Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 00:16   #106
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Hi folks. I am having a tough time with Elite Ford in Bangalore (they used to be pretty good) but post the big announcement they are under staffed and am struggling to get a response from them. Essentially I need a part ordered and replaced for which I have paid the advance. Now it's the usual me following up every week and told to check back after a few days which is getting a little frustrating.
Question - Is there any point of escalation to Ford now or is that gone along with Ford? If there is one for Bangalore or South India or all of India, I would really appreciate the coordinates.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th December 2021 at 09:54. Reason: Typo.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 08:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Question - Is there any point of escalation to Ford now or is that gone along with Ford?
First of all please note, all dealers have started stocking very basic and regular day to day parts. Anything offbeat, will have to be ordered.

Just send an email to custmail@ford.com
Please mention all the details and part number. They will definitely help.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 08:37   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
First of all please note, all dealers have started stocking very basic and regular day to day parts. Anything offbeat, will have to be ordered.

Thanks. Will write and check.

Totally understand that some parts have to be ordered. But asking you to come and then saying there is no one to work on your car. Make you wait for an hour and then after you keep checking they say part came damaged and to come next week. And then next week they say part has not come to check back again and so on.

Ford service used to be so good now I do understand they have downsized but customer service has gone drastically from good to worse.

Thanks much for the email address.
Old 11th December 2021, 09:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post

Just to update. This email ID helped. Thank you very much.
Ford has been responsive and is involved but parts availability seems to be a challenge for Ford now. Three weeks now and no visibility yet. Looks like this will be the case going forward for Ford customers.
Nimz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 10:51   #110
BHPian

My Ford 2017 Aspire 1.5 TDCi went for its 5th Annual Service in Kolkata.

The of the oldest Ford Dealer of India seems have cut down heavily on their staff, specially technicians / mechanics but being comparatively reputable and know for somewhat quality / honest work, there are no shortage of vehicles queuing up for service.

Although my appointment was for the first slot early in the morning (9:30) and being 4th entry of the day, it took the assigned Service Advisor till 10:45AM to start making the job card. Reason given -> Network issue, they were unable to operate their computers.

Mind you, I noticed as many as 6/7 SA operating & by 10:30, 25th booking of the day had arrived. Shockingly 5/6 numbers of actual technicians (mechanics) were leisurely shuttling between ramps. There were more helpers in washing bay than actual mechanics and similarly there were more drivers picking up and dropping cars than actual mechanics.

List of work I had,

1. General Service for the 5th Year -> Nothing extra needed, just the scheduled work as per 5th year and related kms. In my case, its just the simple oil & Filter Chance Service.

2. A/C was leaking water on the floor carpet. -> This needed to be fixed.

Even before I could mentioned my requirements, SA was clear with his side. With the man power he was having, even the simple schedule service would take a day or two.

Having no other choice, I agreed.

A day after dropping the car, I was informed by the SA that A/C evaporator seal needed to be replaced and evaporator (coil) needed some cleaning / service. And most importantly, warranty claim was approved by Ford India and it would be Free of Charge.

2 days after dropping, the car was ready for delivery. Rs. 4319 was the total bill, exactly what was shown in Ford India Service Promise website.

Initial impression of their work quality felt acceptable like always, but need to wait and monitor the water leakage issue.

Overall,

Ford India -> Even from their grave, Ford India is honoring their low maintenance / service cost claims and standing true to their warranty terms and claim approvals.

Service Center -> Heavily reduced Staff while accepting large volume of Service request. I wonder if simple oil / filter change periodical service takes 2/3 days, what will happen for critical mechanical work like clutch / suspension job or any accident related complicated repair work.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 14:12   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
My Ford 2017 Aspire 1.5 TDCi went for its 5th Annual Service in Kolkata.

The of the oldest Ford Dealer of India seems have cut down heavily on their staff, specially technicians / mechanics but being comparatively reputable and know for somewhat quality / honest work, there are no shortage of vehicles queuing up for service.

Although my appointment was for the first slot early in the morning (9:30) and being 4th entry of the day, it took the assigned Service Advisor till 10:45AM to start making the job card. Reason given -> Network issue, they were unable to operate their computers.

Mind you, I noticed as many as 6/7 SA operating & by 10:30, 25th booking of the day had arrived. Shockingly 5/6 numbers of actual technicians (mechanics) were leisurely shuttling between ramps. There were more helpers in washing bay than actual mechanics and similarly there were more drivers picking up and dropping cars than actual mechanics.
Similar episode at PPS ford Domlur, took 3 days for a regular service plus one issue related to the Audio. 1st day the SA told some story of power supply, 2nd day it was about the Audio, 3rd day I asked them to just return it with the regular service. There was sufficient staff loitering around.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 14:31   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post

Ford India -> Even from their grave, Ford India is honoring their low maintenance / service cost claims and standing true to their warranty terms and claim approvals.

Service Center -> Heavily reduced Staff while accepting large volume of Service request. I wonder if simple oil / filter change periodical service takes 2/3 days, what will happen for critical mechanical work like clutch / suspension job or any accident related complicated repair work.
There is a deluge of cars at Ganges Ford Calcutta these days. One of the main reasons behind this is the closure of workshops in the smaller cities like Durgapur and Kharagpur. In fact cars from as far as Dhanbad are apparently coming to Calcutta for servicing and mechanical requirements.

So I suppose we can expect delays in the days going forward. Many number of people from the showroom have been absorbed in the service center and that’s why one can see many drivers and helpers loitering around.

Also, Ford India is indeed being very proactive regarding the warranty claims and service promises, more so after their pullout. The assurances from the service center as well as from Ford regarding the service part in future is looking good as of now. I hope it stays that way in the days to come.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 18:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Ford India to retain over 90 percent of service network. Ford to continue service operations in 240 cities, out of the current 258 cities.

Ford has fixed prices for consumables and spare parts for next five years.

Quote:
for the rest 10 percent [of dealers], the discussions are continuing and not concluded.”
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 16:41   #114
BHPian

Don't think this has got anything to do with Ford exit from India, but service experience just couple of weeks back for my Ecosport has been a letdown in terms of turnaround time, although service workmanship itself was good.

Booked appointment at PPS Ford Bengaluru a day in prior, and as per service centre person's advise opted for "express service", which they promised will be done in couple of hours. Was ready to wait an hour more, arranged for a ½day leave at work, and presented my vehicle at exactly 9:45am.

To my dismay, my car was just shifted & driven around from one section to another in the entire morning session and was taken into the bay for interior/exterior 3M cleaning only, they didn't start ANY periodic maintenance related work on my car until 3pm! Whenever I queried the SA, I got vague answers like yessir, no sir, your car is next in line and so on. Had already showed him the checklist of works to be done as per manual for 6th year service at the time that I checked in, and he told no worries - all shall be done.

To make a long ordeal story short, got my car handed over after "express service" at 6pm, no less!

Bill came upto ₹8500 (including ₹3000 3M(?) interior cleaning/disinfecting + AC ducts disinfecting). All works were carried out to my satisfaction, including oil-change + filters/other misc components replacing.

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 16th December 2021 at 16:43. Reason: minor edits
KrisTvpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 18:50   #115
BHPian

Did the second service at Satyam Ford and the experience was awesome.

There was no issue with the car at all. The softwares were updated already, SYNC was updated. During the GJ trip last month drove on some really bad roads - at fairly high speeds - however, there is absolutely no rattle at all, the car is so well put together.

Coming back to service -

1. I reached 10 minutes early for my planned appointment of 9 am. The workshop was live and kicking, the GM was on the floor
2. Vehicle was taken at 9.15 am and I was in auto back home in 30 minutes
3. The car was ready as promised by 4 PM

Only disappointment I had was that they did not allow me bringing in the Castrol Fully Synthetic OIL vs Gulf oil Ford uses. But its understandable.

Pretty happy with Satyam Ford service.

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 16th December 2021 at 18:54.
Old 16th December 2021, 19:04   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Only disappointment I had was that they did not allow me bringing in the Castrol Fully Synthetic OIL vs Gulf oil Ford uses
No ASC would allow that, so nothing specific to Ford here I guess
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 07:00   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Only disappointment I had was that they did not allow me bringing in the Castrol Fully Synthetic OIL vs Gulf oil Ford uses. But its understandable.
Usually dealerships allow outside oil as long as you also buy from them. Toyota always use smaller packs like 4 & 1 ltr. They will put those back in your car if you provide your own oil. But you have to ask nicely

Not sure how can we manage with Ford, usually their dealers use Bulk containers. Full marks to Toyota to not allow bulk packs (yet!) I am not fan of the oil being used from those big drums.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th December 2021 at 07:01.
Old 17th December 2021, 10:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ford India to retain over 90 percent of service network. Ford to continue service operations in 240 cities, out of the current 258 cities.

Ford has fixed prices for consumables and spare parts for next five years.

Source
Was reading this the other day and that sounds like very good compensation. Plus with the payout for the lost service revenue being spread out, I'm sure it will be linked to service quality as well so as an owner this is good news that dealers have some incentive to provide good service.

Hats off to Ford for such fair compensation and ensuring their customers are not left high and dry
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 17:19   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
No ASC would allow that, so nothing specific to Ford here I guess
I used to get it done way back for my i10 at a Pune dealership. So was hopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Usually dealerships allow outside oil as long as you also buy from them.
Don't know if it makes sense but - I was initially thinking that I will replace the oil in 2-3 months with either Castrol or Mobil - thinking that the car will become really smooth based on my previous experience with these lubes.

However, the car has become so smooth after the service that I don't feel the need anymore. Drastic reduction in the engine noise!
Old 21st December 2021, 13:31   #120
BHPian

Sold my 2010 Fiesta at 194k on odometer. It served me well and sure new owner will have lot of fun for the bucks he paid. It was an herculean task to find a suitable replacement which can match the capabilities of Fiesta at certain price point.

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-fiesta.jpg

Fiesta was
  • Lots of fun, despite of having 1.4 Diesel, the way it delivers the power till 100 KMPH was amazing.
  • Perfect balance between ride and handling, so far the best car in terms of ride and handling I have owned.
  • Enjoyable hydraulic power steering – it’s a beauty on its own.
  • Pocket friendly running cost & Maintenance – on an average I used to get 20 KMPL mileage and maintenance wise I didn’t need to break my bank account.
  • Compact but had enough space for small family.
  • Decent build quality with ABS and Airbag, OEM leather seats, soft touch dashboard.

What we will be missing is a manufactured who had provided relatively safe, reliable, fun to drive and cost effective vehicle. We will miss you Ford.

To remaining few souls who are holding on to their Ford cars, despite of Ford leaving India, Ford diesel car commands good resale value. I was looking for preowned Ecosport Diesel or Freestyle to replace Fiesta.
Both Ecosport Diesel and Freestyle were quoted at premium pricing, there was no free fall of Ford used car values as expected. Depending on your personal situation you can take a call to retain or cash in when demand is high.

Picked up preowned S-Cross 1.6 to replace Fiesta, hope to have enjoyable ownership experience similar to my Fiesta

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-scross.jpg
rainmaster is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed