Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2022, 12:58   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023

More CKD and CBU products on the cards going ahead for Skoda India.

Quote:
Although local production of the Superb and Octavia sedans is likely to be discontinued, the company will bring the models in as completely knocked down (CKD) units or completely built unit (CBU) imports to cater to the demand in those segments.

Also, the company is expecting higher allocation for its top-of-the-line premium Kodiaq SUV in 2023, which will be able to capitalise on the strong demand in the high end market.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th November 2022 at 12:59.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 14:15   #137
BHPian

hi all, has anyone found any sweet deal for the outgoing Superb? I am in the market and actively looking at buying one before they close the bookings.
Old 27th November 2022, 14:39   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
More CKD and CBU products on the cards going ahead for Skoda India.

Source
I was under the impression the Octavia was already a CKD, brought in as broken down kit form and assembled here. Is the Octavia a heavily localised product?
Old 27th November 2022, 19:56   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I was under the impression the Octavia was already a CKD, brought in as broken down kit form and assembled here. Is the Octavia a heavily localised product?
Octavia have always been CKD, other than recent VRS which I believe was CBU
Old 28th November 2022, 02:26   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Octavia have always been CKD, other than recent VRS which I believe was CBU
Alright as I thought, although I am confused still then because of the Autocar article excerpt above which stated:

Quote:
Although local production of the Superb and Octavia sedans is likely to be discontinued, the company will bring the models in as completely knocked down (CKD) units
Old 4th December 2022, 11:17   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quick question for those sitting on the fence, have the dealers been offering any deals or discounts on the Superb off late?
Old 4th December 2022, 11:44   #142
BHPian

As of now - no discounts in Hyderabad. Checked 5-6 days back. Went for a test drive for Octavia with One of my friends.
yogeshb18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 12:22   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Don’t think anyone has any ready stock to begin with, so discounts won’t happen.
Old 5th December 2022, 14:17   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
As of now - no discounts in Hyderabad. Checked 5-6 days back. Went for a test drive for Octavia with One of my friends.
Ok dealer in Gurgaon offered some 2 lac worth of offers, including service pack till year 4 and the top of the line insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Don’t think anyone has any ready stock to begin with, so discounts won’t happen.
Local dealer (Gurgaon) has ample stock and offered me the following. Also note this is just 1 dealer out of 7-8 that are there in NCR (likely more). I guess competition is good and Superb is not their fastest moving product. The impending march deadline might result in some great offers coming up if stocks last.

Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023-screenshot-20221205-2.14.38-pm.png

Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023-screenshot-20221205-2.14.49-pm.png
quickdraw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 17:10   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The impending march deadline might result in some great offers coming up if stocks last.
That Sportline in Steel Grey with black accents is just divine and so Euro . If we were in the market for a new chauffeured sedan, would have gone for this eyes closed.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 17:18   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
That Sportline in Steel Grey with black accents is just divine and so Euro .
A friend of mine, has gone ahead and added JapanRacing SL01 19x8J Alloys to his Steel Grey Sportline and it looks drop dead gorgeous !!

Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023-70e48d509c6c4f05a557b9a16ecb883b.jpeg

Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023-83f5eceacd874996831930720b481e36.jpeg

https://instagram.com/47sportline?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=
CEF_Beasts is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 23:11   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Ok dealer in Gurgaon offered some 2 lac worth of offers, including service pack till year 4 and the top of the line insurance.
Can you please share the dealer’s details? I have called almost all the showrooms of NCR and none of them were interested in giving any kind of discounts. And those who had the stock only had the l&k. I am also in the same boat as you are. Looking for a new or used superb.
Thank you
Old 6th December 2022, 13:57   #148
BHPian

During my purchase around the end of September, got an INR 1.xx Lacs discount on ex-showroom price + self purchased insurance with all inclusions (dealer was willing to match the quote), no push for any accessories on a Škoda Superb L&K Moon White with cognac interiors (exterior colour choice restricted by the interior colour that was a priority for my purchase decision).

The dealer is Zedex Skoda, Patparganj, New Delhi. Have had a great experience dealing with the sales advisor. They had ample stocks of Škoda Superb around beginning of October for both L&K and Sportline trims.

Please feel free to contact Mr. Somin Halder: +91 7011096363 (Sales Advisor) for latest deals / stocks available at their dealership. All the best with your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
Can you please share the dealer’s details? I have called almost all the showrooms of NCR and none of them were interested in giving any kind of discounts. And those who had the stock only had the l&k. I am also in the same boat as you are. Looking for a new or used superb.
Thank you

I haven’t managed the time to write an initial review of the car, however, suffice to say that in the daily grind of a mad-mad world, it’s an oasis of calm—so taking the Superb out on the roads each time for a drive is an absolute bliss, despite the horrific NCR traffic conditions. Hoping to write more on my purchase and ownership experience soon..
Sen_auto_sation is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 09:25   #149
BHPian

Just realised that since the reason for discontinuation is the 2.0 TSi engine, this means that even Tiguan and Kodiaq will get affected and their sales too may stop as all these models have the same engine.

Skoda and VW will then only be left with MQB-A0 IN products plus any CBUs they want to bring in.

Makes sense, doesn't it?
Old 16th January 2023, 11:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Just realised that since the reason for discontinuation is the 2.0 TSi engine, this means that even Tiguan and Kodiaq will get affected and their sales too may stop as all these models have the same engine.
My understanding is that they do not have the same engine, atleast not the exact same specification.
I forget the engine code but the Tiguan and Kodiaq come with AWD and run a completely different engine spec, despite on the surface being a similar 2L in displacement and having the same BHP and Torque figures etc.
This different engine spec adheres to the upcoming emission/regulation change and hence they comply thus will continue to be offered on sale through MY23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks