Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 15:18   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open

Although aesthetics are subjective, but this will be one of the most attractive little CSUVs in the entire range. Punch, C3, and Fronx are surely going to feel the heat.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st May 2023 at 09:32. Reason: A word
GhostGrid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 09:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Exter rear profile revealed in new teaser.
The rear design somewhat reminds me of the old Santro Xing or Terracan, curvy and boxy at same time. But somehow, the Exter's rear design seems better than the Punch and C3.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st May 2023 at 09:32. Reason: Typos
Gautham_v6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 06:26   #123
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hyundai Exter claims this.

Hyundai EXTER will be India’s 1st sub 4-meter SUV equipped with 6 Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Curtain & Side) as Standard across all trims.

Is this true?

Doesn’t the Jimny, being a sub 4 metre SUV, already offer 6 Airbags across all variants?

All said and done, based on these pictures I see, I like the looks of this Hyundai Exter a lot. It looks very quirky and nice. Rather like one of the matchbox cars that I had as a kid.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th June 2023 at 06:30.
Old 12th June 2023, 18:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India announces Hardik Pandya as its brand ambassador for EXTER.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-hardikprmobile.jpg

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-20230612_180708.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 12th June 2023 at 18:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 12:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Leaked! First look at the Hyundai Exter's interior

The first images revealing the interior of the upcoming Hyundai Exter have leaked online. The sub-4 meter SUV will be launched on July 10 and will compete with the likes of the Tata Punch and Citroen C3.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-hyundaiexterdashboard2.jpg

The dashboard layout of the Exter looks fairly standard when it comes to modern Hyundai cars. It has a rectangular single-piece unit behind the steering wheel that houses the digital instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system. The head unit also has a set of physical buttons.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-hyundaiexterinstrumentcluster0.jpg

The Exter will get a 3-spoke multi-functional steering wheel. A closer look reveals the car will come with cruise control. There's even an option to change the instrument cluster language to Hindi. Other features include an electric sunroof, a dashcam with dual cameras and a Burglar Alarm.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-hyundaiextersteeringmountedcontrols3.jpg

The Exter will be offered with three powertrain options. These include a 1.2-litre petrol engine paired with a 5-speed manual and AMT and a CNG version equipped with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-hyundaiexterinstrumentcluster1.jpg

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th June 2023 at 12:19.
TusharK is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 12:30   #126
BHPian

This surely is one handsome looking car from Hyundai. Just curious to know, how will Hyundai position this feature rich small SUV below the Venue. There will surely be a wide overlap with many variants of Venue.

Last edited by Knightrider : 13th June 2023 at 12:32.
Knightrider is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 12:33   #127
AYP
Senior - BHPian

This looks like the SUV version of the Grand i10. The interiors are strikingly similar with minor differentiation like the dials from the Verna.

Even the Venue from the inside has a lot of similarities with the i10 but Hyundai does a better job of masking it. With the facelift especially, the similarities with the Grand i10 have reduced even more. Going by the expected price of the Exter, I guess it did not make much sense for Hyundai to differentiate the Exter from the Grand i10. But due to this, the interiors lack the 'new feel' which we expect from a new launch.

Good to see good integration of vernacular languages with the MID and the infotainment.
AYP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 13:34   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
There's even an option to change the instrument cluster language to Hindi.

Attachment 2463319
It's not just Hindi, they are providing support even for Marathi! While both use Devnagari script, the language is actually quite different. Good job Hyundai!
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 14:23   #129
BHPian

Looks nice. Thanks for sharing these. As someone said and as an owner of the Nios, I see a few Nios elements playing their parts. But certainly an upgrade. Infact, we are contemplating replacing our Nios either for this or the face-lift i120 Nline.

The connect version I'm assuming, will have a lot of bells and whistles especially compared to the new Verna and will be pleasantly familiar to both standing in my garage. Will take a call once the prices are out and see the car in the flesh.

I only wish they plonked the same 1 litre Turbo engine like they did with the Nios but gave it an automatic. Though I used to be a manual fanatic, Bangalore traffic has changed me making me a stickler for automatics
Old 13th June 2023, 15:18   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hyundai EXTER will be India’s 1st sub 4-meter SUV equipped with 6 Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Curtain & Side) as Standard across all trims.
Is this true?
Doesn’t the Jimny, being a sub 4 metre SUV, already offer 6 Airbags across all variants?
Quoting myself hopeful of an answer from someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Exter Compact SUV bookings open-img_2762.png  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 22:19   #131
BHPian

Hyundai should be a case study of how to absolutely nail the launch of a car in crowded segments in hyper competitive market such as India. Exter looks absolutely smashing from every angle.
vellatechie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 23:06   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai India announces Hardik Pandya as its brand ambassador for EXTER.

Attachment 2463122

Is this way Of EXTER 'Punching' punch?

Anyway, Exter has all the elements a first time car buyer expects in the sub 10 L segment, better interior / features and engine compared to the segment leader.

This segment is getting hotter than the likes of Venue vs Nexon.
Old 14th June 2023, 08:45   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Quoting myself hopeful of an answer from someone.
AFAIK since Jimny has a 1.5L engine, it technically doesn't fall under the Sub 4m tax regime (read as GST).

So, while the length of Jimny is under 4m, the GST tax is not [it attracts GST 28% + Cess 15% = Total 43% [making it fall in the Creta / Seltos tax bracket ]

Therefore, Hyundai isn't wrong in stating 1st Sub 4m car with 6 airbags as standard
Old 14th June 2023, 08:53   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Hyundai should be a case study of how to absolutely nail the launch of a car in crowded segments in hyper competitive market such as India. Exter looks absolutely smashing from every angle.
Agreed.
Just wondering about how the performance of this AMT will be on Highways. In city for sure its a no brainer.
But then, AMT seems to have got the reputation overall of being inferior to CVT and TC.
Old 14th June 2023, 09:26   #135
BHPian

After Ioniq, this is another clean design from Hyundai. And what a great set of features. I am on the hunt for a pre owned Ecosport AT for quite soemtime without success. This looks interesting except for the AMT, any comments from existing Hyundai AMT owners please.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks