Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 11:19   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: I bought a used car from Spinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpirocks View Post
[*]Spinny refused to share an old insurance copy with us[/list][/list]Eventually, we decided to avoid the car as there was no trusted way to ascertain the history of such a car and why it was already on the market for resale. For the premium price Spinny is quoting, I expected them to be more transparent.
A car without valid insurance is the biggest red flag for used car sale. Unfortunately this is overlooked by many. Panels getting repainted is not a big thing. But many used car buyers only look for such cosmetic things. If a seller is genuine all service records should be readily available for inspection. I have no idea why it is thrusted upon the buyer to verify the records.
The mantra for used car purchase should be "If you are in slightest of doubt, walk away."

Last edited by poloman : 30th November 2023 at 11:21.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:23   #122
BHPian

I am quite surprised that on the day of taking delivery, The 5000 bonus which was promised has been revoked. This left a sour taste in our mouth ,
Old 17th December 2023, 10:29   #123
BHPian

I purchased a Tiago from Spinny in March-23. Here is how my experience was.

Until now I had been using Bajaj Pulsar in Pune but I started feeling the need to get a car. I have been a regular reader of Team-BHP and with all the knowledge, I started planning to buy a pre-worshipped car.

My search started with Spinny and after weeks of search, I found a 2019 Tiago Revotron XZ with an odometer reading of 52000 Km. during my search, I noticed that Tiago was selling like hot cakes and that is why, I immediately booked the available option by paying a booking amount of Rs 10,000.

Later I noticed that the car was already a second owner and I was going to be the third owner. This concerned by a bit but I still decided to go ahead with the inspection at service center.

The car arrived at my doorstep the next day and I took it for a spin. Found no issues during the drive. The inspection report from service center highlighter following points.

1. Car has been in a minor accident a couple of months back. The bumper and fog lights were changed under insurance.

2. No mechanical issues and the car had been regularly serviced as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.

3. I also got the phone number of last owner and I decided to call him. The second owner informed me that the reason for sale for the first owner was migration to US. The car was sold by second owner as he upgraded to a new car.

4. The car also had new battery and new tires.

With all this information, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. The payments were cleared and the car was delivered to me the next day. Overall experience with spinny was good but I did face some hiccups during RC transfer. This was sorted after an X (formerly twitter) post.

I completed eight months of ownership and I have driven 7000 Kms. I also took car for road trip to Nashik. The ownership experience has been trouble-free. The cost of first service was Rs 6000 with no issues highlighted. Here are some of the pros and cons as per my experience with Tiago

Pros
- Sturdy build quality.
- Compact and easy to navigate in traffic.
- Loaded with all basic features.
- Safe and proven safety rating.
- Stable at highway speed.
- Peppy performance
- Power windows can be rolled up after turning off the ignition.

Cons
- Noise levels
- I am obsess and I don’t fit very well in seats
- Mileage of 12 Kmpl in city.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: I bought a used car from Spinny-7829ce2fa5ba4279af36b7464499a235.jpeg  

Tiago_Boy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks