Few observations:-
Snazzy design, like newer hyundai’s
Sunroof
360° parking camera
Bigger touchscreen
Steering lift up from swift
Smart hybrid
Paddle shifters.
Quite a comprehensive update.Think this will be marketed as a new generation model although the design overall is an evolution. Hope they bring in a new automatic gearbox and phase the 4 speed unit out.
That 360 camera has my attention. I am looking for a pano sunroof too, but thats negotiable. (And AWD too, but thats nearly impossible at this price range, so I ownt hold my breath on that).

Smart hybrid is a negative in my view - although that can change depending on how its implemented (raised costs without meaningful utility).

Now if they add a 5/6-geared TC and gets a safety score (but this looks like a bunch of cosmetic changes that dont need a new score, right?) then this will nearly slot right into the void that the Ecosport left in my list of options (with a few ups and downs naturally).

Like the competition in this space now
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 17:38   #107
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

These new features will definately push the price of Brezza to Creta levels.
abhi_krao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 17:47   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

More details of the NEW Brezza, many features will be shared with the upcoming Baleno too.

-2022 Maruti Brezza: likely to drop 'Vitara' prefix

- Next Generation Global Vitara headed to India ( Mid SUV)

- Apart from the technological updates, the 2022 Brezza will also get new body panels and sheet-metal changes.

- Will feature Maruti’s new digital architecture.

-2022 Maruti Brezza: platform to remain the same, the Global C platform underpinning the same with the S Cross.

- Higher end versions will also get paddle shifters.

- Market launch will be in 2022 July/August

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th November 2021 at 17:54.
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 17:48   #109
BHPian

From the pics, the Brezza looks more mature. The angle of the photos is bad and really skews the SUV looks.

Can't really make up my mind if it looks good or not. There are some new and much need features I can spot. Will the price be like that of the Celerio when launched?
Old 20th November 2021, 18:37   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Could end up being the only automobile in the world sporting a 4 speed Auto box with Paddle Shifters!!

But seriously, what on earth does such an underpowered car even need paddle shifters for?
YK85 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 20:49   #111
BHPian

Those projections beneath the ORVM's could be puddle lamps or they got to be the camera setups as they're jutting out? But, whoa! Looks more Toyota than a Maruti. Can't believe my eyes. Hope the Japs make a comeback in 2022. Honda, listening?

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 20th November 2021 at 21:02.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:55   #112
BHPian

Am I connecting or seeing dots that aren't to be seen, perhaps? But I do agree that the new 2022 Brezza seems very Toyota-esque. In fact, it seems to share a few design elements from the Raize. The rear and the interior especially.
Plonk a responsive engine, a better transmission and MSIL have a winner at their hands.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-20211120_214551.jpg  

sid__kaps is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 09:40   #113
BHPian

Sharing some thoughts on the purpoted 6-speed Automatic Transmission in Brezza:
  • The current 4-speed Torque Convertor AT costs a whopping 1.2 Lakh ex. sh. over the Manual transmission. This is because it is an imported one as confirmed here.
  • Maruti is widely expected to use the 6-speed TC AT in the new Brezza (confirmed multiple times by bhpian Carma2017). This unit was available in Europe since 2015.
  • Consider similar 6-speed ATs with paddle shifters from other recent launchers: the erstwhile Figo AT Titanium costed less than 1 Lakh. In the modern Skoda-VW's AQ250 (4th Gen) costs 1.2 Lakh over the Manual counterpart. Even the Hyundai's 6S TC used in Tata Harrier costs 1.3 L extra in some variants.
  • Unless Maruti has started manufacturing the transmission locally it is going to be difficult to price it competitively. I guess they have plans to do it as it can be used in Brezza, S-Cross, Ertiga-XL6, Ciaz & Toyota clones. And that translates to an annual demand of around 60K units, justifying local production.
  • This makes me to gues-stimate the premium for AT to be 1 lakh. The decently specced Brezza VXI AT to still have 9.99 L ex. sh.
anthusiast is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 10:35   #114

So is this an all new Brezza or is this a heavily re-worked/facelifted one?
Whatever it is, it looks like they have a winner on their hands. Especially if it's going to be a 6-speed torque converter.
Old 21st November 2021, 12:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising ! quite a lot of changes (addons) to differentiate it from the existing version. I think the moderators should rename the title of this tread to ‘Scoop! New Maruti Vitara Brezza coming in 2022’ as we are already in Q4-2021.
Old 21st November 2021, 14:06   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
See the red circles. Downward projection on ORVMs. Can we expect 360° Camera. Wow.

Never expected this to be such a big update. Will hold on to our booking for the current Brezza to switch to this one. This seems production ready. Attachment 2235053
I think we BHPians are being too ambitious and optimistic about MSIL and going a bit overboard here about this 360° camera.
To me, this projection on the left side ORVM seems to be the edge of the front left side door handle, and may be the angle at which the photo was taken created an illusion that it is indeed something projecting downwards from the mirror.

I may be wrong in my observation, and I am open to correction, but since the brand is MSIL, I couldn't make my brain believe that it is indeed a 360° camera, and so I watched closely and inferred this, which is more convincing to my brain.

If it is indeed a 360 camera, then it is a very very welcome step by Maruti. But I highly doubt that, and waiting till more information leaks out is the only way to confirm the same.

Nevertheless, this update seems to be a major one. Even I am waiting since the past 1 year for this update.
I have already decided for about 80% that my next car will be a Brezza after test driving the current generation Brezza, a few months ago.
I am just waiting for this new launch, since the current one is too lacking in features compared to the competition.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
I think we BHPians are being too ambitious and optimistic about MSIL and going a bit overboard here about this 360° camera.
To me, this projection on the left side ORVM seems to be the edge of the front left side door handle, and may be the angle at which the photo was taken created an illusion that it is indeed something projecting downwards from the mirror.
Or it can even be a blank / dummy, like the one we have in TATA Altroz!

Honestly, 360 degree camera and all sounds too optimistic for this segment; especially for a MS. Even Hyundai / Kia aren’t providing that. Lol.
Old 21st November 2021, 14:57   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YK85 View Post
But seriously, what on earth does such an underpowered car even need paddle shifters for?
Brezza has a 1.5L engine, why do you call it underpowered? Even Honda 1.2L engines come with paddle shifters. Besides, I think one of the best uses of paddle shifters is the easy control while climbing down the ghaats, so this addition is very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Honestly, 360 degree camera and all sounds too optimistic for this segment; especially for a MS. Even Hyundai / Kia aren’t providing that. Lol.
I too have my doubts about this feature, but this is not impossible. Nissan Magnite, a car arguably a segment below Brezza comes with a 360 camera. Such luxury features keep on coming in the lower range cars after a few years of introduction. I am waiting for the Safari's rear passenger's AC seats to come in lower segment cars!
ani_meher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 16:26   #119
BHPian

A lot of the style or design cues seem to be similar to the Toyota Raize. Considering the Toyota Suzuki Partnership this could very well be the case. I'm just curious to see what the final interior will look like. Sharing a picture of interior of Toyota Raize for reference and the leaked images seem to be quite similar from certain angles.

*Source of Image: Cardekho

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-dashboard59.png

On a side note if the interior actually looks like the Raize then it is definitely a big step up from the current interior.
Somu2009 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 09:19   #120
BHPian

We have to praise Maruti, be it bashing from GTO and entire TeamBHP (probably they were reading our comments). They did took it to the drawing board and looking at the competition from Hyundai/Tata/Kia did a deeper inner self check - "What are we going to do now. Can't keep selling this Tin Can ".

This is a radical change - Paddle shifter, Big Display, Sun-roof and the styling at the front and rear are no longer boxes but more fluent with the design. This car is going to be bread and butter soon for Maruti.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks