Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 14:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

If they price it along CRV and X-trail, it is going to be another flopshow. In that segment, only CRV has been successful. I wouldn't pay 25L for a crossover SUV from Mitsubishi when I can get a CRV for 23L. If Mitsubishi is serious about Indian market, Outlander should be sold below 20L (on road price).
Old 14th July 2007, 11:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Any updates more updates on this? Is it worth the wait or is the new CR-V a better option?
I wonder if at all it will launch this year beacuse Mitsubishi will be killing their own 2.8L Pajero which sports around the same price tag. Logically the outlander will be launched once the old gen Pajero is discontinued.
Old 14th July 2007, 12:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

pricing makes an important factor for success or failure of any new launches, for Suv's anything beyond 15L becomes 'niche' and the numbers dont add-up for success and then these importers/ manufacturers feel that they are not selling enough to continue.
Old 14th July 2007, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

@Saahil: Outlander wont kill the Pajero. Firstly the price of the pajero will be dropped to around 16. Secondly Outlander will be priced above 20. How do I know, you ask? well Mitsubishi has planned to be play as a niche market player.

And which is better between the CR-V and Outlander? Check out this links.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/ctc/blog/?p=141

"In terms of ride feel and comfort: the Outlander drives very much like a typical sedan. When compared to its competition, I would liken the Outlander to the Honda CR-V; if you are in the market for an SUV/CUV that drives very much like a car, the Outlander should be very near the top of your list."

cars.com: New SUVs | Faceoff: Compact SUV

Outlander vs. Cr-V vs. RAV4
Old 14th July 2007, 13:17   #20
BHPian

EVO for 50 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb1 View Post
They should launch evo here!!
Well,.. read in the times a few days back that they are considering The Evo , but at close to 50 lacs . Must be nuts.

The article mentioned that this would be a Boxter competetor.
I dont know man,..may be 15 or even 20 lacs but 50 for an evo !!!
Dont think they'll get many takers. Its more like a suicide call !
Old 14th July 2007, 15:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
@Saahil: Outlander wont kill the Pajero. Firstly the price of the pajero will be dropped to around 16. Secondly Outlander will be priced above 20. How do I know, you ask? well Mitsubishi has planned to be play as a niche market player.
Sorry it still doesn't explain how you believe that the Pajero price will be dropped to around 16L.

Quote:
And which is better between the CR-V and Outlander? Check out this links.
Outlander vs. Cr-V vs. RAV4
Launching a good product is not enough. If that was the case, Palio would be one of the most successful cars. Until Mitsubishi gets their act together and show commitment to Indian market, its not gonna fly.
Old 14th July 2007, 15:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

If they drop the pajero's price and bring the outlaner's prive around the CR-V's, they will lose both the pajero customers as well as the outlander customers.

Pajero resale will drop further and it will go the cedia way. Then people wont be ready to pay 22L for a mitsubishi SUV being sold by HM.
Old 14th July 2007, 15:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If they drop the pajero's price and bring the outlaner's prive around the CR-V's, they will lose both the pajero customers as well as the outlander customers.
I totally agree. Besides, there is no reason for them to drop Pajero prices. Both of them are so different from each other, there isn't much overlap in the target segment other than the price. Having two models in the same price range is not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 14th July 2007, 15:20   #24
HSV
BHPian

In Australia, I remember the Outlander, CRV, Rav4, and Vitara were in one segment (below the Pajero and Prado), and the Pajero and Prado in another segment above them.

So it doesnt make sense placing the Outlander above Pajero in India!
Old 14th July 2007, 15:46   #25
BHPian

HSV

Which pajero are we talking about the one which is sold internationally or the one which is sold in India. The one in India is a 98 model with a stupid 2.8 L engine which cant go beyond 150 kmph. So the Indian Pajero has no class and it should be sold well below the outlander.
Old 14th July 2007, 16:11   #26
Team-BHP Support

ranc, we are talking about the indian pajero that is 98 model. the one sold abroad is renamed as the montero here.

HSV, you are talking about the Latest gen pajero which is sold as the montero here. The OTR price is approx 38L, which will be well above the outlander.
Old 14th July 2007, 17:45   #27

I could not wait any longer and booked the Honda CRV- with the manual transmission . with due respect to Mitsubishi , I personally feel that the new honda CRV is relatively better than the Outlander . But i really appreciate Mitsubishi for bringing the Diesel version and i don't understand Honda's Logic of not bringing Diesels to India . According to Honda , most of the other manufacturers must be out of their mind to have Diesels in their gamut.
Old 14th July 2007, 19:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Vid: you are also talking about the latest Outlander at the same time. Its competing with RAv, CR-V and x-trail everywhere. Why do you think will mitsubishi let the old man Pajero do the fighting? what price would you tag for the OUtlander? If its more, it wont sell and if its less it will be stupid to price it cheaper than pajero2.8. And its also stupid to price both at the same price.

Pajero is old and it makes sense reducing the price. Every car goes through this cycle. Pajero 2.8 wont be facing anything new.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th July 2007 at 19:47.
Old 14th July 2007, 22:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Well,.. read in the times a few days back that they are considering The Evo , but at close to 50 lacs . Must be nuts.
50 lacs for an Evo . R u sure or waas it 15 lacs ?

Is Mitsubishi coming up with a Diesel Outlander ?
Old 18th March 2008, 20:10   #30
BHPian

Any news on when the outlander will be launched in india?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks