Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 23:26   #76
BHPian

Re: March 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
It is a great car. It looks nice, it is spacious and it is affordable. It gets good mileage and overall it is a good package.
Well. I agree with that - I feel that the car is fab and well put together - but another member also mentioned that it could be due to cabbie sales (as there is no more Dzire diesel) - Frankly, I have not seen Amaze cabs in Bangalore (or maybe that could be due to the fact that my in-city travel has greatly reduced/non existant )
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 00:00   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
But there are better products in the segment which have better gearbox, better performance, better fuel efficiencies, better handling, better NVH etc.
Which one(s) impressed you the most and which one would you rather buy?
Old 12th April 2021, 08:50   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shri View Post
Which one(s) impressed you the most and which one would you rather buy?
Nexon diesel and EcoSport diesel.

Between then, I would pick the nexon as that diesel is not only more powerful on paper, but also on road. EcoSport 1.5 tdci is too linear to my liking and I like the 6 speed MT of the Nexon better than the 5 speed MT of EcoSport. Rear bench of the Nexon is a much much better place to be than the Ford. EcoSport handles a little better, but what's handling when it's about sub 4m crossovers? If handling was the main focus, I would just go buy the Rapid 1.0 tsi.

Nexon is more spacious too, and I personally like the colours that are on sale. EcoSport has started to look a bit dated now. EcoSport S is a looker but isn't value for money at 14 lakhs on road. Titanium is value for money at 11.6 lakhs, gets a sunroof but misses out on isofix mount and rear armrests. Pretty weird feature distribution by Ford.

Nexon XZ+ will be my choice in that segment. Still a bit expensive at 13.65 lakhs on road, but it is pretty loaded and does everything better than most of its competitors.
For my kind of usage, 7500 km service interval is too short and that is the only drawback I see.

Surprising fact is that, even amongst so many new entrants and rivals, the Ford Ecosport is a package that one cannot ignore.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th April 2021 at 08:57.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 09:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
EcoSport 1.5 tdci is too linear to my liking .....
Surprising fact is that, even amongst so many new entrants and rivals, the Ford Ecosport is a package that one cannot ignore.

The linear and progressive power build up from 1400 RPM onwards and the solid slug of torque as the tacho hits 1750 RPM is exactly what endeared the Ecosport TDCI to me. Love its easy driveability in traffic without any sudden spike in torque I am sure non-linear turbo spike has its fans in equal measure though.

Ecosport is the quintessential old warrior which is holding strong against the newer kids on the block with solid fundamentals and fab looks - especially the S version.

Somehow never liked the design of the Nexon, too raised hatchback-ish for my liking and the rear end was never palatable for me. However, no doubt it is a good overall vehicle in terms of driving experience.

All said and done, in this segment, my top picks would be the Ecosport, Nexon and the XUV300 - depending on the exact requirements of the purchaser concerned.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 11:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Not surprised with Tata performance. Had a pleasant experience with their dealership recently. Prompt in getting the vehicle for TD (tried Safari), encouraging longer drives and bad patches, candid answers and no over-selling. Much better overall compared to how it used to be earlier.

They certainly have better products now and probably improved dealership experience is also helping them.
Absolutely. Tata has started doing better with their sales and marketing effort lately.
About 1.5 years back I went to two TATA showrooms to check out the Harrier and Altroz and the sales persons from neither showrooms wanted to take my contact details or follow up. I didnt mind since I was not looking to buy that time.

However, recently I took a test drive of Harrier and the two showrooms I had spoken to have been chasing me, even to the extent that they are suggesting different options to sell my old car and are being honest with some of the limitations such as the lag in ICE of Harrier.

Kudos to Tata.

Next stop: Improved quality and A.S.S
Old 12th April 2021, 11:05   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW overtakes Mercedes Benz to become the No.1 Luxury Car OEM for March 2021.

March 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-1.jpg

NOTE:
The above numbers do not have figures from AP, MP, LD & TS as they are not yet on Vahan 4.

-The gap between BMW and Mercedes was just 14 units.
-Volvo outsold Audi too and placed itself in the fourth rank.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th April 2021 at 11:07.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 14:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
BMW overtakes Mercedes Benz to become the No.1 Luxury Car OEM for March 2021.
-The gap between BMW and Mercedes was just 14 units.
What's surprising to note is that even after losing 40% registration volumes YoY, BMW still retains the numero uno spot. Such has been the dominance of this Bavarian behemoth in the last year!
However, with Mercedes expected to launch a slew of models this year & the next, will be interesting to see if BMW still holds the fort.

Another interesting view IMHO:-

Overall 42% decline of the luxury car segment on YoY basis Vs. Overall 41% rise of the D2 segment in the same time period.

March 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-d2-numbers1.jpg

Is this a clear demonstration of a "Value luxury" displacement in the minds of consumers?
Old 13th April 2021, 10:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

India’s top 5 best sellers for 4 years in a row and all from the Maruti stable

March 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-20210413_104945.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th April 2021 at 10:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 08:55   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Segment Wise Top cars of India - FY2021

Alto, Swift, Brezza, Creta & Innova are Leaders in respective segments.

March 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th April 2021 at 08:57.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:03   #85
BHPian

Tata, Toyota and kia sales figures for April 2021.

TATA:

Tata Motors posted a cumulative sales tally of 41,858 units when the domestic and international markets are combined. In the Indian market, the homegrown manufacturer recorded 39,530 units in April 2021 as against 66,609 units during the previous month of March 2021 with a Month-on-Month negative volume growth of 41 per cent.

The commercial vehicle segment contributed to 16,644 units last month as against 40,609 units a month ago with a massive 59 per cent drop. With the passenger vehicles contributing to the major sum of the company’s volumes, it does not come as a surprise to see the decline in volumes there due to the reemergence of the health crisis in a more vigorous manner.

Last month, Tata registered 25,095 units as against 29,654 units in March 2021 with a MoM volume decrease of 15 per cent. The brand regularly finished third in the overall manufacturers’ sales table since the auto industry got back into the business in the second half of last year. The recent launches have certainly paid off as the Altroz premium hatchback and Nexon electric SUV are performing well.

KIA:

Kia India managed to dispatch a total of 16,111 units in the month of April 2021, which ensured that the Korean automaker retained its position among the top 5 most sold car brands in the Indian market last month. The numbers have also helped Kia India become the fastest brand to cross the 2,50,000 sales milestone in the country

Kia has managed to achieve this feat in just 22 months since its entry into the country. It is also commendable since Kia currently retails only three products in India, namely Sonet, Seltos and the flagship Carnival. The Seltos became the best-selling Kia car in April 2021 with 8,086 units to its name.

The sub-4m SUV Sonet followed behind with 7,724 units sold in the month, while the Carnival recorded a sale of 301 units. Out of the 2,50,000 units sold in the country so far, the Seltos emerged as the highest contributor with a total tally close to 1,80,000 sales, while the Sonet managed to record a sale of over 70,000 units in just 8 months.

TOYOTA:

Toyota garnered a domestic tally of 9,622 units in April 2021 as against 14,997 units during the previous month with 35.84 per cent MoM de-growth.
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 17:21   #86
BHPian

MG's MoM sales down almost 50%

After recording its best ever month in March since beginning India operations, MG Motor has failed to sustain its growth in April. MG Motor India could sell 2,565 units of vehicles last month, a sharp drop from 5,528 units it sold in the previous month.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 17:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
MG's MoM sales down almost 50%

After recording its best ever month in March since beginning India operations, MG Motor has failed to sustain its growth in April. MG Motor India could sell 2,565 units of vehicles last month, a sharp drop from 5,528 units it sold in the previous month.
Hopefully Harrier & Safari have beaten Hector-Hector Plus in current month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks