Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2023, 01:25   #181
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Finally some good news from Ford. Ford reconsidering their decision.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-11931881.html

Keeping my fingers crossed for them to launch the new Endeavour and break the monotony in the 50 lac price bracket .

Last edited by Peaky_blinder : 21st December 2023 at 01:26.
Peaky_blinder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 19:06   #182
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post

Keeping my fingers crossed for them to launch the new Endeavour and break the monotony in the 50 lac price bracket .
Judging by the amount of Fords still on the roads and pretty much every single Ford owner I know still holding on to their vehicles (me included), I'm assuming they won't have a very rough road back in the event they do actually return.
SaiSW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 21:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post

All this still seems to be speculative. No information from the horse's mouth. We still don't know what is their actual vision.
Old 31st December 2023, 19:54   #184
BHPian

I had a good experience with Ford service recently at GK Ford Raipur

First I had a prebooked 6th year periodic maintenance service which went smoothly. Service cost came to around 10k including brake overhaul and replacement of a non-working high mounted stop lamp. I also took one year RSA for around 1.5k. It was completely fuss free and professional.

After about two weeks of service, I left my car for about 6 days in the parking lot as I was out of station. When I returned, I noticed my car is completely dead, even the dash and cabin lights weren't coming on. I diagnosed it as probably a dead battery.

Promptly called up Ford RSA (provided by Allianz). Within 2 minutes I was able to register my complaint first via IVR and sms link and then via call. The service person arrived with a spare battery within 30 mins and jump started my car! That too at 9 pm at night. And my car was again fine!

This was a pleasant experience and I was reading the horrors of Skoda RSA on the other thread.

Most Ford owners are still satisfied with their cars and service even after 2 years of Ford leaving the country. I for one would gladly buy another Ford if they came back again. I am sure most Ford owners will agree.
Razor44 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:30   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Judging by the amount of Fords still on the roads and pretty much every single Ford owner I know still holding on to their vehicles (me included), I'm assuming they won't have a very rough road back in the event they do actually return.
Really wishing this is true and they are actually back. I recently saw the new Everest abroad and although it always gave the entry level Germans some kind of competition the new one just feels so good that it could give something even like the GLE a run for its money.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:23   #186
BHPian

Things seems to be headed in the right direction. The design of the new Endeavour patented in India. If launched , I reckon it will make a huge impact on the sales of the Fortuner.

https://www.motorbeam.com/new-ford-e...y-of-re-entry/
Peaky_blinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 09:27   #187
BHPian

Could this be a CBU import? Or would they actually make it here? I think it might be the former. But I'm wishing it's the latter.

Ford enthusiasts like me would still buy their cars if they return, but how will they gain the trust of the rest of the market. Them leaving proved that enthusiast sales along is not enough to sustain a business.
Old 5th January 2024, 10:20   #188
Senior - BHPian

^^ They are already making the 2.0L Panther engines (single & bi-turbo) at Sanand, so with the Chennai plant not yet sold, they can easily restart CKD with a little re-tooling.

The earlier gen. Endeavour was anyway produced at the same plant.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:08   #189
Team-BHP Support

if you look at Vietnam, Ford had a similar situation. No more viable cars. They brought in the Everst and it is working well.

Mind you, this is a JV so volumes are relatively low and justifies the JV approach.
Old 7th March 2024, 20:56   #190
Senior - BHPian

Earlier today, I saw images of the Ford Everest on a flatbed in Chennai. Rumours claim it was snapped on its way to ARAI. Anyway, if that wasn't enough, we now have pics of the Ranger being transported alongside the Everest. Some say that the duo was seen near Ford's Chennai plant but looks like we'll have to wait and watch before we're sure if any of these are going to launch here.

Images
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-ford-ranger-chennai-india-spied.jpg  

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-new-ford-endeavour-chennai-india-spied.jpg  

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-new-ford-everest-chennai-3-featured-image.jpg  

Old 8th March 2024, 11:39   #191
BHPian

A bird from Ford Business Services(IT side) states that Ford is joining hands with Mitsubishi. Not sure how much it is true

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks