Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Honda Civic or Mitsubishi Lancer??
Honda Civic 176 65.43%
Mitsubishi Lancer 93 34.57%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 11:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

I would choose, NONE of the poll options, i rather get myself a oil burner like the Optra TCDi which is as fast as the Civic & Cedia and will make you smile at the fuel station.

I voted for Cedia for the sheer VFM it offers.

Only if Mitsu bring this fast here the Civic is not going to enjoy the sales as it does now.

Last edited by BUSA : 10th July 2007 at 11:42.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

its again a perspective... some like civics some like cedia's. but like it has been pointed out before, comparing civic to cedia is not correct. Cedia is in the 8-10L range and civic is 12+ range.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I would choose, NONE of the poll options, i rather get myself a oil burner like the Optra TCDi which is as fast as the Civic & Cedia and will make you smile at the fuel station.

I voted for Cedia for the sheer VFM it offers.

Only if Mitsu bring this fast here the Civic is not going to enjoy the sales as it does now.
As I had mentioned in the TD report, optra is a nice car to be driven in. It is NOT a driver's car. There is no way you can throw an optra around the corners and expect traction. It has good straight line acceleration but handling is quite a few notches below the civic, forget the cedia. But yes as a practical everyday car, the LT version is probably the best buy.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:59   #34
BHPian

I own a Civic, but I voted for the Cedia !!! When I was in the upgrade process for a new car, the ONLY reason I went to the Civic was for the re-sale value that it would fetch 3 years down the line, considering that my car is leased with the company. This is where I felt the Cedia is let down by the poor association of Mitsu with HM.

Sometimes, we do have let the mind rule the heart, each time I see a Cedia on the road, I have a lump in my throat for an opportunity missed.

I love the Cedia with a pearlish white colour, it looks much better than the Corolla or Civic in their equivalent shades.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2007, 14:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Civic anyday - just the frontal mean grin look is so awesome. And the side profile - especially in black.

Busa, thats a nice car. But as long as Mitsu is partnering HM, its a hopeless story.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody think it will be effective enough to start a petition here to ask HM to bring in the latest lancer quickly?
Old 10th July 2007, 23:09   #37
Team-BHP Support

Voted for the Civic.
Don't get me wrong. I love the Cedia (and Mitsubishi for that matter) - handling, braking, ride and build are all pretty good. But, the Civic is just amazingly futuristic. The interiors, the exteriors, the superslick gearchange, and the performance can leave anything else in the dust. Also, the after sales service and resale value of the Honda are better.
Old 10th July 2007, 23:47   #38
BHPian

for me its civic....cedia cannot match civic...also in matter of sales .....we dont see a lot of cedia`s on the road ....
Old 11th July 2007, 00:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Does anybody think it will be effective enough to start a petition here to ask HM to bring in the latest lancer quickly?
I am in for this, thats a nice idea
Old 11th July 2007, 00:31   #40
BHPian

yes I am in for the petition to HM - why not petition straight to Mitsu - let them know we in India, get almost the latest cars from honda, et al and mitsu gives a 3-4 yr old cedia and an even older 84bhp lancer. We need the new lancer in all its 2ltr 150bhp glory and also the new evo 2008 whenever that is launched elsewhere
Old 11th July 2007, 01:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

ok, the petition is up. Hope I am not going against forum rules. now if there are more than 50 members we can have the media take notice of it (keeping fingers crossed). :-)
Old 11th July 2007, 10:45   #42
BANNED

Before I start polling , I would like to point out that Mitsu motors viewpoint and Honda view points are totally different . In India Honda has the view point that bringing the latest cars will boost up sales ,irrespective of the VFM , because Indians would pay just because its a honda and they are made to believe that they are getting the latest technology from Honda . To rpove this take a look at the Honda 2 wheelers as well ..they are also over priced compared to Yamaha or Bajaj in similar categoery

Mitsu motors on the other hand is definitely not run by HM as everyone thinks so . I have been to the HM-Mitsu factory at tiruvallur and believe me there are japs all around . Japs from the mitus factory in japan are there in place .I had been there when the factory was being started and trail production commenced . Right from the manufacture,planning everything is done by the japs and HM is just a sleeping partner in the process .

Any latest car to be manufactured needs a lot of tooling and imports . One way to cheaply produce cars is to bring is phased out models so that the body tooling ,dies , etc can be imported and produced cheaply or models which are produced in volumes in other countires to lower the cost of production and then promote it . I believe the cedia would cost 2 times the price if it was the current model produced .
Now , who does not respect the lancer or the 3 star diamond logo in india ?I feel mitsu has a much better brand image compared to Honda ,thnx to Jacike chan ..LOL

Incidentally , I have been seen newly registered lancers over the past 6 months .

Anyways ,to sum it all up , I prefer the cedia because I cant drive slowly ,I do tight cornerings , and do not brake at potholes/speed breakers like a cab driver .
Old 11th July 2007, 11:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

greatmana- do you mean to point out to the late 90's or is the same practice followed even today? maybe the japs just jump in when the new product is being homologated and then they run back home after their game is over.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:29   #44
BANNED

well, the cedia isnt a 90 model car for sure ..hehe .

I have a feeling Honda is playing the space age factor and mitsui is playing the VFM factor .
Old 11th July 2007, 14:24   #45
BHPian

devarshi - where is the petition - or is it this thread itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks