Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 19:35   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford India struggles with DPF problems in 1.5L TDCI | Poorly handled & utter lack of transparenc

Same problem being faced by my friend who is not a BHPian. He has a two month old Ecosport. The service center gave some vague replies and said that the issue is resolved. Still the message keeps popping up. He is frustrated to the point of asking for a full refund!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India struggles with DPF problems in 1.5L TDCI | Poorly handled & utter lack of transparency-img20210805wa0003.jpg  

StarBoard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 11:28   #47
BHPian

Re: Ford India struggles with DPF problems in 1.5L TDCI | Poorly handled & utter lack of transparenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBoard View Post
Same problem being faced by my friend who is not a BHPian. He has a two month old Ecosport. The service center gave some vague replies and said that the issue is resolved. Still the message keeps popping up. He is frustrated to the point of asking for a full refund!
What is the manufacturing month (Not the purchase month, but the manufacturing month ) of this vehicle. From June onwards there was a calibration done to prevent this ..
Old 6th August 2021, 13:00   #48
BHPian

I had a talk with my SA over this. As per him Ford is still working on the issue. They haven't accepted any billings since 15th July. New deliveries will happen only post a resolution to this. Ford is making me more religious day by day.
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 15:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
This seems to be an intermittent issue with BS6 diesels from some other manufacturers as well.

I have seen occasional mentions on some social media groups for Nexon for example.

Seems the decision to pull in my diesel vehicle purchase to a couple of months before BS6 roll out is giving additional benefits not anticipated!
Occasional DPF clogging issue is quite common for BS6 diesels if the car is primarily driven in city. This has always been a long discussed topic and BS6 owners should be aware of it before investing in a diesel vehicles. However, what is happening with the Ecosport is an exception. No way the DPF can get clogged so frequently and it points to some underlying issue (may be one or more of the below):
  1. The current batches of DPFs being sourced are defective. It may be that the supplier, from whom Ford sources DPFs, have developed manufacturing/quality issues. It can also be that Ford has changed to a different supplier with the objective of cost reduction and thus quality has deteriorated. This will be an extreme scenario and a total recall will be the only solution.
  2. Some sensors have gone kaput. Thus it is showing a wrong warning even when the DPF is cleaned.
  3. The regeneration process is not working. It may be due to a software issue or a mechanical issue, but the car is unable to perform an active regeneration of the DPF (options 2 and 3 should ideally be an easy fix. So not sure why Ford is taking so much time to resolve this).
SansGT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 16:39   #50
BHPian

I have seen photos from various owners of the BS6 circulating pictures of this issue within our owners group. Initially I didnt pay so much attention to it, until this particular link started circulating within the group.

For me the part of handling maintenance was the support of Service Centers. Their support was incredible and looks like a situation where they are also blank - this is quite unfortunate.

I hope they come forward to help the owners who have been very passionate and for a car which is still clocking 3.5 k per month in sales.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 12:33   #51
BHPian

I bought my Ecosport S Diesel BS6 back in February 2020 and thankfully have never faced this issue till now. Immediately after the purchase, took the car on a long highway trip to Mom’s native place. On March 2020 again we took the car for another trip. These two trips combined were of approx 2500kms. From then on after the lockdown, the car has been used sparingly.

It has covered only around 7K kms till now in one and a half years. Due to this fear of DPF clogging I give my car a highway burst once in every two to three weeks. As an owner it feels horrible to live with a fear in mind. I hope Ford resolves this issue quickly and let the owners know which batch of cars were affected.
Ibanez_70 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 08:47   #52
BHPian

Mine is a Dec 2020 TDCI S. Covered 6500km and haven't faced this issue till now. Have done few highway trips which could be the reason. Hopefully Ford comes up with a permanent fix and not let us drive in a state of worry.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 00:15   #53

I booked my Ford Titanium Diesel on 7th July and it should be getting delivered soon. Would be interesting to see if I will have to face the DPF issue. I have been following a lot of articles on this and it seems like it is quite common among Diesel engines with low running. I was trying to see if there is any solution for all this then I came across this youtube video . Has anyone heard or tried this solution from Tunap? They recommend us to use it every 3rd time we fill our tanks.

My first post after getting membership on 4th Attempt.
SandyN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 05:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyN View Post
I booked my Ford Titanium Diesel on 7th July
Hi Sandy, welcome to the forum. Could you tell me where you booked your car from? What is the delivery time that has been conveyed to you? I booked on 12th July and my SA has said that the plant has not taken any new billings since 15 July. On email I have a 4 month estimated time of delivery.
Old 10th August 2021, 08:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Even I feel happy now, that I have a BS4 Nexon D which is running flawlessly. But do BS6 Nexons have this problem, and are you sure? I'm on various owners forums and this has never come up. I'm also asking because, my current Nexon will probably be replaced by another Nexon - now that 4th year is coming to and end and warranty will cease. Heard Kia also has these issues, limiting my choice in Diesel, overall
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
This seems to be an intermittent issue with BS6 diesels from some other manufacturers as well. I have seen occasional mentions on some social media groups for Nexon for example. Seems the decision to pull in my diesel vehicle purchase to a couple of months before BS6 roll out is giving additional benefits not anticipated!
Old 10th August 2021, 09:41   #56
BHPian

Diesel vehicles have become more complex thanks to BS6 norms. I'm guessing, but there must be upwards of about 20-30 sensors that would have been added.

These sensors and other hardware is one thing, but software should have been seen a major upgrade as well.

Add to this the different environmental conditions and the Covid-19 lockdowns.

All this leads to finding bugs/troubleshooting very difficult. Most hardware used should be common across multiple OEMs. If Ford is the only OEM having a large share of the problems, I suspect that the issue will be in Ford's software.

Ford is a capable OEM. Given some extra time, they should solve this.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 10th August 2021, 10:52   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Hi Sandy, welcome to the forum. Could you tell me where you booked your car from? What is the delivery time that has been conveyed to you? I booked on 12th July and my SA has said that the plant has not taken any new billings since 15 July. On email I have a 4 month estimated time of delivery.
I booked mine on 7th July. I was told the waiting period would be 120 Days on paper, but the dealer gave me assurance that the care would be delivered before 22 August.
SandyN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 12:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
...do BS6 Nexons have this problem, and are you sure? I'm on various owners forums and this has never come up...
I've seen few mentions in the owners groups I am part of. However, the numbers of posts are very few (low single digits), and the additional mentions in the comments aren't too many either. So it's definitely not as dire as the Ecosport, and may even be due to initial teething issues.
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone heard or tried this solution from Tunap? They recommend us to use it every 3rd time we fill our tanks.
Spraying of chemicals directly onto the DPF filter element to clean them, is something that is already performed by Service Centers.
Typically, it is done when the filter is badly clogged.
Old 10th August 2021, 15:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I booked my Ford Titanium Diesel on 7th July and it should be getting delivered soon.

My first post after getting membership on 4th Attempt.
Welcome Sandy!

Congratulations on your booking. I booked Ecosport D for my friend at 24th July and the waiting period is 120 days, SA promised he can deliver within 90 days. However, I feel the waiting period is long for an Ecosport. Also, when did you get booking ID after booking? Asking this because still we haven't received booking ID even after 17 days.

Thanks.

Last edited by Karthik.thm : 10th August 2021 at 15:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks