Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2007, 09:02   #211
BHPian

Hi Guys, Since the car is almost near launch i checked out the car in the UK website. The car looks cool. I checked out the price for the Fabia 3 1.4TD PD 80BHP it comes around 8lakhs after coversion before tax and stuff. Thats the fully loaded but i compared the car pictures taken by tushky and UK website. Looks like Tushky Pictures show the top of the line. Looks like skoda have taken out a lot of stuff.
Stuff which are missed in Indian Version are:
1. Audio System
2. Rear Disc Brakes
3. 16" Alloys
4. Cruise Control ( Surely will miss it )
5. Curtain AirBags
6. Climatronic Air Control
7. Sun Roof
8. Maxi Dot Computer
9. ESP

All these are a miss
But i did notice that skoda will be giving two interior qualities because they have both ivory and onxy dash...
Tushky's pictures shows us the ivory dash and seat covers.
I guess this will be cool.
So any news on when will skoda launch the car in India.
Old 25th August 2007, 10:29   #212
HSV
BHPian

That'd be a shame if what you say is true! Bl**dy cheapos will yet again give us a stripped down version and obnoxiously call it a "Premium Hatch"!

Whats so premium about it if it doesnt have the below mentioned features left in it??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Hi Guys, Since the car is almost near launch i checked out the car in the UK website. The car looks cool. I checked out the price for the Fabia 3 1.4TD PD 80BHP it comes around 8lakhs after coversion before tax and stuff. Thats the fully loaded but i compared the car pictures taken by tushky and UK website. Looks like Tushky Pictures show the top of the line. Looks like skoda have taken out a lot of stuff.
Stuff which are missed in Indian Version are:
1. Audio System
2. Rear Disc Brakes
3. 16" Alloys
4. Cruise Control ( Surely will miss it )
5. Curtain AirBags
6. Climatronic Air Control
7. Sun Roof
8. Maxi Dot Computer
9. ESP

All these are a miss
But i did notice that skoda will be giving two interior qualities because they have both ivory and onxy dash...
Tushky's pictures shows us the ivory dash and seat covers.
I guess this will be cool.
So any news on when will skoda launch the car in India.
Old 25th August 2007, 11:26   #213
BHPian

As far as what skoda are trying to do is they want it to cost only around 6lakhs on road to compete against swift and getz. So i think its good. But they should keep the rest of the features as optional so that the people who want them all can have them. You cant really have all those features and qoute 6lakhs. If they do keep it at 7lakhs i guess it will not sell really well.
I havent seen a single fusion D so far on road. It costs around 6.5lakhs. Very Bad sales.

I heard skoda removed anti roll bars ( ACI ) keep it in competition with swift.
I guess Indians dont need it..Bad move but lets see the price. Thats what counts....
Old 27th August 2007, 14:09   #214
Senior - BHPian

Spotted 2 Fabias !! Blue one (I had seen this many times, also there is a video ) and a black one. Black one looked like it had been abused badly.
Old 27th August 2007, 15:43   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

It is very disappointing that they will remove stuff to make it cheaper.

There is the stuff you see in the specs, but also the stuff in the finishing that is not obvious. Will they give fewer coats of paint?
Old 27th August 2007, 16:45   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
What are the chances of an AT version?
ZILCH.
zero i mean.

with the PD, the clutch will be DSG and a DSG will make the pricing go CRAZY anways we guys are debating about will the Fabia sell at 6.5 / 7, with a DSG. . put another lac in . .. so 8 for a hatchback. bad idea.

cheers,
jay
Old 27th August 2007, 17:23   #217
Senior - BHPian

It might not be a day too soon for Fabia to be launched in India. Before the company and our auto press starts the hype about it being a `best seller, etc, best, etc', I would like to post some figures on its sales in Europe.

After a decent run, Fabia and Skoda sales are now declining in Skoda's biggest market, which is Europe. Fabia sold 213515 units in 2006, as compared with 207924 in 2005. However, Fabia and Octavia sales have declined in 2007 as shown below for 5 months January-May 2007 (figures in brackets are for Jan-May 2006):

Fabia 88313 (95721)
Octavia 89178 (91572)
Superb 6824 (6689)
Roomster 25414 (444)
Others 11 (13)
Total European sales for Jan-May 2007 were 7082965.

Other European sales of cars also in India:
Matiz 27889 (31254)
Kalos/Aveo 24717 (27655)
Accent 15510 (16948)
Atos/Santro 19441 (17442)
Getz 34272 (45553)
Logan 67437 (62247)
Alto 27 (5437)
Swift 51958 (41873)
SX4 19754 (4725)
Vitara/Grand/XL7 26170 (29649)
Wagon R 1489 (3098)
Old 27th August 2007, 21:35   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
ZILCH.
zero i mean.

with the PD, the clutch will be DSG and a DSG will make the pricing go CRAZY anways we guys are debating about will the Fabia sell at 6.5 / 7, with a DSG. . put another lac in . .. so 8 for a hatchback. bad idea.

cheers,
jay
8l for a hatchback with Skoda solidity, FE engine and DSG is a bad idea? I think not but then thats just me
Old 27th August 2007, 22:20   #219
BHPian

DSG will not make it here.. If its going to be DSG then the price will be very high..
Skoda has to keep it in mind not only Swift, Getz and UV-A but even the soon to be launched Punto so there logical route is the cheaper route. I think the Fabia D will cost close to 6Lakhs on road. Anything more than that it will not sell, it will fall just like the fusion. So lets see, its going to be launched in a months time so lets wait and see.

Last edited by shadyrulez : 27th August 2007 at 22:22.
Old 13th September 2007, 11:12   #220
BHPian

Fabia will be launched in January 2008 and will be in range of Rs 5-7 Lakhs, saw a news ticker on CNBC yesterday night.
Old 13th September 2007, 19:13   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Fabia will be launched in January 2008 and will be in range of Rs 5-7 Lakhs, saw a news ticker on CNBC yesterday night.

I have been waiting for this fabia release for an year now.. Hopefully this time they won't postpone the release from january...
Old 13th September 2007, 19:49   #222
BHPian

Has some one seen the pictures of the new Skoda Fabia Sedan? Even at international levels only the hatch version pictures are available! Why is Skoda so slowwwwwwww! They dont even follow a plan! Foolish Skoda!
Old 20th November 2007, 05:37   #223
BHPian

Fabia will be on display from Dec 15

I had my uncle contact the Skoda Dealership just a week ago regarding the Fabia Launch. I had to ask my uncle because he owns Skoda Octavia and he knows somebody at the dealership may be from taking the car for servicing.

The guy my uncle knows at the dealership told him the Fabia will be on display in the show room starting Dec 15th of this year but will be available for order only in Jan and Feb time frame.

He told him the approximate price (again approximate) of the car will be in the range of 6 Lacs to 8 Lacs with a 1 Lac difference in price between the Petrol and Diesel variants.

I also sent an email to Skoda PR and here is what the response I got from them. I also see the similar post some where else where they got the exact same reply as I did. I guess it is a cookie cutter response that everyone gets. This email also says end of this year. I guess we don't we don't have to wait till Jan 8th for the expo to take a peek at this car.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Dear XXXXXX,[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Thank you for showing interest in the new Fabia. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]As per our plans the new Fabia hatch – based on a new platform, with new engines, with more space and comfort, and renowned Škoda's detail-to-quality – will be launched towards the end of 2007. The car will be highly specified and will bear the same design and engineering hallmark as its European counterpart. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]We are yet working on certain aspects of this new project, and thus final dates and price of the new Fabia are to be confirmed. Nevertheless, expect the new Fabia to be priced competitively, and built to standards that customers have come to expect from Škoda cars. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Kindly appreciate that I can not divulge any specific information. I shall keep you informed when we go ahead with the launch of new Fabia.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]For detail information on the new Fabia hatch, please visit Ĺ*koda Auto - Homepage . [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hope that you will join our family of Škoda customers.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Regards,[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Farzan [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]| Product Marketing
ŠkodaAuto India [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]mail: Plot No. A-1/1, Five Star Industrial Area | Shendra, Aurangabad 431201 | India
call: +91 240 6631240 | fax: +91 240 6631299
e-mail: [COLOR=green][COLOR=green]farzan.sarbhanwala@skoda-auto.co.in[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 20th November 2007, 11:41   #224
tez
BHPian

IMO at 6-8 lacs, it is still costly compared to swift. The diesel version will be around 7 upwards. The maintenance of skoda is also costlier than maruti.
Old 20th November 2007, 15:18   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Dear XXXXXX,[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Thank you for showing interest in the new Fabia. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]As per our plans the new Fabia hatch – based on a new platform, with new engines, with more space and comfort, and renowned Škoda's detail-to-quality – will be launched towards the end of 2007. The car will be highly specified and will bear the same design and engineering hallmark as its European counterpart. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]We are yet working on certain aspects of this new project, and thus final dates and price of the new Fabia are to be confirmed. Nevertheless, expect the new Fabia to be priced competitively, and built to standards that customers have come to expect from Škoda cars. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Kindly appreciate that I can not divulge any specific information. I shall keep you informed when we go ahead with the launch of new Fabia.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]For detail information on the new Fabia hatch, please visit Ĺ*koda Auto - Homepage . [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hope that you will join our family of Škoda customers.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Regards,[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Farzan [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]| Product Marketing
ŠkodaAuto India [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]mail: Plot No. A-1/1, Five Star Industrial Area | Shendra, Aurangabad 431201 | India
e-mail: [COLOR=green][COLOR=green]farzan.sarbhanwala@skoda-auto.co.in[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

THE ABOVE LANGUAGE READS ...........

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for showing interest in the new Fabia.

As per our plans the new Fabia hatch – based on a new platform, with new engines, with more space and comfort, and renowned Škoda's detail-to-quality – will be launched towards the end of 2007. The car will be highly specified and will bear the same design and engineering hallmark as its European counterpart.

We are yet working on certain aspects of this new project, and thus final dates and price of the new Fabia are to be confirmed. Nevertheless, expect the new Fabia to be priced competitively, and built to standards that customers have come to expect from Škoda cars.

Kindly appreciate that I can not divulge any specific information. I shall keep you informed when we go ahead with the launch of new Fabia.

For detail information on the new Fabia hatch, please visit Ĺ*koda Auto - Homepage .

Hope that you will join our family of Škoda customers.
Regards,
Farzan | Product Marketing
ŠkodaAuto India
mail: Plot No. A-1/1, Five Star Industrial Area | Shendra, Aurangabad 431201 | India
e-mail: farzan.sarbhanwala@skoda-auto.co.in

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks