Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2023, 09:29   #301
BHPian

Camouflaged XUV700 and Thar 5 Door spied testing at Mahindra World City, Chennai

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-pic-1-xuv.jpg

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-pic-2-xuv.jpg

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-pic-3-xuv.jpg

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-pic-4-xuv.jpg

Camouflaged XUV 700 Test vehicle spied at Downtown Hotel in Mahindra World City, Chennai.

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-pic-1.jpg

Also spotted a camouflaged Thar 5 door along with camouflaged Scorpio Classic & Scorpio N which were being tested at MWC.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 11:00   #302
BHPian

Re: Camouflaged XUV700 and Thar 5 Door spied testing at Mahindra World City, Chennai

This vehicle has old Mahindra logo. May be its an old testing vehicle.
Old 12th April 2023, 18:29   #303
BHPian

Re: Camouflaged XUV700 and Thar 5 Door spied testing at Mahindra World City, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
Attachment 2439133

Also spotted a camouflaged Thar 5 door along with camouflaged Scorpio Classic & Scorpio N which were being tested at MWC.
The 5 door Thar has no more a circular arch at the rear and looks quite better than the versions seen earlier .
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 21:05   #304
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The 5 door Thar looks quite like the Wrangler Unlimited. I would be keen to know how much more storage space this vehicle offers. And would it have the highly practical tumble fold rear seat function like the old Scorpio did. I hope that along with the main design and look and all, this time they copy also the interior space design and management from the Wrangler.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 11:49   #305
BHPian

re: Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!

On last Saturday, I was driving on Mumbai-Banglore highway and saw a camouflaged Scorpio N drive past me. Is there an update being tested?

On another note, the this Scorpio N was spotted a few minutes after a white colored 5 door Gurkha with red number plates and without any camouflage. That vehicle has some massive road presence!
Old 12th May 2023, 10:52   #306
BHPian

As long as they give some option for sectional removal hardtop, i am ready with the money for this. If they just give a Bolero on steroids, then not cool.
Old 12th May 2023, 11:16   #307
BHPian

After seeing the Suzuki Jimny in person at our nearest Nexa Showroom i am really pumped for the 5 Door Thar just because of its massive road presence and the amount of modifications that can now be done to it . I did read somewhere that Mahindra is planning to showcase the production ready model in August with the vehicle going on sale in festive season . Removable roof panels may not be an option with this vehicle .
Old 12th May 2023, 11:41   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
As long as they give some option for sectional removal hardtop, i am ready with the money for this....
Maybe not. It was rumoured that the 5 door won't have the washable/ hoseable interiors of the 3 door. That with the metal roof and Mahindra's reluctance to integrate the clever bits of the Wrangler in the Thar means probability of removable hardtop in the 5 door Thar is low.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:26   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Maybe not. It was rumoured that the 5 door won't have the washable/ hoseable interiors of the 3 door. That with the metal roof and Mahindra's reluctance to integrate the clever bits of the Wrangler in the Thar means probability of removable hardtop in the 5 door Thar is low.
I don't have any ideas about the interiors being washable in the 5 door Thar (they should be considering its use as a recreational vehicle) but the roof won't removable .
Old 12th May 2023, 14:20   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I don't have any ideas about the interiors being washable in the 5 door Thar (they should be considering its use as a recreational vehicle) but the roof won't removable .
I'm sure we will see a 5-door Thar with washable interiors a year or two down the road. M&M is very aggressive on trying out new variants. Variants add to sales nos.
Old 12th May 2023, 14:47   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I'm sure we will see a 5-door Thar with washable interiors a year or two down the road. M&M is very aggressive on trying out new variants. Variants add to sales nos.
I agree with you on the new variants or features being released down the line . However all the current Thar owners have decked out their vehicles with such nice interior bits from the aftermarket that its difficult to wash it down .
Old 15th May 2023, 10:28   #312
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
As long as they give some option for sectional removal hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
probability of removable hardtop in the 5 door Thar is low.
Recently heard from an industry insider that Mahindra has indeed been working on a removable hard-top for the 4-door Thar.

I sure hope they finally release it because:

- The joy of open top cruising is unmatched!

- It greatly increases the appeal of the product. There is a reason that Mahindra launched the 2nd-gen Thar with an open-top example. The eyeballs & interest in the product increase many times over.

- Will appeal to a lot of customers who want both, hard top practicality with the rare open-top cruising. It really gives you the best of both worlds.

Being how they have unabashedly copied the Wrangler in design, I have a feeling they will copy the removable hard-top too:
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 17:53   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Recently heard from an industry insider that Mahindra has indeed been working on a removable hard-top for the 4-door Thar.
I sincerely hope that it is better designed than the soft top of the 2-Door Thar. After breaking my nails on many occasions, I now dread to close the soft top of the Thar. Opening is relatively easy, but the damn thing doesn't want to go back on. Needs two people and 15 to 20 minutes minimum.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 19:16   #314
BHPian

Tentative date for launch of Mahindra Thar 5 door - 15-Aug-2023

https://www.dnaindia.com/automobile/...-debut-3041733

Last edited by graaja : 16th May 2023 at 19:53. Reason: Adding "5 door" to make it clear
Old 16th May 2023, 20:05   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Needs two people and 15 to 20 minutes minimum.
You're certainly not doing it the right way then After some practice, I'm able to put it back within 5-7 minutes on my own. Watch some good videos on the same, on YouTube. Of course there are areas for improvement but it ain't that bad either.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks