Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:52   #121
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery |Update: Now back Home

Dear all,

At the outset, want to thank you all for the tremendous support extended. The forum is really a great place for support and help each other out. Brings out the best of us in humanity.

It is with some relief I want to let you all know the vehicle has finally reached back home.

Steps for Resolution and sequence of events :
  • Wire harness and use box for fuel pump was received in the workshop from the plant.
  • Same was replaced and vehicle kept in sleep mode for the night.
  • Next day morning they did a test drive and informed all is OK.
  • For the next and final test drive, post lunch, I accompanied them and we took about 50 kms TD around Bombay.
  • The laptop was connected post the drive and rechecked. There were no errors.
  • Vehicle was delivered and at my request Mopar 3 years service pack, free of charge was provided by Landmark.
  • I took the vehicle and directly went to Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar (something I had followed for all previous cars but was yet to do for the Jeep).

Vehicle came back home and safely into the garage.

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-9d40dc7049fd4555b88a5a76e2a5c0b0.jpg

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-60a9db741ec041f7a486241f46c9c463.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd July 2022 at 19:11. Reason: Spacing, punctuation
vinitbhavi is offline   (158) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:07   #122
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery |Update: Now back Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Vehicle came back home and safely to the Garage.
All’s well that ends well. Good to hear that the car is finally back with you with a proper fix !

Forget all the bitterness of the past few days and the stress that you have gone through (I know it’s easier said). You have got a fantastic automobile; just keep munching miles with a big smile.

Good luck & have a blissful ownership experience.
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:09   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good to know of the resolution. Now use the Jeep extensively for a few days locally and then venture out for longer drives and 'Live to Drive'!
Maverick5490 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:11   #124
BHPian

Quote:
All's well that ends well Vinit. Glad the issues were owned by ASC on priority along-with offering you freebies because of the ordeal. I hope now you're satisfied with everything and the burden is off your shoulders.

How was your overall experience with the Jeep ASC throughout this breath-taking journey as the facts reveal when something goes wrong? Were they agile and co-operative in handling the concerns?

Wishing you millions of miles with only happy smiles.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Glad the painful trauma is done and dealt with .

Good luck in having a decent ownership experience truly enjoying the drive with zilch issues .
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:50   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Very happy to hear of a successful resolution: hope you now have many, many trouble free Km and can forget about the rough start.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:12   #127
BHPian

re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
All’s well that ends well. Good to hear that the car is finally back with you with a proper fix !

Good luck & have a blissful ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Good to know of the resolution. Now use the Jeep extensively for a few days locally and then venture out for longer drives and 'Live to Drive'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
All's well that ends well Vinit. Glad the issues were owned by ASC on priority along-with offering you freebies because of the ordeal. I hope now you're satisfied with everything and the burden is off your shoulders.

How was your overall experience with the Jeep ASC throughout this breath-taking journey as the facts reveal when something goes wrong? Were they agile and co-operative in handling the concerns?

Wishing you millions of miles with only happy smiles.

Cheers,
Amey
Probably the only silver lining in the whole incident.
The team at high levels did hear me out patiently and accepted the lapses from their end.

I'm keen to follow up to completion issues, especially with the 48 hrs. window on RSA. That is unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Glad the painful trauma is done and dealt with .

Good luck in having a decent ownership experience truly enjoying the drive with zilch issues .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Very happy to hear of a successful resolution: hope you now have many, many trouble free Km and can forget about the rough start.

Thanks for your wishes everyone. I will keep regularly updating on the performance going forward.
The part has been sent for Root cause analysis and once received will share the information here.

Seems the word has spread and few have started contacting me personally with their issues.
I will assist and provide whatever help I can with my experience gained here.
vinitbhavi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:57   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took the vehicle and directly went to Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar. (Something I had followed for all previous cars but was yet to do for the JEEP).
There's your root cause, don't repeat the mistake again

Wishing you happy miles with the Compass and do update after you sort out the 48 hour RSA issue.
shancz is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 20:32   #129
Senior - BHPian

Really happy to hear that you and your Compass are finally out of the woods. Now go out there and enjoy the car. It’s a great vehicle especially the 4x4 version.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 06:18   #130
BHPian

Quote:
It is with some relief I want to let you all know the vehicle has finally reached back home.
Was closely following this thread, can’t even begin to imagine the kind of trauma you had to endure.

Glad that things are finally looking up, and wishing you a trouble free and happy ownership experience ahead.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 07:47   #131
Senior - BHPian

Happy on the resolution. And good stuff to get additional warranty period.

Maybe time to hit the highways to get rid of a break down dear. Do a drive alone to begin with.

I’m sure you’ll start enjoying the car now. Cheers.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 09:54   #132
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Very glad the Compass is back home. Hope she's reliable now because the Compass Diesel is so much fun to drive!

Jeep India is closely watching this thread. Truth is, they want your Compass to now be reliable more than you do!! A 3rd breakdown will be heart-wrenching for them more than you. This thread is now at 100,000 views. Am sure they've given your Compass a complete & comprehensive check.

Go lift your mood with a breakfast drive to Lonavla this weekend (Buvachi Misal) or lunch (Sunny's Dhaba). You'll come back grinning . Keep the Waze app open for the speeding cameras.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2022 at 09:56.
GTO is offline   (66) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:01   #133
BHPian

Re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Congratulations for getting your car back. Wishing you a trouble free ownership experience.
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:04   #134
Senior - BHPian

Super news Vinit. Glad the car is back after that agonizing moments. I hope and somewhat sure that your car must have been an eye opener for the service/sales folks and no other Jeep owner faces these difficulties. As suggested by others go for a spin but within the approachable distances and free the engine and yourself from the past burdens.

Looking forward to meeting you in person and the car soon.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:05   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very glad the Compass is back home. Hope she's reliable now because the Compass Diesel is so much fun to drive!

Jeep India is closely watching this thread. .
That's the real deal about the forum. The stakeholders do listen and watch out. @vinitbhavi Enjoy your Compass, all indications are that things have been pointed in the right direction in terms of your ownership experience !
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed