Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2021, 09:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India

Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to introduce new and refreshed models to its India line-up over the coming months. There are four facelifts and one all-new model in the pipeline, set to be launched within the 2021-2022 financial year (which ends in April 2022).

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-20210723081231_maruti_collage.jpg

2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno (major update) :
Quote:
The exterior will receive a heavily reworked front end as well as refreshed overall styling. The interiors are also expected to be updated with new safety and convenience features, to match the ones seen on its newer rivals. There are no major mechanical updates are expected.
Ertiga update :
Quote:
Updated Ertiga will likely consist of minor styling and feature updates, similar to the ones seen on the Swift and Dzire. It will continue to be sold with its current petrol engine.
XL6 update :
Quote:
Updated XL6 facelift is also expected to receive similar cosmetic tweaks as the refreshed Ertiga. Sources tell us that the XL6 could come with a 7-seater option with a bench seat for the second row, and even better looking alloy wheels to make it look more appealing from the outside.
Brezza update :
Quote:
Maruti is expected to give it another cosmetic update for Brezza. Expect more news on the refreshed Vitara Brezza to trickle out in the coming months.
All-new Celerio :
Quote:
All-new Celerio to launch by October this year. The new-gen Celerio is also going to be based on Maruti Suzuki's modular Heartect platform and is expected to come with two petrol engine options – a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder unit and a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th July 2021 at 10:07.
Venkatesh is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India

The Baleno and Brezza needs a whole generation change, not just updates!!!

Maybe Maruti is trying to focus on the Baleno based crossover and the Toyota collab model. But the Brezza badly needs a generation change now, or atleast a comprehensive update, not just cosmetic ones. Maybe plonk in the 1.5DDiS while they are at it.
DicKy is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:28   #3
BHPian

Any upgrades to safety aspects? 6 airbags, 5* safety rated cars? Surely the NEXA cars should get it for the premium that Maruti charge!!
searacer932 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Any upgrades to safety aspects? 6 airbags, 5* safety rated cars? Surely the NEXA cars should get it for the premium that Maruti charge!!
I guess this a rhetorical question but a 5 star rating cannot be added to the face-lift. The newer generation cars may get a better safety rating if Maruti Suzuki works on that aspect while developing the cars.

There's news of the next generation Vitara Brezza and Baleno coming in the next 18 months or so. I guess these updates will be very minor. The XL6 was rumored to be getting 6 airbags but I won't hold my breath.
Marauder is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If the news about XL6 getting a 7 seater variant is true, my search for a next change may end there. And if Maruti doesn't plan to launch it, I would like Toyota to launch it as a 7 seater variant. With the alloys, they should also change the tyre size. The current tyre and alloy size don't do justice to the size of vehicle as well as the wheel well.
BoneCollector is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 22:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

XL6 not only needs a facelift but also 16 inch alloys which they already have outside of India
dadu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 00:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to introduce new and refreshed models to its India line-up over the coming months. There are four facelifts and one all-new model in the pipeline, set to be launched within the 2021-2022 financial year (which ends in April 2022).....

Source
As per my understanding of Suzuki working, none of the listed models will be launched in FY 21-22 except maybe the Celerio. The Baleno and Brezza both will be updated cosmetically as well as technologically. 6 airbag version will now be available in most cars in Maruti lineup above Swift I think.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 00:42   #8
BHPian

Scross, Ciaz, Baleno and Brezza are quite old now, they should bring the new generations at the earliest. Baleno+ Glanza have crossed 1M sales in India, what else they want more from that model? Or haven't met the global sales target, which stand at around 5%!

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 25th July 2021 at 00:43.
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 05:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

If there is a 7 seater XL6, what happens to the Ertiga? They are virtually the same car otherwise.
Old 25th July 2021, 06:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

As before, Maruti shows no signs of introducing all new cars. They just continue to milk their long in the tooth models. And why would they when there are enough and more takers for their cars and still holds a lion's share of the market. We the car buyers are to be blamed too.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 25th July 2021 at 06:15.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:16   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
As before, Maruti shows no signs of introducing all new cars.
I think they had a good product onslaught a few years back, but yes, I am quite surprised with the ageing product line. Updates & facelifts are there, but Maruti really needs fresh all-new products and next-generation cars. It's been a while since I drove an all-new Maruti. They were also disappointingly unprepared for BS6, despite having such a sexy 1.5 diesel motor and there being demand for diesels today. These are our last Official Reviews:
Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-screenshot_20210725091057_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
If there is a 7 seater XL6, what happens to the Ertiga? They are virtually the same car otherwise.
If you don't cannibalise yourself, someone else will gladly do it for you

They have some aesthetic differences, and different sales channels. I think it's important to give customers what they want and having 3 on the middle row is a big, big plus for families. Then, the Glanza-Baleno and Urban Cruiser-Vitara Brezza are co-existing just fine.

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2021 at 09:28.
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
the Brezza badly needs a generation change now, or atleast a comprehensive update, not just cosmetic ones. Maybe plonk in the 1.5DDiS while they are at it.
Absolutely. The Brezza was a runaway success with the diesel, but today folks are yearning for a BS6 diesel from Maruti Suzuki, but nothing in sight. I know several loyalists who have moved to other brands after having waited enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They were also disappointingly unprepared for BS6, despite having such a sexy 1.5 diesel motor and there being demand for diesels today.

I think it's important to give customers what they want and having 3 on the middle row is a big, big plus for families
I remember how the Hyundai Santro was a wake up call for Maruti in 1998. The Santro then was such a technologically superior product when Maruti was happy with their carb cars. After approx 1.5 years, came the 16V MPFi engines from Maruti, which the structure couldn't keep pace with - the Esteem became India's rocket sedan. Something tells me that they're actually watching how the BS6 diesels on other cars perform, so that they can launch a flawless product.

The Ciaz and Brezza were runaway successes with their all new offerings, and Ciaz didn't suffer despite the lacklusture 1.4 engine. What we are seeing today is a repeat of 1998, and I hope Maruti hits the ball out of the park this time too. My wishlist:

1. Ertiga with BS6 diesel
2. XL6 with 7 seats and the BS6 diesel
3. Baleno - status quo with petrol, plonk a diesel option
4. Ciaz - same as Baleno
5. S-Cross - facelift with a diesel option
6. International Vitara with a diesel

Last edited by vigsom : 25th July 2021 at 09:55.
vigsom is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 11:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

There is still no sign of any Maruti Suzuki product in the 14-20 Lakhs range (Premium SUV).
MSIL has given up this lucrative segment on a platter to the Korean sisters.

Secondly, there is still no sign of it's BS6 Diesel.
For 'heavy' users & 'torque-lovers', there is simply no option from Maruti's Stable.
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 11:55   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
My wishlist:

4. Ciaz - same as Baleno
And I'll add a few bits from my side -
  • Better crash testing ratings.
  • Variants with 6 airbags.
  • ESP/TC and other safety features.
  • A good 6 speed automatic in petrol as well as diesel.
BoneCollector is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 12:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
My wishlist:

4. Ciaz - same as Baleno
And if at all Maruti brings back diesels at some point, we should be ready with Maruti ads as these that painted diesel cars as bad when it ceased to exist in their kitty
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-screenshot_20210725125222_gallery.jpg  

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-screenshot_20210725125347_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 25th July 2021 at 12:56.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks