Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2022, 08:44   #136

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Elite Ford has shutdown. Cauvery Ford and PPS Ford are equally good and I have had decent experience with both of them. You can visit either of them and you won't be disappointed. AFAIK, Elite Ford Mahadevpura's business is transferred to Cauvery Ford Hennur. And I've visited Cauvery Ford Hennur for my last 2 services, the most recent one being in November 2021 and the experience has been consistent. Just ask them to follow "Ford Service Promise" to carry out the regular service and you can politely refuse extras like polishing, coating etc.
Thanka got my service done by Cauvery Ford, Hennur. Also got the wind deflectors/Rain guard installed which were still in stock the original ford accessories.

Satisfied overall including the pickup and drop but one grouse; none of the service center offers in person service where I can be in the shop and observe things being done. I don't think it's a COVID thing do other car service providers allow this. Had done couple of times with my previous car from Hyundai. At best they can charge something extra for that but given the situation it would help allay all the worries of Ford owners probably a confidence building measure along with all the advert we are seeing on this.
mechadios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:21   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Ford Motor says eyeing India as export base for electric vehicles.

Ford last year pulled the plug on the domestic market but has still retained its two factories in the country.

Quote:
The automaker had applied for incentives under India's $3.5 billion scheme for clean fuel vehicles. Its proposal has been approved by the government, the company said in a statement.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2022 at 18:23.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:20   #138
BHPian

I just got my second (free) servicing done for my Ford Freestyle. Excellent service by PPS Ford (Pune), kept sending me photos and videos of the service - basically drained and replaced all the oils. Since the car had not done a lot of running, I told them not to do Wheel Balancing and Rotation. Total Bill came to INR 2392 for the cost of oil (Engine, Brake, Filter) and some anti bacterial treatment. Overall very professional, will take the car for a ride tomorrow to check.
saumitra_joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 21:22   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Ford last year pulled the plug on the domestic market but has still retained its two factories in the country.
Looks like we might get to see the Blue Oval on our roads, albeit in some another avatar. Speculation aside, it does makes sense somewhat for Ford too. They are way ahead in the electric segment in the US and going forward, making India as a base might turn out to be a prudent decision after all. Major players are already moving towards electric in a big way in this part of the world and they should capitalise now and leverage their factories for the same.
Old 11th February 2022, 22:34   #140
HTC
BANNED

I feel FORD should have mandated 'over the counter' sales of spares at their service stations. Now existing Ford car owners are at the mercy of service stations for critical repairs. Even if you get a competent FNG which can fix your car for half the price, still you are struck with FASS for genuine spares.

One more thing is the pestering by the authorized service stations for 10/10 feedback. They literally tell you give 10/10 score for the feedback. Looks like they need good rating for benefits from FORD (Not sure about it, but the way every FASS pesters me for maximum rating feedback, I feel so). In Goa, I was given feedback sheet. The service manager was looking at what feedback score I was giving. I gave 9/10 for 'timely working on vehicle' question. He immediately told me that my car was taken without booking and hence it should be 10/10. But the fact is that they took 2 full days to change clutch. I ended by giving 10/10
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 22:47   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
One more thing is the pestering by the authorized service stations for 10/10 feedback.
Had these same experience for my friends

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th February 2022 at 08:30. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion, Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 09:38   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
One more thing is the pestering by the authorized service stations for 10/10 feedback. They literally tell you give 10/10 score for the feedback.
I think it is pretty much the norm in India, where the service provider will wait and even direct the feedback.
Happened when I bought my Ecosport .
I had similar experiences with UrbanClap and Jio installation.
narmad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:03   #143
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I have an excellent experience to share with Ford and its dealer, PPS Ford, Pune regrading a warranty issue. I had a problem with my radio set right from the time I purchased but somehow I kept ignoring it, as I was streaming music using Amazon Music most of the time. However, after a year or so, my wife pushed me to get that fixed. I reached out to PPS Ford, Pune who told me that they would need about two weeks to procure a new ICE component from Ford.

In exactly two weeks, they contacted me that they had procured the part and happily changed it for me. As this was done under warranty, I was not charged anything at all for this. I am super happy that the problem was resolved in a very professional manner.

Despite Ford leaving, they seem to be doing a pretty decent job so far of supporting their customers, so far!! Hope for the same for next few years.

-Saumitra

PS: I was hoping against hope that they would replace my 2021 ICE with the 2018 version which had Sync 3, but alas, it was not to be....
saumitra_joshi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 20:21   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumitra_joshi View Post
PS: I was hoping against hope that they would replace my 2021 ICE with the 2018 version which had Sync 3, but alas, it was not to be....
The Sync3 was omitted from the Figo & Freestyle to keep costs under check when they were made BSVI compliant. It's indeed an excellent signature feature of Ford cars to date.

Happy to know that Ford is taking good care of their customers. Thanks for sharing your experience
denny_ace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 00:03   #145
BHPian

I had a gear oil leak due to a ruptured seal. I gave my car in the morning and collected it back in the evening with a 0 Re invoice as the car was under 4th year Extended warranty.

I also went ahead and got that top up EW for 5th and 6th year on offer.

Ford is not going anywhere for sure. I feel sorry for the people who gave in to the panic selling when the exit announcement was out.
r24x7 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:31   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford India drops plans of making EVs in India.

Ford has withdrawn its application from the Centre’s production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for export of electric vehicles.

Quote:
Consequently, the company will not use any of its existing facilities in India for this purpose. Speculation was rife that the Maraimalainagar plant near Chennai would be the right for EV manufacturing since reports have been doing the rounds that the other unit at Sanand, Gujarat, will be sold to Tata Motors.

With Ford now shelving its PLI plans, it remains to be seen what is in store at Maraimalainagar where production of vehicles will come to a halt in the coming weeks. Names of potential suitors like Hyundai and Ola have been doing the rounds for some months now but nothing concrete has emerged yet.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th May 2022 at 12:37.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:59   #147
Senior - BHPian

Got my Figo's 50k km service done at Hans ford Chennai, got my car back in 2.5hrs flat. Looks like dealer need to get as many 10/10 review as possible to get the full benefit of the agreed settlement with Ford, they made sure I was fully satisfied with the overall work before I took the keys, hope to keep the car as long as I possibly can.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 16:22   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Indonesia is the new found destination for major auto companies.

After Tesla, Ford shows interest to set up a plant in Indonesia.

Quote:
While Tesla’s CEO enjoys merrymaking with Indonesian officials, another American carmaker is rumoured to be interested in setting up a plant in the archipelago. Ford made its return to Indonesia in March 2022, 6 years after it pulled out of the market but like in Malaysia, its line-up is imported from Thailand.

Link
Old 19th June 2022, 00:45   #149
BHPian

Ford India just announced their 7 years / 1.5L kms warranty extension program via their Twitter Feed.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  64.7 KB

This is applicable to all vehicles within an active warranty (Factory or EW).

Price list can be found here -> https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

Personally, I find the pricing is on higher side. Present day Ford vehicles are pretty reliable and spares are in-fact dead cheap.

However if you are having that DCT Endeavor or BS6 Ecosports TDCi, don't mind the cost, just get it.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 03:40   #150
BHPian

After seeing all the posts here and also Leoshashi's OLX ads screenshot, I regret having picked up an Aspire as a project car.

Not because I don't trust the future of servicing and maintaining a small Ford or because the Aspire is a bad car (it just is not), but because I didn't realise that all BS4 small Fords (Ecosport, Freestyle, Aspire and Figo) were pretty reliable and reasonably cheap to repair.

I should've gone ahead and got me a nice pre-loved BS4 Ecosport Titanium Sports or Signature Edition for a killer price while some people were following the herd and panic selling their small Fords.

But alas, now nothing can be done. One saving grace is that the 1.5 in the Aspire has the same power and torque figures as the heavier Ecosport so it's more fun to drive, in my opinion. I have to comfort myself by reminding my brain of that fact.

Last edited by SaiSW : 1st August 2022 at 03:43.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks