Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 14:10   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojet View Post
Few years ago everyone bought a tincan, but now buyers think about crash rating and build quality. I was referring to that
I got your point, I was just trying to say that there hasn't been any sort of reduction in their sales numbers despite the apparent increase in awareness towards safety.
tanbeamer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:40   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

The Ertiga is due for a facelift in March this year, and is likely to be the first Maruti to get this new gearbox, mated to the same 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine.

Brezza will get a comprehensive update, and as for the 6AT, it could be offered with paddle shifters

Facelift of the Ertiga’s more premium Nexa sibling, the XL6, will then follow in May or June.
This is a fantastic update . As one of the few owners of the previous generation VXI AT owner, except for the gearbox which really sucked on long drives, the rest of the car was fantastic value for money. From a personal ownership perspective with the new AT box it can definitely an all round car. Wishful thinking along with this update are a minimum of 6 airbags and an AWD .
Jesse_Mach is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:47   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated Baleno rolls out of the assmebly line, launching in Feb.

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:56   #109
BHPian

Is there any chance that Maruti introduces a full hybrid ertiga or xl6 this year? I have to change my existing ertiga zdi and was wondering if it makes sense to wait or change considering the falling car values due to ten year rule on diesels in delhi NCR
Old 26th January 2022, 23:00   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Is there any chance that Maruti introduces a full hybrid ertiga or xl6 this year? I have to change my existing ertiga zdi and was wondering if it makes sense to wait or change considering the falling car values due to ten year rule on diesels in delhi NCR
The first Full hybrid will be the Mid SUV from Toyota -Suzuki JV, launching this festive season.

Ertiga/XL6 are likely to continue in the current Mild Hybrid configuration.

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th January 2022 at 23:21.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 16:38   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Wagon-R Spied Testing,

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-marutiwagonr1.2lcngspied1536x960.jpg

Quote:
expect this to be the upcoming 1.2L CNG version of the hatchback, which will be significantly more powerful than the current 1.0L CNG version (69 PS and 90 Nm in petrol mode, 59 PS and 78 Nm in CNG mode).

This new 1.2-litre bi-fuel powerplant will likely be the same one that will power the upcoming Swift S-CNG and Dzire S-CNG.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th January 2022 at 16:40.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 17:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Wagon-R Spied Testing,

Attachment 2265667
Beats me why any one would buy a "CNG hatch" and do away with the boot space completely!! It doesn't suit the taxi trade as the boot space is almost totally eaten up and private buyer would be left hunting for pumps dispensing CNG as these are few and far between and may have to queue up with autorickshaws to tank up. Cons: 1) lack of CNG pumps 2) Total loss of boot space 3) loss of power. Advantages: Lowered running costs: is it really that good to go CNG at the total loss of boot space just for reduced running costs and fuel efficiency? I see this as a penny wise and pound foolish solution.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 27th January 2022 at 17:12.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 17:23   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Beats me why any one would buy a "CNG hatch" and do away with the boot space completely!! It doesn't suit the taxi trade as the boot space is almost totally eaten up and private buyer would be left hunting for pumps dispensing CNG as these are few and far between and may have to queue up with autorickshaws to tank up. Cons: 1) lack of CNG pumps 2) Total loss of boot space 3) loss of power. Advantages: Lowered running costs: is it really that good to go CNG at the total loss of boot space just for reduced running costs and fuel efficiency? I see this as a penny wise and pound foolish solution.
The preferences are different for various people. Think of a 2, 3 or 4 member family who don't travel out station and in most cases use their car for office commute / daily shopping.

I heard that post CNG conversion, the running cost is just 1 /3 of that using Petrol - which is a big money for many. Nowadays I spend Rs 6 per KM in my Petrol car, but if that is getting reduced to Rs 2, I won't hesitate much.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th January 2022 at 17:28.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 22:57   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Beats me why any one would buy a "CNG hatch" and do away with the boot space completely!!
I think factory fitted CNG vehicles don't have a big CNG tank in the boot, it's the retrofitted ones that have those. With factory CNG option, the fuel tank size is reduced by 5-7 litres to accomodate CNG tank of same capacity.
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
I think factory fitted CNG vehicles don't have a big CNG tank in the boot, it's the retrofitted ones that have those. With factory CNG option, the fuel tank size is reduced by 5-7 litres to accomodate CNG tank of same capacity.
Just see the Tiago CNG with a factory fitted kit, tank is so big it's fills the whole bootspace...

Image courtesy Autocar India.
Attached Images

Old 3rd February 2022, 19:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
On the contrary, a normal passenger car is driven 95% of the times with Max 2 occupants on board. If loading luggage is a one off activity ( I mean rare, not literally one off), it makes sense to have an affordable car that serves one's purposes mostly. Especially in the northern part of India where there are ample CNG stations. On my return to India, last month my cab stopped at a station and the turn around time was 10 mins. That is long but not long enough to warrant buying an EV / Hybrid etc. Of course, if you have got the money or lack CNG station nearby, it is a no brainer then.The boot space in most taxis is compensated by a roof carrier up top. Although I think it's a highly unsafe accessory that should be banned, but that is how India rolls I guess.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 23:07   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Just see the Tiago CNG with a factory fitted kit, tank is so big it's fills the whole bootspace...

Image courtesy Autocar India.
Well that is Tata's ignorance towards practicality and not an inherent flaw of CNG hatchbacks! If you see the bootspace on offer in CNG hatchbacks by Maruti and Hyundai, you will notice that both the carmakers have fitted the vehicles with a different shaped CNG cylinder and also modified the spare tire location so as to make up for decent boot space.

E.g.- Here's an example of the WagonR CNG's bootspace-

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RmJr6pZi39U/maxresdefault.jpg

Celerio CNG Boot space-

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-celerio-cng-boot.jpg

So no, the "CNG tank swallowing up boot" problem is not common with every modern day CNG hatchback!
theAutomaniac is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

2022 Maruti Ertiga facelift testing continues, spotted yet again.

The new 6-speed torque convertor will replace the ageing 4-speed unit being used in the Ertiga.

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-fb_img_1644299217686.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-fb_img_1644299219871.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-fb_img_1644299222181.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-fb_img_1644299224813.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-fb_img_1644299227018.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th February 2022 at 11:23.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 08:19   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Ciaz updated with new colours from the yet to be launched Baleno.

A total of 7 colours are on offer, the new colour options on offer include Celestial Blue, Opulent Red, Splendid Silver and Grandeur Grey. The four older colour options which have been discontinued include Sangria Red, Nexa Blue, Premium Silver and Magma Grey.

Maruti-Suzuki lines up updated model range for India-a2ab7ebdeb3f4f9da0c0cc4144db93d9.jpeg

Link

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th February 2022 at 08:23.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 10:21   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
2022 Ciaz updated with new colours from the yet to be launched Baleno.

A total of 7 colours are on offer, the new colour options on offer include Celestial Blue, Opulent Red, Splendid Silver and Grandeur Grey. The four older colour options which have been discontinued include Sangria Red, Nexa Blue, Premium Silver and Magma Grey.
Just checked the NEXA website and Ciaz's brochure but both still show the same old color options. You sure this was not a technical error?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks