Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 17:33   #121

gto, do you have any info as to when the new gv is to be launched? I went to the local maruti dealer yesterday to enquire about the gv. They have sold just 1 gv since its launch!! And no, there is no test drive vehicle.
Old 1st October 2008, 17:38   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
You have quoted 19.79L for the Manual, but the Outlander is an Auto.
I quoted what was there in ACI. Didn't check with Honda but I remember the price being 19.20L on-road last I checked with Honda.
Old 1st October 2008, 17:40   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
By the way, those Honda and Suzuki lovers should also check it out to understand what SUVs should be. CRVs are "supposedly" SUV in India and lesser I say about Grand "Pitara", better I am.
I was fascinated by outlander and even was considering one (not any more) as there were reports suggesting that it could be priced around 15 lacs. During that time I did enough research and went through comparisions. What I gather is:
  1. Offroadability is better than CRV but falls behind GV
  2. Ride is slightly better than CRV but not as involving a drive with considerable bodyroll and steer torque
  3. Overall refinement level is behind CRV

Last edited by Guna : 1st October 2008 at 17:58. Reason: spelling
Old 1st October 2008, 17:50   #124
BHPian

theres no doubt mitsu has gone wrong in pricing this. even if the outlander was the same price as crv, it would have been tough to beat the crv.

at a price higher than that of the crv, i doubt it is going to make any waves.

of course the equipment levels are higher, and I am seriously considering this (unless the ride and quality is below par) - But - Indians are and have always been pro-Honda!

test drives start on 10/10, according to the chennai dealer. but the showroom display unit comes in on 3/10. So am going to check it out then.

Last edited by BikerSG : 1st October 2008 at 17:53.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:52   #125
Senior - BHPian

Idea

I have an idea guys!! May be we should link these cars with MCX as commodities.. in a hope that their prices come rolling down like gold and silver or better as the stock market.. Or may be Govt control prices of cars like they trying for Cement.

On serious note, the second step companies like Mitsu and fiat are having their second chance for Indian market. If they don't do it perfect this time then it might be hard for them to even keep their face-up in India. Sure its not fun time for them, it is important for them to become very attacking to majors like Honda, Suzuki and Toyota and plan their strategies to shake their grounds. Not to leave it easy for the majors to laugh on their moves and just pat them off from shoulders. It was so easy for Mitsu and HM to gain grounds based on this one model only if they could have added a nice value for money factor in it.

Price of Outlander simply not justified. They've lost yet another customer due to bad pricing. Headlamp washers seriously not needed, if that could bring the price down and such many more things. When they can sell it lower then CRV in USA then why not in India?

And yes, no point complaining for GV. Its price justifies everything or anything short in it.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:54   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Outlander to be positioned between Pajero and Montero. Price range is around 30 lacs

Source: Hindustan Motors to launch SUV in Indian market- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
This is good news for Honda India.
Old 1st October 2008, 19:00   #127
Team-BHP Support

Rs.30L? Forget GV, it is time to stop comparing with CRV and Captiva too.
Old 1st October 2008, 19:11   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Rs.30L? Forget GV, it is time to stop comparing with CRV and Captiva too.
What did you say to forget? What are you compairing with? What Outlander.. can't remember.. already forgot.

(Hope the ex showroom price is correct at 20. If they bring out at 15 then will have to eat all the words back.)
Old 1st October 2008, 19:12   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think Mitsubishi India senior management should occasionally come out of the cave they live and and see the changes in the real world. Lancer and Pajero were the stars of their time, but the competitive landscape has since then.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:21   #130
BHPian

Launched!

Hindustan Motors launches Outlander SUV - Express India
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:58   #131
BHPian

NDTV Profit ticker - "HM plans to sell 100 units of Outlander every month". That is wishful thinking at 30 lakhs!
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:17   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
NDTV Profit ticker - "HM plans to sell 100 units of Outlander every month". That is wishful thinking at 30 lakhs!
Huh? where did you read 30 lacs? The link I've given says 20.2 lacs ex-showroom.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:23   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Its priced at 20 lakhs not 30
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:53   #134
Senior - BHPian

Other than the price I think every aspect of this car is good. I specially like the thought behind the policy to offer latest product from Mitsubishi to Indian Customers. We always keep bashing companies that they are not offering us latest and best, at least not this time. Price wise I think they have not compromised with product and there might be many causes which we don't know, otherwise I don't think that assembling 100 units/month will keep them so much busy that they don't get time for lunch.

They know its over priced therefore such low target, therefore I feel its not in their hands. At least we have one more good SUV on offer in Indian market.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:31   #135
BHPian

20 Lakhs, man seems like Mitsubushi wants to recover their US losses from India. Man its too much. Seems like they know they cann't make it in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks