Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 00:14   #76
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Looks like my car is reading my posts on Team Bhp. It was no more than 20 days ago when I commented that I hope the Ford dealerships stock the niche parts like the Suspension Components of the Figo S / Aspire S and so on.

20 days later at 49000 kilometers, I can now feel a metal clunk sound through the steering wheel whenever the right hand side wheel goes into a pothole at moderate speeds. The metal hitting metal clunk sound feels as if the rubber bushing of the suspension has given up or the tie rods are damaged. Not very sure.

Will go to the Ford dealership this Saturday and see what they can do. It will be my very first visit to a Ford Dealership after they announced their exit. So lets see what kind of a reception do I get now and if they have stock or can manage to source the suspension components of the S if any need to be replaced.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 8th October 2021 at 00:18.
Old 8th October 2021, 18:12   #77
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Received this prices in a WhatsApp forward. Not sure if it’s true but huge discounts are been offered to clear out old inventories.

Can anyone comment if this is true?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-77dce8451e1041eeb63b78cc2992beb2.jpeg  

Old 8th October 2021, 20:09   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Received this prices in a WhatsApp forward. Not sure if it’s true but huge discounts are been offered to clear out old inventories.

From being sold for 1 lakh "on" to being sold for discount of 3 lakhs, Ecosport jas come full circle.

However, I doubt if this pricelist is correct, seems too good to be true.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:

Did you get any further info regarding this? Or do you have any idea of the showroom/dealer it came from.
Old 8th October 2021, 22:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Received this prices in a WhatsApp forward.
Mouth-watering deals on whole lineup. Please confirm if you get any further information on this especially on Endeavour stock.
Old 8th October 2021, 22:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:

Highly unlikely. Owing to the DPF issues they stopped Ecosport diesel production long back. I too received a list albeit without prices from my SA. It contained VIN numbers, and all cars had its mileage mentioned. My guess is those were td cars.
Old 9th October 2021, 06:33   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This may or may not be true, but this forward will be in every used car dealers phone and would be used to quote rock bottom prices for those ford owners who want to panic sell.

So you know who might have made it in case it wasn't true.
ramzsys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 10:22   #83
Team-BHP Support

Seems like there is a deluge of Fords in the used car market. I did a search out of curiosity for less than 2 years old Endeavours on CarWale and saw at 12 listings posted for Mumbai alone.

These are nearly new Endys which are going to go at a disproportionate discount. If anyone has the appetite to buy a sparingly used Endeavour (I don’t) with a long haul ownership in mind, then this is a great time to take the plunge. I would recommend the best example as a 3.2 4x4 which is ideally BS4 and comes without the annoying 80/120 kmph beeps.

The best engine, the best variant and available for hopefully a great deal if one can find it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th October 2021 at 10:23.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 10:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I would recommend the best example as a 3.2 4x4 which is ideally BS4 and comes without the annoying 80/120 kmph beeps.
80/120 beeps is not an issue and can be taken off easily.

Quote:
The best engine, the best variant and available for hopefully a great deal if one can find it.
+1. The 3.2 4x4 Titanium is the best among all the variants of the Endeavours in India, except for the lazy 6R80 gearbox.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like there is a deluge of Fords in the used car market
Not surprising though, right?

Quote:
I would recommend the best example as a 3.2 4x4
I'd be a tad wary of them transmission failure issues, multiple examples of which have been discussed on this very forum!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 18:54   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
+1. The 3.2 4x4 Titanium is the best among all the variants of the Endeavours in India, except for the lazy 6R80 gearbox.
That can be taken care of to some extent with a remap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I'd be a tad wary of them transmission failure issues, multiple examples of which have been discussed on this very forum!
Only the initial batches before Apr-2017 were having the transmission issues and that too were covered under goodwill warranty by Ford.
Old 14th October 2021, 18:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Only the initial batches before Apr-2017 were having the transmission issues and that too were covered under goodwill warranty by Ford.
This is incorrect. Many Endeavours after April 2017 also have had transmission failures. Just because they have not been reported here, does not mean it did not happen. Just few days back there was a transmission failure on a 3.2 Endeavour December 2017 model. The issue still persists and Ford has not resolved it till date.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 14th October 2021 at 19:12.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 23:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Looks like my car is reading my posts on Team Bhp. It was no more than 20 days ago when I commented that I hope the Ford dealerships stock the niche parts like the Suspension Components of the Figo S / Aspire S and so on.

20 days later at 49000 kilometers, I can now feel a metal clunk sound through the steering wheel whenever the right hand side wheel goes into a pothole at moderate speeds. The metal hitting metal clunk sound feels as if the rubber bushing of the suspension has given up or the tie rods are damaged. Not very sure.

Will go to the Ford dealership this Saturday and see what they can do. It will be my very first visit to a Ford Dealership after they announced their exit. So lets see what kind of a reception do I get now and if they have stock or can manage to source the suspension components of the S if any need to be replaced.
So I went to the Ford Service Station on Saturday and had a technician test drive the car. The technician acknowledged that there is definitely a harsh sound coming from the front right suspension -90 percent of the time and the remaining 10 percent of the time from the front left suspension. The noise was the metal-on-metal grinding / sometimes clattering which could be felt through the steering wheel

They told me that owing to the large number of cars in the workshop, they would like to keep the car until Monday evening or I could drop it off on Monday morning. I chose the latter as I needed the car over the weekend. Before leaving, i reminded them that incase they need to order suspension parts, they should do so for the S variant.

Monday morning - I go back and drop the car at the dealership and take an Uber back home. Around 4:30, i get a call stating that my car is ready to be picked up but the receptionist had no clue about what was wrong with the car

Reaching the dealership, i found out that it was not actually the suspension but the steering rod which had worked itself loose inside the engine bay . It had come out of its casing and was banging away merrily every time the car went over potholes. No wonder, the knocking was felt on the steering; it was the steering rod itself which was clattering. They first took apart the entire front right suspension and not finding anything wrong with it, then investigated into the other elements which could be creating this loud noise

Test drove the car and it felt just right - they not only reinserted the steering rod into the casing but also greased the moving elements of the joint where the rod meets the casing. I had extended warranty and while they didnt change any parts -
I was still anticipating labour charges. To my pleasant surprise, the bill came to be 0

I would have gladly paid up whatever labour charges they had billed. But the fact that they didnt, made me happy to know that the dealerships are not on a charging spree knowing fully well that the Ford HQ now doesnt care. May be a very small signal, but i felt reassured that I will get the support, spares and technical attention i need for the car.

So that was the end of the story. My first visit to the Service Station after their exit announcement- for what was a significant issue which required investigation, technical knowledge and spares (if necessary). Glad to state, they got all of it right the very first time. The Aspire is now a silent car again at roughly 49200 kilometers.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 15th October 2021 at 23:48.
rahul4321 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:32   #89
BHPian

In our locality, villagers have bought 2 Endeavours (spotted both of them on the same day). Neither of them have a number plate and continue to be driven with temp plates. One is a Sport variant in Black whereas the other is Golden - the normal Titanium 4x4. Seems, not everyone is worried about service.

Endeavour was second favourite to these land owners after Fortuner.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2021 at 08:27. Reason: Grammar. Please proofread your posts before submitting them.
abhi_tjet is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:57   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Just an experience to share regarding Ford’s service after the big announcement. So, it happened that we friend's were on a road trip to Madhya Pradesh recently. At the fag end of the trip, we were travelling towards Benaras from Panna. After crossing Rewa and little after a small town named Mangawan, we were just around three hours away from Benaras. One of the cars in the convoy (Ecosport) had to be stopped in the middle of the road after passing a toll. The car suddenly started to vibrate violently the moment acceleration pedal was floored. Upon inspection it was found that the engine mount on the left side gave away and it broke off. The shocker on the right side also looked like that it was damaged.

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-9f85eeaed0964311bc2bb40dad7a6d09.jpeg

There was no way that the car could have been driven further ! It was in the evening that it happened and the first thing that came to the mind is calling the folks back in Calcutta. The Calcutta service guys were attentive and also video called us to get the gravity of the situation. Next thing, my friend dialled the FORD RSA and gave the relevant details. He already had the RSA and we decided to put it to use without any further delay. Since the car couldn’t be moved further without damaging the engine block, it was prudent to arrange for the tow truck.

From there onwards, the RSA guys took over and firstly gave the option of towing the car back to Satna which was about 90 odd kms from the place we were stuck. Since moving back to Satna meant that we would be further back towards MP, we decided to opt for Allahabad which was about 108 kms. Ford RSA levied a charge for the extra kilometers of 18 kms since we opted for Allahabad as because they would always take the car to the nearest service center.

Meanwhile, my friend had a talk with the BRIJ FORD service manager and he was helpful and attentive to the problem. He also said, that the part required is not with them but they would prioritise and order the same for a quick resolution. After waiting for an hour, the flatbed truck came from Rewa and was every bit professional in the approach. The RSA guys were in constant touch and called us every 20 minutes or so.

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-72c1ce6bce9f4479b0a77f9626b21edc.jpeg

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-a7323481fa594fb4b7bc95a3aa03504e.jpeg

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-94b478bdfa824fa5941b087335b2b1e3.jpeg

Even after the car was on the flatbed, the RSA guys were constantly calling us and reassuring us. They were also in the process of arranging for transportation to Benaras from Allahabad and were constantly updating us. I was pleasantly happy for the service that the RSA guys were providing.

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-2cefab7e78814e188129d37a4f9b160c.jpeg

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-b3ddfc863d0b4090acfb3f57dedbbcbe.jpeg

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-0ea3fc50d14b4a7b96da504bb59359fb.jpeg

Our journey continued and I followed the flatbed till Allahabad BRIJ FORD service center while the transportation was being arranged by the RSA guys. After handing over the car to the service center and documentation done, it was around 11.30 in the night. The alternate vehicle provided and arranged by RSA arrived and my friend then moved towards Benaras and reached at around 2 in the morning. The car is still at Allahabad ASC and they have told that the service and repair will be done under warranty. Just that my friend will have to go back to Allahabad to fetch the car back to Calcutta.

Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support-9c345ec991844d4aa022dbb3fbc4fd1c.jpeg

All in all, this experience needed to be told because of various shenanigans going around in the name of FORD service. Still early days, but I would sincerely hope that Ford continues to provide the amazing service that they are known for by now. It’s a pity that they had to cease production and sales here in India, the service still remains top notch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (51) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks