Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2021, 19:59   #76

re: 2022 Maruti-Suzuki Baleno, now launched at Rs. 6.35 lakh

First time ever spy shots of a car look good!!
derick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 21:23   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
My bad. I didn't know. My friend got a Zeta with 15 inch alloys. Didn't strike to me that Alpha had 16 inches.
Zeta and Alpha comes with 16" alloys. Baleno has 16" alloys from launch(2015), it's not new.
BMW_Fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 14:45   #78
BHPian

The images seem like a typical upgrade the MS has been doing. Not a substantial jump in the looks department. Even the touch screen and hardware look like not so major updates.

Lets hope mechanically and transmissions wise they bring the car up to the current competition. Is a turbo engine too much of an expectation?

Any date on the launch?
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 00:02   #79
BHPian

I also hope Maruti does away with their ugly, cheap steering wheels which we see on almost all Marutis!
coolmel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 16:44   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated Baleno to be revealed by end Feb-22.

Quote:
The next vehicle to go on sale will be the much-awaited Baleno facelift, which will be launched in the last week of February, 2022.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 10:57   #81
BHPian

This link says that the top-spec Baleno would be equipped with the 1.5 liter engine from the Brezza with the same horsepower and torque figures. Very interesting if true.

https://www.carblogindia.com/2022-ma...ift-15-petrol/
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 18:16   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Launching next month, the updated Baleno to get a host of new features:

- Six airbags (driver and passenger airbags along with curtain bags, both for the front and rear passengers) ,equipment like heads-up display, and thicker grade of steel on the outer body panels
- Wireless charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
-Larger, free-standing touchscreen with an all-new interface, jointly developed with Toyota.
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) in top variants
- Maruti Suzuki is also likely to discontinue the expensive CVT automatic and introduce a Swift like single clutch automatic or AMT ( more refined, with filter?).
- 2022 Baleno will also get an all-new interior. The focal point is the new floating centre console that gets a new free-standing screen on top and a pair of vents below. The buttons for the air con system are situated below these and are nicely blended into the organic looking and layered dash.
- The sporty instrument panel gets a pair of deep-set clear dials, with a multi-information display at the centre and Maruti Suzuki’s sporty flat bottom steering wheel from the Swift.

Quote:
Expect prices to range between Rs 6.5 lakh-10.5 lakh, which, according to dealers, will give it a fair shot at big success.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th January 2022 at 18:42.
volkman10 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 18:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Launching next month the updated Baleno to get a host of new features:

*SNIP*

Link
This makes it very interesting, I have not even being considering Maruti's as of now and I am looking to make a booking post March. Now the Baleno will definitely be a contender.
Old 14th January 2022, 18:46   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
jointly developed with Toyota.
I hope this time around Toyota does some serious exterior changes to the Glanza instead of only a grill change!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:03   #85
BHPian

Quote:
- Maruti Suzuki is also likely to discontinue the expensive CVT automatic and introduce a Swift like single clutch automatic or AMT ( more refined, with filter?).

Link
Looks like a step back for automatic for Baleno! It will join Altroz with AMT, leaving just i20 and Jazz with proper autos in the premium hatchback segment
sanchari is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 21:16   #86
BHPian

Few comments/observations/questions from me -
  • Is this a face-lift (or) the next generation Baleno? I believe this is a facelift.
  • Providing AMT gearbox is criminal for a car at this price point. Either provide a proper AT or at least retain the CVT. Don't provide AMT!!
  • Any visibility on if the car will at least perform better now from a crash rating point of view. The 'Heart-attack' platform is notorious when it comes to the question of safety!
searacer932 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 22:22   #87
BHPian

If these specifications of new Baleno are true, then its a surprise for all. Maruti Suzuki finally woke up in 2022. Why? Because Baleno will be the first vehicle in their stable to be equipped with 6 airbags when compared to the past decade.

To be honest, I don't remember any Maruti Suzuki vehicle equipped with 6 airbags in the last 15 years which is really a shame. Even the most expensive XL6 (MUV), S-Cross etc do not get 6 airbags.

Also, if they offer AMT instead of CVT, again its a deal-breaker only for enthusiasts but not for the non-enthusiasts. They had to do this due to increase in new features which will make new Baleno an expensive offering. So, its a cost-cutting measure here. Also, mileage factor needs to be showcased which is their tagline.

In the end, its a good directional shift in features (most importantly safety) for Maruti which is beneficial for the consumer. Hoping all their new releases in the respective segments also receive these safety features.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 14th January 2022 at 22:29.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 23:13   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Six airbags and thicker grade of steel in the outer body panels?

Six airbags sound good, but thicker grade of steel for outer body panels ? First time hearing of such a change during a facelift. Almost like them admitting they had an image damage in the safety front. 6 airbags and ESP will do the job and look good in a brochure. And thicker outer body panels will convince buyers inside the showroom.

No comments on the CVT- AMT change, but Maruti sure knows how to do the wow effect with bigger screens and HUD et al
DicKy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 01:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
thicker grade of steel for outer body panels ? First time hearing of such a change during a facelift. Almost like them admitting they had an image damage in the safety front.
Maruti sure knows based on the feedback that a lot of the current owners of Baleno and Swift are unhappy with the wafer thin body panels, and many of the prospective customers pick a Hyundai or a Tata just for the same reason.

Moreover, when you competitors provide thick body panels that doesn't get dented by a tennis ball hit, you can't be using such inferior quality components forever!

I would love if newer Marutis sports solid body panels. Current Swift and Baleno are wonderful city hatchbacks, only let down being the dent-friendly body panels IMO.
Sherlocked is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 07:50   #90
Senior - BHPian

LOL Talk about about taking one step forward and two steps back!

That is what is going to happen if they swap the CVT with an AMT on the updated Baleno. Irrespective of all it's shortcomings, that AT drivetrain is what makes Baleno competent and these guys are going to remove that??

Here I was hoping for Toyota to slap the 1.2 CVT on the Ignis and call it the Rav1.5 or Land Bruiser. Stupid names aside, that would have made such a brilliant car for the city! And they do this!!

Maruti guys were living in a cave and Toyota seems to have dug a hole in there to make it go further dark and deep.
deetjohn is offline   (28) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks