Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 17:28   #121

Re: Ford India struggles with DPF problems in 1.5L TDCI | Poorly handled & utter lack of transparenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Thanks witwat for the update! I checked on the Ford website with my VIN and I am also shown 22E06 code with the details "BHARAT STAGE 6.1 CAT CALIBRATION". I own an Ecosport TDCI falling within that period but I am yet to face any issues or warnings on highway or city use. I am not sure if I should get the replacement or calibration (following the old adage of don't fix what is not broken). If I understand correctly from your post, did you face the issue for the first time after changing the catalyst?

The adage makes perfect sense! It's better not to bother unless there is an issue. Form what I understand these are just software patch fix. And yes, I did face the DPF error message once after replacing the catalyst. With the warning message, I drove for some 50 odd kms at 80kmph and the message vanished.

However, I used to find the oil life percentage wired. For every 3000 odd kms it drops from 100 to 0. Have asked FASS to acknowledge the recall with my VIN. Once they connect to their portal, I think that's when we will get to know what's the update and I shall keep you guys posted.
Old 30th July 2022, 17:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India struggles with DPF problems in 1.5L TDCI | Poorly handled & utter lack of transparenc

I visited Vibrant Ford's Balanagar outlet today mainly to get my TPMS retrained, as the readings appeared awry after my WA/WB/WR a few weeks ago. They did that free of cost, and I also had them check what needs to be replaced as my car was listed under FSA 22E06.

As there were many cars during the monsoon camp, they said they would ascertain the list of parts to be changed and order them from Chennai. They promised to get back to me next week.

I'll update this thread after I get more information.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 08:46   #123
BHPian

Hi All,

I have an old colleague who is a Ford fan and currently owns and Aspire diesel BS4 (upgraded from Fiesta classic diesel). He is looking to purchase a used BS6 EcoSport Diesel.

Tried to go through the thread and understand if Ford has actually fixes the issue here. Can owners throw some light on this.

Did all the part fixes and software updates allow the owners to use this engine within the city for a reasonable period of time?
Old 8th January 2023, 12:18   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hi All,
Did all the part fixes and software updates allow the owners to use this engine within the city for a reasonable period of time?
Being present owner of 2021 BS6 Diesel. I had seen the information on Ford website regarding recall of 22E06 part done free of cost. However, I have not got it done since I found a strange hack due to which DPF issue has not surfaced for last 6000 odd kms.

Driving @ 120kmph for 5-10 mins once a week. Since I stay next to Nice Road without a toll gate access this has become a weekend affair just to drive and come back without paying anything

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2023 at 18:19. Reason: Classifieds ad info deleted
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 22:44   #125

Hi Jithin R,

My ford Aspire Diesel 2021 BS6 issue was addressed by software upgrade. I got this done at my third service 20k (some time in June 2022). I have not received any DPF warnings till now. The car has run ~4k post that, so usage has dropped. Still not more than 50% or extended period of city usage I would say. I don't take my car to office. Stuck to my 2-wheeler.
swparth18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 12:27   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hi All,

Hi Jithin. Our Ecosport BS6 TDCI has never shown any DPF problems. Even after the recall I have been driving the car inside the city for around 300 kilometers before getting the chance to go on the highway and there was no DPF issue. But seeing from the parts that were being replaced during the recall, I feel this recall should solve the DPF issue.
Old 16th January 2023, 13:45   #127
BHPian

The recall certainly does address parts of the DPF problem. The freequency of DPF (drive to clean) is much better now.

But now there is a higher than normal diesel contamination of the engine oil (reported by many owners in our ES group). Could be due to freequent DPF regen cycles and more diesel washing down to the oil (No SCR in Ecosport). Though the so called intelligent oil life indicator is not correct, there are other issues with oil life.

In certain conditions the recall does not work. In my case after the recall post 2000kms i got the DPF warning, i could not drive to clean (also reported by two others in our ES group). Infact the dpf warning level kept going up as i drove to clean. Had to take it to Ford Service after it reached the limit. Ford service took my car, they did a static regen using ODB and the drove it on the highway in a strange pattern. 100kmph in 3rd gear and lower the speed to 60kmph, repeat this patternt for a total of 12 times. I am now nearing my next 2000Kms and am not sure if i can still drive to clean the DPF.

I would suggest to buy the ES bs6 model if there is a lot of highway driving. If you are looking at a city only drive, you are better off buyng a petrol or other brands with DEF (SCR) + Static regen (Instrument cluster).
Old 19th May 2023, 14:30   #128
BHPian

Finally, after having driven for more than 7000 kms, my car flashed the annoying message that every other Ford Diesel BS VI owner's face. Exhaust filter overloaded. Drive to clean. I took my car for a long drive but the cleaning message did not show up at all. In fact, I tried driving till Mysore but the cleaning process never started and when it did it just flashed the message back even when I was maintaining a constant speed. Such a pain in the rear.

I need some help here from fellow BHPians, can we get the filter cleaned manually by removing the assembly if anyone has got it done?
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:06   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Finally, after having driven for more than 7000 kms, my car flashed the annoying message that every other Ford Diesel BS VI owner's face. Exhaust filter overloaded. Drive to clean. I took my car for a long drive but the cleaning message did not show up at all. In fact, I tried driving till Mysore but the cleaning process never started and when it did it just flashed the message back even when I was maintaining a constant speed. Such a pain in the rear.

I need some help here from fellow BHPians, can we get the filter cleaned manually by removing the assembly if anyone has got it done?
There is a strange method that FASS used in my car. They first cleaned DPF using ODB. Then drove the car at 100kmph-3rd gear down to 60Kmph. Repeated this 10 times. The warning magically went off.

Dont use engine braking in the car. When used on high revs plus city traffic (sudden brakes), the dpf clogs faster. Well you also need to change the engine oil once every 5K-8K depending on your driving style. More regens more diesel in the oil and more soot.
bharathgr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 19:42   #130
BHPian

Update:
I went ahead and got the part replaced as it was under recall. The total bill came up to 91256 Rs. but was billed NIL to me. Now I have to examine this in the coming days. There is no change in the throttle response. Feels as good as new.
Old 23rd June 2023, 13:05   #131
BHPian

Quick prologue:

Ford Aspire TDCi (Titanium+) acquired in March 2020. My vehicle is from the first batch of BS6 Ford diesels. The vehicle has already gone through 2 recalls for replacing the DPF/EGR assembly. Currently at 55xxx on the odometer. Usage is 80% highway.

After the last parts replacement under the provisioned recall, there was no issue with the DPF clogging. But it has raised its ugly head once again, although not surprisingly.

I called FASS and here is the typical, but slightly annoying conversation over the phone. All I wanted was to book the vehicle for manual static regen, as the vehicle has been driven under the ideal conditions to activate DPF regen for more than 300 kms, with no change in the situation.

Me : I would like to book an appointment for manual DPF regen on my BS6 Aspire diesel.

Staff : Sure. Please get your vehicle tomorrow. You might have to leave the vehicle for an entire day or more, for diagnosis and trials.

Me : I don't think that will be necessary. The vehicle has been driven under the ideal conditions for regen for more than 300 kms. Yet, the display keeps cycling between ' Exhaust filter overloaded. Drive to clean' and 'Filter is being cleaned'. There engine refuses to go beyond 2000 rpm, irrespective of the gear it is in. I need you to do a manual static regen using the OBD equipment.

Staff : But Sir, the vehicle has to driven under specific conditions to activate DPF regen. We will have to undertake trials and also drive the car ourselves to activate regen, if it doesn't happen by the static method.

Me : Did you not hear what I just said about how the vehicle has been driven for the last 300 kms? Who is going to pay for diesel that will be utilised for all your unnecessary trials?

Staff : You will have to bear the cost of diesel that will be utilised for the trials.

Me (now getting somewhat worked up, although this has been the process, every single time for every 6 months when I have to report the SAME issue to FASS) : I will get the vehicle tomorrow. I expect you to perform a STATIC manual regen using the OBD. If it doesn't work and you decide to drive the car for your experiments, you are going to pay for the diesel. My car was one of the first cases to be reported to Ford India. It was escalated all the way to Ford USA, after Ford HQ at Chennai were unable to provide a fix.

To summarize : Ford India has been great in overall service levels and co-operation in terms of recalls and parts replacement. Yet, at the dealer level, the usual tricks of stonewalling customers affected with the long standing issue, continues unabated. One has to be armed with all the data, specific curcumstancial evidence and LOADS of patience.

No regrets about the Aspire Diesel, but every time this issue crops up, I can't help but curse my luck. If only I had purchased the same car in its BS IV version, 6 months earlier.

Last edited by TDCi4Life : 23rd June 2023 at 13:10. Reason: Remarks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks