Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 09:34   #61
BHPian

re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Sorry to hear about the series of incidences which you had to face within a first week of ownership.

As far as I can recollect I have read more (or only) horror stories of living with a Jeep Compass than pleasant experience. The reliability of a Jeep compass is seriously in question.

I hope the issues get sorted out in your vehicle and you get fuss free ownership.
Apex1815 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 09:40   #62
BHPian

re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. No doubt Compass is a well engineered car but such an experience on new car leaves a bitter taste. The support of the dealer and company in such a situation makes all the difference to the ownership.

Hope the issues are resolved soon and you get get back to what you love doing.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 09:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Quote from famous Scottish philosopher Thomas Carlyle comes to my mind when I read your comments.

Speech is silver. Silence is golden.

Please take it in the right spirit.
I didn't understand what you are trying to convey from this quote. It's not related to the issue being discussed.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2022 at 21:11. Reason: Please use the report post function if you find any post objectionable
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:04   #64
BHPian

Dear all,

Thank you all for all your love and support.
This is the true power of the community. I truly feel I'm not alone in the ordeal.
Some are offering me their spare cars. That is the best gesture as a car owner / enthusiast one can offer.

Update , the required part has reached service center and hope for rectification soonest.

The company provided me a loaner car late last night and have used it for my daily commute.

The MT is an absolute rocket. This has brought a smile to my lips as I'm back doing what I love to the most.

I do not need any more negativity in life and for all those comments , I have no answer but to say, "Hope you don't have to go through this ".

My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home-whatsapp-image-20220719-9.11.22-am.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th July 2022 at 21:33. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
vinitbhavi is offline   (87) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:12   #65
BHPian

Absolutely shattered to hear your ordeal @Vinit, hope you get a satisfactory resolution at the earliest. May I ask if you had done a proper PDI? Other than the rattle did you face any issues during the very brief time spend with the car like rough shifting? Jerks? Heat warnings? Battery warnings?
During the first breakdown resolution did you get any error codes?
I don't know how to cheer you up man but we are all with you and a fellow enthusiast going through such a situation breaks the heart. The attitude by both Jeep India as well as the dealer is nothing but arrogance and for the lack of a better word shockingly down right pathetic.
Please keep us updated and hopefully you can bring a change.
@vinit, you mentioned required part was ordered, could you please be more specific?

Last edited by milu2fast : 19th July 2022 at 10:22.
milu2fast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you get a resolution at the earliest. However it would be unfair to criticize Jeep for this unfortunate incident. A few lemons do pass through the stringent QC checks in place even at the most technologically advanced manufacturing facilities.. Unfortunately, you were at the receiving end of this one.

The Compass is one of the most beloved cars in the Team BHP community. Multiple posts are there which talk about the Compass being the best real SUV on sale in India. The build quality is far better than the competition.

I hope the dealership is able to solve all the teething troubles to your satisfaction. Expecting a full refund or another brand new car would be unrealistic.
Let me start with - . To Jeep, the dealer and the above comment from a BHPian.

I fail to understand your point sir. So a few lemons are OK from Jeep. And the said owners of the said lemons shouldn't even complain on an auto forum. If I were in his situation, I would have raised hell and given sleepless nights to everyone remotely related to Jeep.

As a thumb rule - lets all remember - The mighty (and nasty) manufacturers have an army of lawyers to give us the run about. Let this esteemed forum not be a part of that group.
Naetik30 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:29   #67
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I'd say dump that junk of a jeep and get yourself a used Fortuner/Endeavour. At least the threat area is known for the Endeavour and can be preemptively fixed (torque converter flex plate) and none for Fortuner.
vredesbyrd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:35   #68
BHPian

Sorry to hear your ordeal @vinitbhavi. Did you happen to write to Jeep India on the transmission oil leak and subsequent break down? I my view, Jeep should get directly involved in such cases. When they charge premium for their cars, the customer experience too should be premium.

For the second issue, you mentioned the required part has reached service center. Could you please help share the details they mentioned regarding the second issue?

Hope you receive your car sooner.
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Dear all,

This is the true power of the community. I truly feel I'm not alone in the ordeal.
I am glad things are progressing for you. It's sad to see a brand new car in a workshop trust me I have been there before just like you. However do not give up your hope and dreams. Hopefully this is the last of the problems you face. Before heading for another long drive I would suggest you drive the car within city limits for a week or two and clock up miles. This will give you back your faith in the car. Do not give up because of these two incidents.

Good Luck.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:39   #70
BHPian

So sorry to hear about this. Brand new car breaking down within 48hrs of delivery is just
Add to that the BS about RSA not being active for 48hours! I wonder what the management at FCA is doing/thinking? They can’t just let the dealers make fool of a customer who is supposedly buying a premium car.
I wonder why don’t we have anti lemon law in india? On one hand we are getting things like mandatory 6 airbags, Bharat NCAP in the pipeline, what’s the hold up for the law? We regularly hear horror stories about poor QC and car breaking down very soon in the ownership with companies and dealerships taking no accountability what so ever.
midazolam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:14   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Update , the required part has reached service center and hope for rectification soonest.
Which part has failed? What was their explanation for the current issue?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,

Some are offering me their spare cars. That is the best gesture as a car owner / enthusiast one can offer.

Hello Vinit,

Can you please share more information about the part that failed?

Thanks!
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:49   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Please keep us updated and hopefully you can bring a change.
@vinit, you mentioned required part was ordered, could you please be more specific?
Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
For the second issue, you mentioned the required part has reached service center. Could you please help share the details they mentioned regarding the second issue? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Which part has failed? What was their explanation for the current issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Hello Vinit,

Can you please share more information about the part that failed?
Dear all,

As per my understanding and communication, the problem is in the wire which is connected to the fuse box, as the fuel pump, is not getting current from the same. So the entire wiring harness is being replaced, .

Have told them the replacement of the harness is important, but also the fuse box as same would have got damaged.

Also, to extensively check Battery.

Lastly take as long as required and check everything as required for as long as it takes.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th July 2022 at 08:59. Reason: corrections, please proofread before posting. Thanks. Adding for clarity on the problem.
vinitbhavi is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:55   #74
BHPian

I have 3 things to say here:

1. This thread is turning out to be a major negative press for Jeep - as multiple owners are mentioning QC related issues with Compass and Meridian.

2. Jeep has a perfect opportunity to gain (some) positive press - fix the issues with Vinit’s car upto his satisfaction and sort out their RSA issues. There’s no better promotion than a happy customer himself.

3. The second car at my home - Celerio is due for a change now (Crossed 75k kms) and Jeep Compass was the top contender due to it’s perfect size (XUV700 and Safari are too big for our requirement). Now after going through experiences of many fellow BHPians - will reconsider other options quite seriously.

@Jeep India - if you are reading this - You are going to lose quite a handful of prospective customers if you don’t get your stuff together and back on track.

@Vinit - Really pained to read about your poor experience. I hope you get your car back soon and get back to enjoying what you love.

Last edited by TwerkyC0ffee : 19th July 2022 at 11:57.
TwerkyC0ffee is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Vinitbhai-I’m hoping this puts a lid on the topic and you’ll get to enjoy the car to its fullest post the parts change.

It isn’t easy being in your shoes. Ages ago, I had an incident in my one day old Tata safari that had a clutch related problem and got stuck at 4th gear (or 5th, I forgot) over a weekend and at a remote place. The big difference was that the Tata motors service advisor was continuously on the phone with me, he managed to get me to a nearest service centre, got them to open on a Sunday and managed a ‘jugaad’ that could help me drive back the 120km home and changed the entire parts after I returned home. Post that, I enjoyed that safari for a full 1L km.

I’m sure you’ll have a good time too with your car. Hopefully the service Centre learned the basics of customer service from your incident and are mending themselves.
jkrishnakj is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks