Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 13:42   #151
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled

I am hoping its a result of the horrible lighting but the interiors look utterly tacky and cheap in every picture. In terms of the under the hood specs, i am very much looking at the Slavia/Virtus for my next car after the Jetta and not sure i want to spend an extra 10 large ones on the octavia just for the stylish interiors.
RoadTrippin is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 13:42   #152
BHPian

Loving the looks of this car.. suddenly something a segment below my consideration is in my short list now !
I am a Škoda owner so this appears fresher to my eyes than Slavia.
Exhuberance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 13:54   #153
BHPian

Slavia vs Virtus - Looks-wise, there is no clear winner. I like the front look of both, I am sure the side profile is 99.99% the same. And the rear end of Virtus looks better (for me) compared to Slavia's. The alloy design of Slavia looks better than Virtus'. So all in all, there is no clear winner. Of course, the bad looks/good looks are also not worlds apart. So looks not a deal-breaker.

Now, coming to the VAG DNA, the Virtus is another huge letdown (even though expected). Performance, Build Quality, and Driving Dynamics, which are the true DNA VAG India are no more felt in these newer cars.

I don't see any reason to price it aggressively compared to Slavia. So will Slavia/Virtus, Kushaq/Taigun succeed and make money or not, only time will tell.
Old 8th March 2022, 13:55   #154
BHPian

Loving the looks - definitely looks more premium and classy than the Slavia on pics and video. Hoping the real world feel matches up to what we are seeing on stage and under lights. The yellow especially stands out on photos.

Any chance that the GT will be tuned for enthusiasts - a slight lower and stiffer suspension than the Slavia along with a solid under body protection.
ACe_10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:01   #155
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
I am hoping its a result of the horrible lighting but the interiors look utterly tacky and cheap in every picture. In terms of the under the hood specs, i am very much looking at the Slavia/Virtus for my next car after the Jetta and not sure i want to spend an extra 10 large ones on the octavia just for the stylish interiors.
In the very same boat, please update when you pick a side :'-)
Old 8th March 2022, 14:11   #156
BHPian

The door handles could have been dark shade like Slavia (as they were in Vento too), they are going to get dirty real soon.
Old 8th March 2022, 14:36   #157
BHPian

From pictures, it seems the GT Variant gets all black leather seats while the 1.0L gets dual tone leather (similar to Slavia)?. This dual tone did not feel premium and made cabin feel less roomy. I wish they would have given option of all beige interior.

Looks wise, I find it classy and better than Slavia from exterior.

Last edited by neel911 : 8th March 2022 at 14:37.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:53   #158
BHPian

Virtus looks a lot like jetta (which was a beautiful car!). I am glad VW is continuing with its simple elegant design language. I definitely like the exterior design better than Slavia.
speedracer05 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:54   #159
Team-BHP Support

The car looks good but this is a huge PR blunder. Whoever did the stage lighting with purple light on red car and no light on the grey car should be fired.

It has made the the entire media coverage of the car meaningless as the pics are completely useless in showing the car in all it's glory.

What was VW thinking for a world premiere media event?
Vid6639 is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:13   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
For me personally looks are not the only thing , as long as VW has not compromised on it's core values and has priced it decently well
Except the engines, the VAG India strategy was a shift towards the diluted make to increase the margins. Expect all sorts of compromises and even higher prices (input cost inflation gonna strike India real hard for years to come).
Old 8th March 2022, 15:28   #161

Wow ! The Virtus looks much better compared to the Slavia. The dashboard looks more premium and well laid-out compared to the Slavia, which has a boring Beige and Black interior (yeah the Virtus also has this but the design on the Virtus along with the red theme and rectangular AC vents on the side looks a lot better IMHO ). Also, there is no cardboard like center line and the three spoke steering wheel looks more complete.

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-20220308_120952.jpg

This red color brake caliper looks stunning, but unsure whether it could make it to the production car.
real_koolkrish is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:07   #162
Senior - BHPian

Let me stick my head out and say that the GT version should get either full black interiors with red inserts or the beige interiors with the the silver inserts.

Beige and red seems like an after thought.

Otherwise, I actually feel the GT wheels looks better (cause I hate diamond cut alloys) although the carbon steel colour suits the car far better which, along with some nice silver colour wheels, will look like a million bucks in my eyes.

Can't say a word about the interior quality at this stage. The black lights have ruined the pictures honestly.
Old 8th March 2022, 16:08   #163
BHPian

I personally like the design, especially the GT variant with the smoked lamps. Though it is Vento's successor, definitely looks big enough to be considered Jetta's replacement. But absolutely hate the Alloys, design looks like a lazy afterthought.
Old 8th March 2022, 16:32   #164

Wow ! I always did find the Slavia kind of weird looking with that raised rear and the huge ground clearance (for a sedan, atleast).
I thought the Virtus would be more or less the same (maybe even worse, to be honest...considering how the kushaq looked better than the taigun), but boy was I wrong !

The Virtus looks absolutely stunning in the GT variant and is easily one of the best looking sedans in the Indian Market. And if I had to rank the mid-size sedans by looks, this is how the list would go (best to worst) -

Volkswagen Virtus (GT)
Hyundai Verna 1.0 Turbo DCT
Honda City
Skoda Slavia
MS Ciaz
du5t3r_tur30 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:41   #165

I like the design more than I did on the Taigun. It looks simplistic, elegant and screams VW. The headlight assembly seems somewhat weird. Not sure if that's for the high beam or indicator, but it looks like its stuck on and not part of the original design.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks