Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 16:54   #166
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled

The Virtus, especially the GT in red looks HOT! Super refreshing to see in a sea of crossovers and SUVs. Sedans are back in vogue . Is it only me or does the ride height look lower than the Slavia?

Will reserve my opinion on the cabin until better pictures emerge, but I will say this - what on Earth was VW thinking with the weird lighting? Why are the lights so dim? Makes it so difficult to get a good look at the car, the images look dull and the interior looks more low-rent than it is!

Last edited by Aaron:) : 8th March 2022 at 16:55.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:57   #167
Senior - BHPian

This is a design that will look far better even when it ages say 6-7 years down the line vis-a-vis Slavia. I think this is one car that will sway me towards sedans over CSUVs.
amol4184 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:01   #168
BHPian

Dang ! The GT looks sharp as a tack and the seats look very classy. If I were buying in this segment, the GT in candy white would be my pick over the Slavia. If only they put in half as much interest in their Tiguan which IMHO looks a bit meh for the asking price...
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 17:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

One of those rare occasions where I prefer the exterior design of the Skoda over the VW.

Maybe due to my preset frame of a VW sedan doesn't accomodate that high rear or maybe its those dark alloys but I prefer the Slavia's styling over this.
Or maybe I have frozen in 2015

Looks promising though, hope the issues are sorted from the Kushaq.
Old 8th March 2022, 17:33   #170
Senior - BHPian

Looks a lot like the Jetta!; Just wish they had proper dual barrel HL. Definitely looks a lot elegant than Slavia, esp from the rear. Somehow the all black alloys gives a feeling that the tires are a size smaller for the car's size.
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:02   #171

As this would be replacing Vento, i feel the design is definitely more dynamic compared to Vento. The side view gives very inspiring and really worth a typical sedan. Is this the best design upgrade and most revolutionary, may be not. But then Vento and polo retained decent sales only for there driving pleasure. Interiors are directly transitioned from Taigun, similar to Slavia and Kushaq. If the actual price for this is a 1L-2L below current Taigun and competes with City and Verna, then its really a great deal. Ideally like Taigun it would be positioned just around Slavia so the new VAG Sedan twins should be a good option for the low rider options.
tanmay2612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:03   #172
BHPian

The rear looks damn good, better than the Slavia. But the front is just same old, too Polo/Vento-esque.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

One of the best side profiles in a sedan after a long time. Wish they had a better alloy design.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-smartselect_20220308133301_facebook.jpg  

poloman is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:05   #174
BHPian

Oh man, what a looker. Totally falling in love with the blue, red and yellow shades. Finally a good looking sedan to upgrade from vento/rapid. If this was launched 6 months ago, I would’ve definitely picked this instead of my Sonet. The red reminds me of the Rapid Monte Carlo edition which was so tempting to look at. Hope it lands somewhere around 18 on road for the GT variant.

Last edited by speedfreak01 : 8th March 2022 at 18:07.
speedfreak01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Easily the best looking sedan in that segment, better than Slavia too. Those side profiles are drool worthy. The sedan space is getting interesting and personally for the looks alone would have done for Virtus GT. Guess someone looking for performance below 25 lakhs can decide between this and Slavia 1.5.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:25   #176
BHPian

This car looks stunning & reminds me a lot of Jetta, hope VW prices it sensibly & sorts out any niggles that Taigun & Kushaq had.

P.S. I also wish VW provides a reverse camera as standard fitment in base trim as well considering how long this car is.
Old 8th March 2022, 18:27   #177
BHPian

The car looks delicious in GT line red! Definitely looked better in pics than Slavia. Would like to check it out in the showroom! Interesting choices from VW/ Škoda!
The only downside I feel is the width, it’s not comfortable for 3rd person in the rear.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:50   #178
BHPian

My pick any day would be the Rising Blue Metallic Virtus in GT trim, over any other sedan in the segment under 20L, and one of the major reason is just the looks. The color and the car looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E. The Slavia is clearly designed to be perceived as a luxury in this price and the Virtus looks more sporty.

The black alloys, they look rad. The only thing I would have preferred is 17" alloys instead of 16". I would have honestly blackened out the alloys of the Slavia 1.5 to distinguish it from the 1.5, and also, would have appreciated more blackened out bits instead of chrome. Slavia with 1.5 is a sleeper, and Virtus speaks it's character in the GT Trim.

The dark interiors in the GT also go with the sporty 'vibe' of the car. The red stitching adds to it. I really like the glossy black treatments. That glossy black lip spoiler also adds to the overall appeal of the rear end. A Virtus GT with a matte ppf would look sick. Moreover, the colors offered in Slavia are such that a matte ppf would just enhance the sportiness and looks of the vehicle! Another thing which Virtus gets is all LED setup for the lights(except the fog lights), whereas Slavia uses halogens for fog lamps, reversing lamps and indicators. Also, on closely comparing the center console, one would find out that the Air con controls are better integrated in the center console of the Virtus whereas a separate panel juts out in the Slavia. Same is the case with touchscreen system, which has more of a floating appearance on the Slavia whereas it is integrated in the dashboard of the Virtus. But, the placement of switches for the ventilated seats are placed ergonomically and in a better way in Slavia, whereas all the buttons in the Virtus are located on the driver's side.

Ofcourse, whatever we get, whatever be the pros, there is always something that is either missed, or sometimes, you just want more .

Missing out on a Manual transmission in the GT is a real bummer, that too a big one. Where everyone was expecting VW to offer a manual with 1.5 in the fully loaded trim, what they did is removed the option of having a manual with 1.5 at all!
Although the DSG is a gem, the upfront cost to buy a 1.5 would be higher because of this, and the DSG has a fair amount of tendency to break down. Maintenance, upkeep and repairs cost a lot too.
Also, I would have preferred the all black interiors in the GT, but nevertheless, it still looks rad, and has a perfect combo of sportiness and airiness.

That blue shade reminds me of Octavia RS. It loooks super duper cool on Virtus and suits it's character. Even the Seltos is offered with a Blue color, but it honestly does not suit the vehicle well.

Virtus looks so different from anything sold in the Indian market in this price bracket. I am really excited to see my favourite avatar of this beast in flesh!

PS, many things discussed might be based on personal opinion or might be subjective.
FrAgile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 18:56   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 19:29   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Youtube.com/watch?v=d0T0mTZ_5m4

Walkthrough videos.

Youtube.com/watch?v=XewTHWbZd2k
This just blows away Skoda Slavia on looks department.
Personally, VW emblem feels a lot more satisfying than that of Skoda's.

Lets see if they can make it a reliable car.

The 1.5 TSI with 6 speed manual would be my pick owing to DSG woes and/or overstressed puny 1.0L engine.

Last edited by pta320 : 8th March 2022 at 19:32. Reason: Wanted to add last line "The 1.5 TSI with...."
pta320 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks