Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Honda Civic or Mitsubishi Lancer??
Honda Civic 176 65.43%
Mitsubishi Lancer 93 34.57%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 00:55   #106
BHPian

is it true that cedia is better highway car than civic??
Old 17th August 2010, 11:50   #107
BHPian

Lancer GT - More for less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
in Dubai i have a 2006 civic which i have driven 120000kms till date and im looking for a change of vehicle.

option 1. sell old civic and buy another one. new civic full option is 83000 dirhams.

option 2. sell old civic and buy new 2009 lancer GT (NOT cedia!). its 72000 dhs full option.

new lancer GT is 2.0 litre engine with paddle shift gear and 155 bhp compared to civic 1.8 litre 138 bhp!

i have posted the photos of new lance in my earlier reply in this thread.

the new car, whichever i buy will not be driven as the old civic was driven to cover 120000kms! the new car will be hardly driven 5000-10000kms a year!

let me have your comments and advice.cheers:
@Parm

As a proud owner of Lancer GT I would advice you to buy the GT. I've had an instance where I ripped an 2010 Accord driven by young local guy in a drag to 80 kmph (because of radars) on Jumeirah beach road, not once, thrice in consecutive signals. Paddles are great in these situations. I could hear his tires squeal but my fellow just took off. And boy, the local was pi**ed.

CVT drone will put you off in the beginning, but you will get used to it. Rockford audio will compensate for the engine noise and will put all the OE audios in other cars of the same class to shame. The only thing I miss is a USB inteface, but there is an Aux input.

My car is now 80k+ (in less than 2 years) and I never had any issues with the car. Now the price is only 69K. You will not get a better car for this price. This is my second GT as I lost my previous one a freaky accident. I am alive because of this car.

PM me if you need more details.

Last edited by jaguar.runs : 17th August 2010 at 12:04.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:54   #108
PCS
BHPian

D Segment king is ALTIS !!!!!!!!!!
Old 17th August 2010, 11:59   #109
BHPian

This poll looks pretty out of sync now. There are much better cars for consideration in this "D" (isnt it called C+ ?) segment now including Cruze, Altis petrol and diesel, Laura, Jetta etc..
Old 17th August 2010, 23:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
is it true that cedia is better highway car than civic??
Havent driven the civic on Highway but the high speed stability of civic is almost as good as that of cedia. Cedia is raised for extra ground clearance but still has excellent stabilty at high speeds, because of a little stiffer suspension and an extremely balanced chassis. The civic on the other hand despite of soft suspension at the rear has lower GC compared to cedia and hence manages to remain planted even at speeds of over 180 even on stock tyres.

Cedia definitely is an excellent highway runner but I can say that civic too will be equally good if not better.

PS: we have both cedia (mine) and civic (cousins) at home.

This certainly is an old thread and wont add much value since the market scenario has changed since then. @Mods, I believe its better to lock it.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th August 2010 at 23:52.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:08   #111
BHPian

I feel that the cedia is a generation behind the current civic. Internationally, the cedia is now replaced my a more modern model as well. I guess the market says it as well.. the civic outsells the cedia thanks to

- the honda image and recognition
- better interiors and a more modern shape
- better service spread
- known resale value
Old 18th August 2010, 10:11   #112
BHPian

The Cedia is a generation behind the Civic sold in India. Internationally, there is a newer model of the lancer as well.

Besides, HM messed up the great start that they had with Mitsubishi image in the late 90's. They are nowhere now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks