8 L at best! Expecting a pricing of 8.99 L for a Skoda / VW is being too optimistic.

Well regarding the cannibalisation, isn’t it good for Skoda to cannibalise themselves rather then someone else doing it for them. Either way it’s a win-win situation for them!

The sedan market is dying for sure, and hence all the major companies have diverted their focus to the SUV segment. I won’t be even surprised if Skoda-VW get a sub compact SUV instead of a Polo / Fabia in the future.

Atleast going by the current trend, SUV is where the money is. It might be a bit unfortunate, but true sadly.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 00:16   #534
BHPian

Skoda is preparing for the premier of Kushaq. I saw this event posted on Skoda India facebook page.
It’s at 3:45PM on 18th March.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-5ff2b403742340d5b5c72d7daa938b21.jpeg  

neeraj08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 08:14   #535
BHPian

What the heck is a "Static" Premiere? Would there be a more "Dynamic" one later on?

By the workd static, I guess skoda will only show images and not allow touch and feel?

I am liking the car and waiting for it.but Skoda is pushing this phased/gradual launch a bit far. It is becoming too long in the mouth. If it's ready, SHOW it. If not, make it ready and THEN show. Don't introduce all sorts of nonsense milestones just because you can't make the car ready on time and you want to milk the initial interest.

Last edited by cuboid : 14th March 2021 at 08:18.
cuboid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 08:54   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

For all those interested in Kushaq, here is the link to the next phase of teasers: ( no price announcement to be expected here)

Quote:
We made it fun. We made it safe. We made it intelligent. We made it great. We made it KING-like!
Presenting the ŠKODA KUSHAQ.
Witness the product unveil, and much more, at the ŠKODA KUSHAQ World Static Premiere scheduled for Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 03:45 PM.

Do not miss the webcast, for it is history in the making!

Source: ŠKODA

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th March 2021 at 09:00.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 11:24   #537
BHPian

Frankly, this phased launch has become irritating. I feel they should not drag it to the point that people lose their patience and start looking for other options because of this delay.
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 12:05   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj08 View Post
Skoda is preparing for the premier of Kushaq. I saw this event posted on Skoda India facebook page.
It’s at 3:45PM on 18th March.
This new trend of ‘unveiling’ the car is really frustrating. There is too much drama before you actually get to see the car in showrooms or even TD one.

If the earlier unveiling drama by other manufacturers wasn’t enough, here Skoda has got something new; the STATIC PREMIERE.

Those earlier days were so good, when the manufacturers used to just launch the car in one go with the car being available in your showrroms along with the TD and also the price! Ohh! and no ‘intoductory price’ crap too.

This new trend is going too far.
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 12:09   #539
Senior - BHPian

Zac Hollis about what does Static Premiere mean. There could be an another event for the price reveal and media test drives before the car reaches showrooms

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-smartselect_20210314120809_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th March 2021 at 12:31.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:42   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Zac Hollis about what does Static Premiere mean. There could be an another event for the price reveal and media test drives before the car reaches showrooms

Attachment 2132414
Skoda is taking it too far with so many events, teasers etc when the car deliveries won't start before middle of this year. Trying to keep prospects interested for a long time without revealing the product and basic details could backfire.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks