Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:23   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Are you talking about skoda or audi,if skoda was not bothered how come they too jumped into the small car bandwagon.

Why can't the same logic be applied in the case of the fabia as well.

The honda civic sells more than the octavia plus the laura,its not that the skoda engine is the pinnacle of technology.You are also forgetting there are a number of people who like the fact that there is a maruti service centre in almost every city you can think off.

Not to undermine the fabia,personally I love the car and prefer it over the swift but does not mean Maruti is catering to customers from another planet.
hey, even i prefer fabia over swift, but what i was trying to explain was that fabia is going to be positioned above swift or getz. it would dirctly compete with grande punto.

dude, skoda is considered a premium car maker in india and audi is considered a luxury car maker. company coming out with a small car doesnt mean it isnt still a premium car maker, it is a premium car therefore it is priced higher than swift or getz.

dude even audi has a small car, A3, volkswagon also has a small car, golf.

dude i was talking about sales of octavia before civic had come out and i know maruti has a lot of service centers, as i earlier said all the car makers have less number of service centers compared to maruti, but this hasnt stopped people from buying other car brands. as i said its not competing with swift, due to its high price. it would be for people who want a well built car with snob value of a premium brand(skoda considered premium in india). i have cleared my point again and again, when people can buy s skoda laura for 17 lacs then they would definitely buy this car for around 7 lacs.

hey, BUSA....when we talk about sportiness, power and handling, we dont consider space and comfort. when people buy sports car, what they think about is its power and handling, not about how spacious it is and how comfortable it is. i know these are not sports cars, but both are considered to be sporty in india, whereas srv only looks sporty but doesnt perform like one. dude the link to the thread you posted"srv driven" most of the people have said it "SRV sucks".
and about fabia, lets not compete it with swift, lets wait for the grande punto....right???

hey,, guys lets stop competing SRV or swift or fabia. as SRV is non-existent and swift belongs to a segment below due to its price and size. the right comparison would be Skoda Fabia vs Grande Punto.??

the best thing about swift zxi, i think it is the best VFM car in india due to its good performance, features and low cost of maintenance.

Not from the Team-BHP support staff: Please make a lengthy post instead of breaking down into several short continuous posts.

Last edited by DCEite : 2nd August 2007 at 22:39. Reason: Merging posts
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:32   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey,, guys lets stop competing SRV or swift or fabia. as SRV is non-existent and swift belongs to a segment below due to its price and size. the right comparison would be Skoda Fabia vs Grande Punto.??

ah sanchits i think you should consider SRV aswell,cause end of the day if there is anybody who choses for SRV it is going to be instead of fabia or punto (i dont know if that will ever happen)but SRV still deserves to be in the same group,afterall it is the optra chassis,and if optra is worth 7-8,why not SRV?
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:48   #168
BANNED

hey amatmo, i agree SRV is a good car due its optra platform, but for a price of over 7 lacs, its interiors are cheap and flimsy, it doesnt offer much in terms of interiors,engine and equipment levels. the only plus points are its space and comfort due its soft suspension. optra offered lots in addition to its size and comfort. it doesnt look as good as other premium hatches from the front, its backside is really good though. chevy would have to bring its price down and add some safety/luxury features to it.

if it would have been as good as optra, people would have bought it. optra used to sell pretty well. i used to see them on roads every now and then but i hardly see any SRV on roads of NCR.

if chevy re-launches srv with better quality interiors and high equipment levels, it would prove to be a big hit due its sheer size and comfort even for its 7.5 lacs price tag.

Last edited by DCEite : 2nd August 2007 at 22:34. Reason: Merging posts
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:18   #169
Team-BHP Support

@sanchits: Please do not make so many continous posts with the essentially the same point. Am not being a pseudo-mod, but its bugging going through 7 posts in a page and realising that its all the same thing.

And, i partly agree with what you say about the SRV. But i think what it needs is the TCDi engine (of the Magnum) without any more increase in price.
Old 2nd August 2007, 22:27   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when we talk about sportiness, power and handling, we dont consider space and comfort
How may indians buy cars for power and handling, not even 1%, its all for comfort and space and thats the reason why a Indigo outsells all the cars in its class and a NHC too.

Quote:
its interiors are cheap and flimsy
SRV's interiors are no way flimsy.

i agree with crazy rider - please post in one post rather then posting 10 posts in a matter of 20 seconds, please use the edit button. The reason why SRV didnot sells cause Indians are obessed with a boot.

P.S Do you work for Skoda, you keep saying premium brand premium brand, we got the point dude
Old 3rd August 2007, 02:01   #171
BANNED

dude...have u seen SRV's interiors,they suck..if indians were soo obessed with a boot, they wouldnt have bought swift zxi's or diesels which cost more than 5/5.5 lacs. swift has the smallest boot, even then people bought it and is still selling like crazy. dude SRV doesnt sell because it sucks at 7.5 lacs, it does sucks, it could have been way better,the space or comfort doesnt make the car top notch. it should behave like a 7.5 lacs car. and dude, i say skoda is a premium brand cause it is, to remind you all why fabia is priced higher than swift,thats all. dude...just wait for hot hatches like fabia and grande punto or bravo. these cars would even sell for 7 lacs but not SRV, with a diesel engine it might, without it its just a peice of metal on a loong wheelbase and trying to be as good as optra( i know its based on optra's platform) which it aint. the space and comfort are not the only attributes of a car. its engine,safety and luxury features should be good to for a 7 lac car. this is the reason the SX4 is selling at this price cause its giving top notch safety and luxury features even though its not as spacious or comfortable as SRV. dude, stop saying again and again that its a spacious and comfortable, these are important but not the most important features.
swift's rear legroom is even worce than a indica, its boot is the smallest in its class,smaller than an alto. its ride quality over bumps/bad roads suck too, but it still sells like crazy only because of its handling,looks,service,features like abs, airbags(vxi,zxi,ldi,vdi sell well) even a swift ldi,lxi sells well, even ldi doesnt have any bells and whistles, because of there engine and good handling. therefore SRV doesnt even have a great engine to bank upon. so you should stop talking about its space and comfort. octavia sold well because of its engine,built quality and ride, its rear legroom or space sucked for car priced at 11 lacs upwards. therefore fabia would sell well due to its built quality,good diesel engine,great interiors, safety/luxury features. dude dont put space and comfort on the top, there are plenty other things which do come first even for indians.

dude, talk about srv if you have anyother thing to say about it, rather than its space and comfort or super soft suspension. dude, let me tell you one more thing..chevy is marketing SRV as a sporty hatch, it should have a stiffer suspension to compliment its handling not a soft suspension like a sedan. dude i talk about fabia or swift because i have 10 other good points to support these cars.

dude..another example for you..honda civic sells well due to its looks,engine,features. but one of its main reason is its handling, it handles brilliantly due to its stiffer suspension when compared to other d segment cars. honda civic doesnt ride well when at low speeds over bad roads or bumps. i have driven it and you can read this statement on almost every website or on the road tests done by auto experts. so you see its all about engine and handling. dude...if you wanna disagree to all this, thts your wish...but the sales would prove my point.

dude,,heres the raod test link of SRV done by autocar india, check it out, what they want to say about its interiors,handling,engine,gerabox,steering. they are praises for its ride quality and space but evrythins else Sucks...link - :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd August 2007 at 10:39. Reason: Please dont make short continuous posts.
sanchits is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:48   #172
BHPian

Is this the fabia spy section or have entered a place SRV...
Really confusing....Somebody help me out here.
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:52   #173
Team-BHP Support

Sanchits: Leaving all the discussions about SRV and Civic, and taking all the points you mentioned on the fabia-

For the Fabia to sell well, it should have good engine/road manners/features for the price, right?

We don't know about the engine configurations that will be offered, but going by whats on offer in other markets it doesn't seem too good either. Same applies for handling and road manners, which could be revealed only after a TD. Coming to features, the Fabia doesn't seem to have long features list, however its build quality would likely be the best in class.

Now, as for Skoda being a premium brand, its not always positives. Many people do have the feeling that Skoda's are expensive to maintain. A guy spending 7L on a car won't think of spending that much amounts for service (fr synthetic oils and likes).

It will be interesting to see if Skoda can strike the right balance.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:09   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Is this the fabia spy section or have entered a place SRV...
Really confusing....Somebody help me out here.
shady, you have just stumbled upon the 'hey dude, if only i could give you 101 reasons to hate the SRV' thread!
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:19   #175
Senior - BHPian

I think Fabia is becoming pretty common now a days.. even i managed to see one zipping on mysore road last saturday(i was touching 100) and it just went out of my sight.... nice power i guess.. and i think i saw a Diesel version as i somehow remember seeing something like Tdi or Tdci ...or something.. didnt bother to see much..

It was a black one and had the skoda logo covered with a tape.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:25   #176
Senior - BHPian

IUt must have TDi written as TDCi is patent by Ford for their diesel engines.

I guess people seeing so many Fabia's on the road, have Skoda softly launched it for only Skoda owners?
Old 16th August 2007, 22:06   #177
Senior - BHPian

Had visited JMD Skoda today (why? is on another thread). Casually asked "Fabia kab aa rahi hai ? And a very prompt answer - October launch Sir. I asked him if he was sure and he said Yes Sir , 100 %. Approx 8 L OTR will be the fully loaded version, ABS/Airbags et all. And the base should be 7L OTR.

I asked - Did he seriously think that the car would sell at that price ? And aa confident yes was the answer. I walked out - smiling.

ps- have asked the Service Advisor to find out about getting a remap from Skoda itself for the RS ! Will keep you guys posted on that.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Had visited JMD Skoda today (why? is on another thread). Casually asked "Fabia kab aa rahi hai ? And a very prompt answer - October launch Sir. I asked him if he was sure and he said Yes Sir , 100 %. Approx 8 L OTR will be the fully loaded version, ABS/Airbags et all. And the base should be 7L OTR.

I asked - Did he seriously think that the car would sell at that price ? And aa confident yes was the answer. I walked out - smiling.

ps- have asked the Service Advisor to find out about getting a remap from Skoda itself for the RS ! Will keep you guys posted on that.
i got a similar answer from the skoda people here in delhi. october launch but i have my doubts. wonder if the car is as sturdy as the octavia or the lauren.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:25   #179
Senior - BHPian

why is the thread titled "Spotted Skoda Fabia pix" ?
Old 17th August 2007, 13:12   #180
BHPian

May be it should be changed to "Fabia launch in Oct"
Mods could you do the needful?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks