Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 14:12   #466
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Probably everything looks good except for the 2 spoke steering wheel design. Many may like it but it reminds me of the old age cars. A Three-spoke might have been a better option in my opinion.

Seats are looking very comfortable as with most VAG cars. But the body colour inside. Well, I am not a fan of it but many may like it.

Also no physical buttons?

But as a total package, this car may attract a lot more potential buyers for sure.

Regardless of that, I reckon Skoda cars are lowering their plastic quality along with many other parts for the Indian market. The local taxes and pressurised cost cuts need to be blamed for. Sooner or later, the VAG cars in India will not be offered with the actual quality that it used to associate with the VAG cars selling in developed countries. Unless they are directly imported.
igemini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 15:17   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
Sooner or later, the VAG cars in India will not be offered with the actual quality that it used to associate with the VAG cars selling in developed countries. Unless they are directly imported.
They cannot give european quality at Maruti price. So we have to accept the dip in plastic quality. Hope they will not compromise on structural stability
Old 5th March 2021, 15:23   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
-- Hope they will not compromise on structural stability
The car will be NCAP tested as it enters global markets this year.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 16:09   #469
BHPian

The two spoke steering wheel looks terrible IMHO and so does the orange insert. Yes, some people would like this but hoping Skoda would keep things nice and simple and doesn't go overboard with these quirky and unnecessary design elements.
Old 5th March 2021, 19:20   #470
BHPian

I am concerned that Skoda is focusing a bit too much on the interior design aspects rather than performance or handling. I hope it does not disappoint on that front.

On pricing, I think it will start at ~18L and go up to 22L based on trim. T-Roc is priced at 20L so they will have to price it lower (unless T-Roc decides to up its price to 22L+).

On a personal note, I am not a big fan of the hatchback (pretending to be an SUV) kind of design. I have heard murmurs of the Octavia making a comeback with the same Kushaq engine. I hope that happens sooner than later.
Old 5th March 2021, 19:47   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post

On pricing, I think it will start at ~18L and go up to 22L based on trim. T-Roc is priced at 20L so they will have to price it lower (unless T-Roc decides to up its price to 22L+).
This will be priced in the Creta range. Will start around 12L for the base and will go upto 19L for top-of-the-line. (OTR Prices) BHPian yesyeswe has added a lot of information in this thread, starting from page 4. You should check that out.
udaikalra01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 19:55   #472
BHPian

Quote:
I am concerned that Skoda is focusing a bit too much on the interior design aspects rather than performance or handling. I hope it does not disappoint on that front.

On a personal note, I am not a big fan of the hatchback (pretending to be an SUV) kind of design. I have heard murmurs of the Octavia making a comeback with the same Kushaq engine. I hope that happens sooner than later.
T-ROC new batch is priced at 21.35L Ex-showroom. Noone is going to buy Kushaq if the starting price is 18L (for that matter noone is going to buy even the top trim if its priced 18L).

I expect the price range to be 9-17L with a lot of variants to chose from.
SBM3J is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 20:10   #473
Senior - BHPian

I think Skoda lifted the interior off the 2021 Russian spec New Rapid. Looks very similar in terms of layout minus infotainment assembly. This could also indicate Skoda is ready to replace the ageing Rapid in a year or two if they share parts.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-images-97.jpeg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 20:13   #474
BHPian

Quote:

On pricing, I think it will start at ~18L and go up to 22L based on trim..
Who gave you this information on Kushaq?
You are very much disconnected from Kushaq launch unless we have a place in India with RTO fees more than 50 %.

Starting price will be around 10 L ex-showroom or slightly above.
Old 5th March 2021, 21:38   #475
BHPian

[QUOTE....above.[/quote]

Wow!! 10L for Kushaq? I thought this was a 150bhp tuned engine that they are talking about with an option of the 7 speed DSG? Isn't that so? That's what I thought, at least.

If I am right about the engine specs, then how are they pricing it lower than a Rapid which is a 3-cylinder engined car?

Have I got my wires crossed here?
Old 5th March 2021, 21:41   #476
BHPian

Quote:

Wow!! 10L for Kushaq? I thought this was a 150bhp tuned engine that they are talking about with an option of the 7 speed DSG? Isn't that so? That's what I thought, at least.

If I am right about the engine specs, then how are they pricing it lower than a Rapid which is a 3-cylinder engined car?

It would be offered with 2 engine options. 1L TSI and 1.5L TSI. The lower trim level would be 10L or just less than that and the higher trim(1.5TSI+7Speed DSG) will be priced around 17-18L. T-Roc is CBU and placed above Kushaq and VW Taigun.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:44   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
....above.

It will have 2 engine options. One of them is going to be the 1 litre TSI and the other one will be the 1.5 litre TSI. The smaller engine will get a MT and a TC automatic whereas the DSG will come with the 1.5 litre engine. Since this car is primarily going to be competing in the Creta/Seltos segment I believe it will be priced accordingly with an equally long list of variants.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:47   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post

Starting price will be around 10 L ex-showroom or slightly above.
Quote:

Steadfast talking about the ex-showroom price and you are probably talking about the on-road prices. Entry level variant is likely to be available only with the 1.0, 3 cylinder engine.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:50   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Steadfast talking about the ex-showroom price and you are probably talking about the on-road prices. Entry level variant is likely to be available only with the 1.0, 3 cylinder engine.
Starting price of around 10L ex-showroom will be for 1.0 tsi doing duty in Rapid, Polo and Vento. Top model will definitely have the 1.5TsI with DSG and should be around 18L ex-showroom. The range will have combos of 1.0Tsi, MT, TC Auto, 1.5 Tsi and DSG.
Old 5th March 2021, 21:55   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Starting price of around 10L ex-showroom will be for 1.0 tsi doing duty in Rapid, Polo and Vento. Top model will definitely have the 1.5TsI with DSG and should be around 18L ex-showroom. The range will have combos of 1.0Tsi, MT, TC Auto, 1.5 Tsi and DSG.
Almost there, but 1.5TSI will come also in MT guise apart from the DSG as you have specified.

VW Taigun could have fewer variants though.

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th March 2021 at 22:00.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks