Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 13:47   #316
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
According to my source 1.0 tsi variant is ready, they are working on the software of the 1.5 tsi variant, that's why the reviewers weren't that impressed with the performance of the 1.5 tsi, it's still being worked upon.
Can you please request your source for some information on Taigun as well ? What is the status. There is absolutely no news on Taigun on ground apart from marketing campaigns.
Old 28th January 2021, 15:29   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Can you please request your source for some information on Taigun as well ? What is the status. There is absolutely no news on Taigun on ground apart from marketing campaigns.
Unfortunately my source doesn't have much information either, it's going to be launched after kushaq, it's going to have less variants as compared to kushaq and the entry model is going to be cheaper, kushaq will be around 10.5 lakhs ex showroom, Taigun will be around 9.99 lakhs ex showroom.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:14   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately my source doesn't have much information either, it's going to be launched after kushaq, it's going to have less variants as compared to kushaq and the entry model is going to be cheaper, kushaq will be around 10.5 lakhs ex showroom, Taigun will be around 9.99 lakhs ex showroom.
This Taigun seems more to be a mystery.
Old 28th January 2021, 16:29   #319
BHPian

Quote:
This Taigun seems more to be a mystery.
Most of the features, engine and Gearbox combinations are going to shared with the Kushaq, it was showcased as well during auto expo , some details i have told you as well, what more information are you looking for?
Old 28th January 2021, 16:49   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Well at 10.5L Kushaq isn't going to be as attractive for the kind of volumes Skoda is looking for. What's the point of calling the journos etc, when most of them recommended undercutting Koreans to be successful (many even commented 9L as the sweet spot for base variant)
Old 28th January 2021, 16:56   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the features, engine and Gearbox combinations are going to shared with the Kushaq, it was showcased as well during auto expo , some details i have told you as well, what more information are you looking for?
Thank You very much for the information on the car. I am one of the few who have put off the planned purchase of Seltos based on your reveals of the Kushaq. A few minor questions:

1.) Any idea about the ICE on the top end? Would they try to match Seltos Bose setup?
2.) Would you know if it has a cooled glovebox?
3.) 12V Socket in the trunk ( I have seen some overseas Skoda's having it.)

You should charge Skoda a marketing fee considering how many vehicles they are going to sell with your support
devakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:09   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
I couldn't help but notice the front overhang in the different video reviews. It wasn't the case with Vision IN. Maybe all this is done to release more space within the cabin.
Now I would imagine that in order to put in a heavier engine (1.5 TSI) they would want the front overhang to be greater than initially planned. Making it longer would push the engine a little further away from the front wheels.

Having said that post the media drive the feedback was that the 1.5 was pitching much more than the 1.0. I don't see any other way of compensating it apart from tuning the suspension. What impact that might have on overall driving and comfort dynamics as well as the price, is anyone's guess.
Old 28th January 2021, 19:56   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
Well at 10.5L Kushaq isn't going to be as attractive for the kind of volumes Skoda is looking for. What's the point of calling the journos etc, when most of them recommended undercutting Koreans to be successful (many even commented 9L as the sweet spot for base variant)
Well it would have been a very nice deal if they would have undercut the Koreans, but remember skoda doesn't undercut any corners on safety, build quality and the components that they use are of good quality as well.

From base variant kushaq is going to provide a whole lot of features, that all costs money. The fact that they would match the price is good enough according to me. It is brand new platform and a brand new car, that involves a lot of money man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Thank You very much for the information on the car. I am one of the few who have put off the planned purchase of Seltos based on your reveals of the Kushaq. A few minor questions:
The base variant is going to have a 7 inch ICE with 4 speakers, sound quality is good. The top variant is having a 10 inch unit with a subwoofer and a really good sound setup. Coming to Bose unit in Koreans, according to everyone it just has the name Bose and doesn't have the actual Bose quality, marketing gimmick. So sound quality is sorted. Skoda uses JBL speakers but doesn't mention this detail somehow.

It has a cooled glove box, Ventilated seats and whole lot of features that the competition offers, you should check this thread from page 3, i have mentioned so many details.

I don't know about the 12 volt socket in the trunk.
I am just trying to help everyone who's looking to make a car purchase, safety should be the first priority of everyone, and skoda makes safe cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Having said that post the media drive the feedback was that the 1.5 was pitching much more than the 1.0. I don't see any other way of compensating it apart from tuning the suspension. What impact that might have on overall driving and comfort dynamics as well as the price, is anyone's guess.
The variant with the 1.5 tsi is under testing, including the software and other components, that's why the reviewers observed that, i am sure the final product would be perfect and ride perfectly like other skoda and volkswagen cars.

There's no change with respect to price, will start at 10.5 lakhs and top of the line variant with 1.5 tsi and DSG gearbox would cost around 16.5 lakhs.
yesyeswe is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 20:12   #324
BANNED

Quote:
Skoda uses JBL speakers but doesn't mention this detail somehow.
Does this apply to Rapid TSI also? I have Pioneer headunit, Rainbow 6.5 inch DL components on all four doors and Rainbow 12 inch subwoofer in my 4th gen Honda City. Bought a new Rapid TSI last month and found the stock speakers having pretty good clarity although not in the league of Rainbows. But the stock speakers are much better when compared to the stock ones I had in my Honda City.
Old 28th January 2021, 20:14   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Timeline to buy. Praying that by June Taigun should be on road. In a very tricky situation at my end. Waiting for it and my car is already exhausting 10 years NGT timeline and I have to get a car before my car is replaced. Praying Taigun arrives before that or else the whole wait, patience and monetary loss in value of my car are sacrifices in vain.

Last edited by steadfast : 28th January 2021 at 20:15.
Old 28th January 2021, 20:44   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Does this apply to Rapid TSI also? I have Pioneer headunit, Rainbow 6.5 inch DL components on all four doors and Rainbow 12 inch subwoofer in my 4th gen Honda City. Bought a new Rapid TSI last month and found the stock speakers having pretty good clarity although not in the league of Rainbows. But the stock speakers are much better when compared to the stock ones I had in my Honda City.
Well according to my source it applies to all volkswagen group cars, last year when my friend bought a top variant Honda amaze, i observed that too, my 6 year old polo sounded better than his brand new car.

Quote:
Timeline to buy. Praying that by June Taigun should be on road. In a very tricky situation at my end. Waiting for it and my car is already exhausting 10 years NGT timeline and I have to get a car before my car is replaced.
By June-July kushaq would launch not Taigun, Taigun would be launching after that, you are in tough situation but a car is a one time purchase so make that decision smartly. There are some other good cars in the market too, but try to hold on to your purchase till the launch so that you don't regret later.
Old 28th January 2021, 21:19   #327
BHPian

Quote:

By June-July kushaq would launch not Taigun, Taigun would be launching after that, you are in tough situation but a car is a one time purchase so make that decision smartly. There are some other good cars in the market too, but try to hold on to your purchase till the launch so that you don't regret later.
If anytime you come to know of an exact or approximate timeline of Taigun please let me know. Will be very helpful.
Old 28th January 2021, 21:58   #328
BHPian

Quote:
If anytime you come to know of an exact or approximate timeline of Taigun please let me know. Will be very helpful.
I'll see what i can find, there's a lot going on with skoda currently, they are testing rapid cng, kodiaq might come with the 2.0 TDI engine, octavia will be launching as well. A good year for us enthusiasts.

New info: The Taigun would launch after 3-4 months of kushaq's launch, my guess is during the festival time, dipawali.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 28th January 2021 at 22:06. Reason: More information
Old 28th January 2021, 22:10   #329
BHPian

Quote:
I'll see what i can find, there's a lot going on with skoda currently, they are testing rapid cng, kodiaq might come with the 2.0 TDI engine, octavia will be launching as well. A good year for us enthusiasts.

New info: The Taigun would launch after 3-4 months of kushaq's launch, my guess is during the festival time, dipawali.

Hi,

do you know of any timeline for Kodiaq'a launch? and will it be both petrol and diesel? So far, heard that kodiaq will be launched with 2.0L TSI petrol engine. Did not know that VW/Skoda have a 2.0TDI (BS6) compliant.

Thnx much in advance
Old 28th January 2021, 22:32   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Hi,

do you know of any timeline for Kodiaq'a launch? and will it be both petrol and diesel? So far, heard that kodiaq will be launched with 2.0L TSI petrol engine. Did not know that VW/Skoda have a 2.0TDI (BS6) compliant.

Thnx much in advance
The timeline is pretty packed up, the most important product is kushaq, so all the energy and resources are put into it, then they would be launching the octavia, and finally kodiaq, exact month isn't planned as a lot can change till then.

They are considering the diesel engine currently due to the efficiency of diesel engine being better than petrol engine and the response the company had for the diesel engine. If the business model looks sustainable they might bring in the diesel. But it hasn't been ruled out, that is for sure.
yesyeswe is online now   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks