Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2023, 17:08   #121
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look

Hi, although pricing make no difference on its sales number as it is likely to sell under 1000-1500 units per month, but I will be happy if Citroen price it 9.99 lacs ex showroom for this single trim on sale by them.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 18:01   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi, although pricing make no difference on its sales number as it is likely to sell under 1000-1500 units per month, but I will be happy if Citroen price it 9.99 lacs ex showroom for this single trim on sale by them.
The C3 Turbo comes b/w 8.3-8.8 lakhs.

Considering the additional kit, and higher taxes, there is no way the top-end trim will be at 9.99.

Their competition is Creta / Seltos's naturally aspirated base (10.9) and second base (11.9) variants.

I will not be surprised if it's launched anywhere between 11.5-12.5 lakhs.

There is a lot of kit missing in Hyundai/Kia base variants and this is where Citroen's appropriately kitted Aircross might steal some customers.
ashutoshb is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 18:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's like having your fly open at your own wedding reception.
Hope the car does well. We need more competition. Citroens are superbly engineered (love the C3 turbo-petrol and its suspension), but they're missing the market on features & pricing.
Citroen in perfect 'Harakiri' mode! Typical of this European brands in India: "Take it or leave it" Attitude...No automatic, no 6 airbags , no to so many features, another 'El Cheapo' edition from Citroen! To top it all no dealerships and no reach into the market! Indians would shun Citroen like 'plague'...
Old 2nd August 2023, 18:09   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The C3 Turbo comes b/w 8.3-8.8 lakhs.

Considering the additional kit, and higher taxes, there is no way the top-end trim will be at 9.99.

Their competition is Creta / Seltos's naturally aspirated base (10.9) and second base (11.9) variants.

I will not be surprised if it's launched anywhere between 11.5-12.5 lakhs.

There is a lot of kit missing in Hyundai/Kia base variants and this is where Citroen's appropriately kitted Aircross might steal some customers.
Hi ashutoshb - If I add additional tax on 8.8 lacs, they can launch Aircross at 9.99 lacs that's what I felt when I typed my last message. It is very much doable and for Citroen it is a game of survival in India
Old 2nd August 2023, 20:51   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
AT will be coming. Its introduction is not far.

Six airbags will be introduced as per Indian regulations (I presume when the six airbag rule comes into effect).

The car complies with the 64 kph test.

https://Youtu.be/bcZ9tvxr7dk
He keeps emphasising about what the customer would want, and prioritise within a certain budget. He says if they asked many customers, that within this budget what is important to you, and their answer would be exactly what features are there in the C3 Aircross. I therefore expect the pricing to be keen.

If they had launched a base variant, I would have expected that to be priced under the 10 lakh ex-showroom mark. However, they are launching the topend variant and looking at the feature set, I would expect the pricing to be close to 12.99 lakhs ex-showroom for the launch variant . This would leave room lower down the range for more barebones base an mid variants in MT and also room above for future automatic variants till the 15 lakh mark.

He also remarks that they’re expecting serious volumes for this car. Pricing this vehicle on par with other competitors such as the Creta, Seltos, Taigun etc is not going to give them the kind of volumes they want. Therefore, I expect there to be some shock and awe factor in the pricing. if this vehicle is actually launched at one lakh less than the above i.e. 11.99 lakh ex-showroom, for the 5 seater, it could create that kind of effect in the market, as, at that price point, one can only buy barebones manual transmission variants of other cars in the segment. 5+2 seater could be a lakh more.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd August 2023 at 21:03.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 23:57   #126
BHPian

The base price of the Citroen C3 Aircross should be at least 1 Lakh lower than the expected base price of the Honda Elevate (assuming Honda positions it below Korean brothers in terms of pricing). However, I don't believe the C3 Aircross will directly compete with Korean or Japanese brothers. Instead, it seems more likely to compete with the lower variants of the Honda Elevate in the manual section.

Undoubtedly, the Citroen C3 Aircross will cater to the enthusiasts. Its suspension is remarkable, surpassing its segment and even outperforming competitors like the Seltos. One has to drive C3 to believe what it is.
Old 3rd August 2023, 07:10   #127
BHPian

Creta E is 10.9L, EX is 11.8L & S is 13L. This car will most probably release in three comparble variants (live, feel & shine). C3 Aircross Pricing should undercut above Creta pricing else no one will consider this car! How much discount can Citroen provide to entice Indian buyers need to be seen. I believe there is not lot of room for Citroen given the tax structure. Probably 20-30K. Will it enough? I am not convinced.

Last edited by Comrade : 3rd August 2023 at 07:12.
Old 3rd August 2023, 07:20   #128
BHPian

How is such an underpowered car termed an SUV? May be because it has 7 seats? Another dud from Citroen for sure, like the earlier two.

And this bristling discussion on NCAP 5 star rating is quite interesting. May be some of us believe that 5 star is the bare minimum that we should start with, everything else, features, engineering, drive comfort, space, service, maintenance costs are secondary. Others, possibly a much larger group believes that all these are important and a 3/4 start rating should suffice.

Assuming that those who look at safety as one of the things in selecting a car have limited understanding or are careless may not be correct. If the 5 start rating was the base qualification then all cars across the world would have been mandatorily 5 star. They are not. Safety rating has its importance but may not be above all. And if it is an optional selection then let us not assume that consumers and the wisdom of the masses have no value.

Koreans or Japanese sell poor quality cars here by design, implying consumers are not so discerning and literate may also be questionable assumption. They optimise what they sell, price, value, conditions, all come into play. They are here for long term and to make money not had over unsafe cars putting our lives in peril. They sell what they believe we can afford. Yes they won't push in safety features voluntarily as they make are expensive and consumers did not ask for these earlier. Now people do and they have added. They are not altruistic and nor are home grown brands.

My belief, purely my belief, is that home grown brands go deep on safety rating because they know they don't have too many USPs to beat the competition. Not that they are patriotic or care more about our lives as they are Indian, may be they do, but this is business and they may worry about top line and bottom line more.
neerajku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 07:53   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajku View Post
How is such an underpowered car termed an SUV? May be because it has 7 seats? Another dud from Citroen for sure, like the earlier two.
Not getting into the SUV classification because only 3 or 4 cars are truly SUVs as such, but 110 Bhp, 190NM torque for a 4.2m car? I would think that is quite decently powered.Especially compared to the NA engine powered cars that the competition offers.
fhdowntheline is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 09:22   #130
Senior - BHPian

Some shots taken by Evo India.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look-363371866_18295237153184069_4358427181333051397_n.jpg  

Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look-365044570_18295237141184069_3037432855034602490_n.jpg  

Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look-363393220_18295237132184069_4492125584828166440_n.jpg  

Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look-364791104_18295237096184069_4357026071800981772_n.jpg  

Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look-364798612_18295237075184069_8577922890642156277_n.jpg  

Citroen C3 Aircross : A Close Look-365119929_18295237066184069_257460281317774891_n.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 19:05   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What's with the ugly square white surrounds in the airdam? It looks awful, like a pair of buck teeth!!

Quote:
Six airbags will be introduced as per Indian regulations (I presume when the six airbag rule comes into effect).
Reading between the lines, the launch version will not have six airbags! Don't really like the lack of confidence in his words when talking about safety but hopefully, they do well when it's tested.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 3rd August 2023 at 19:11.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 22:02   #132
BHPian

Citroen sold only about 400 cars in July 2023. Writing is on the wall.

First they launched a budget hatchback with no tachometer and rear wiper.
Then they didn't even specify it's crash ratings.

Then they launched the electric version of that budget hatchback. But with air cooled battery.

And now this bare bones crossover which is supposed to compete with Creta, Kushaq, Hyryder and Elevate somehow even though it's realistic rival is Ertiga. I mean even Ertiga is better kitted than C3 aircrosa if we're being honest.

Some people are talking about how Indians don't value driving dynamics. That's true. Why would a middle class uncle go to a car dealership and ask for a car whose steering is calibrated like a sports car? He wants comfort and peace of mind.
And Citroen, just like other FCA products, is very unreliable.
Just ask any European.

Last edited by blueather : 3rd August 2023 at 22:02. Reason: Missed detail
blueather is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 10:55   #133
BHPian

I just love the looks. This is a good looking solid European car, something which has been missing from the Indian markets. Wish they had specced it a little better for it to be able to sell. Looks like a dud, given the lack of airbags and simple features which are commonplace now
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 11:29   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Unlike C3, they are equipping C3 Aircross decently. According to ACI, Citroen is equipping this car with the following features:
  • Halogen headlamps
  • LED Daytime Running Lamps
  • 17-inch diamond cut alloys
  • Front fog lamps
  • Dual-tone paint shades (optional)
  • Removable third-row seats
  • 10.25-inch touchscreen
  • 7-inch digital instrument cluster
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
  • 4 speakers + 2 tweeters
  • Steering mounted audio, phone controls
  • Connected car tech
  • Manual AC with heater
  • Roof-mounted rear AC vents (7-seater only)
  • One-touch auto up/down for all four power windows
  • Keyless entry
  • Electrically adjustable wing mirrors
  • Tilt adjustable steering
  • Manual height adjust for driver’s seat
  • Rear defogger, wiper and washer
  • Rear centre arm rest (5-seater only)
  • Dual Airbags
  • ABS, EBD, ESP
  • Hill hold assist
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • Reverse camera and sensors
So, pricing is going to be the deciding factor.

Game now moved on, from Nexon and Brezza segment to the next segment. Once a segment with limited options to choose from, is suddenly exploding. Now one will get to choose from Maruti, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Skoda, VW, MG and Honda, the only players missing are Tata, Mahindra, Renault and Nissan. Interesting developments in the segment.
Halogen headlamps and manual AC are not features. They're a necessity.
And ABS and dual airbags are required by law.
And many of these features listed by you like fog lampa, dual tone paint, 10 inch infotainment, etc are already present in C3 hatch. So no, they're ot decently equipping C3 Aircross.
blueather is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 12:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueather View Post
Halogen headlamps and manual AC are not features. They're a necessity.
And ABS and dual airbags are required by law.
And many of these features listed by you like fog lampa, dual tone paint, 10 inch infotainment, etc are already present in C3 hatch. So no, they're ot decently equipping C3 Aircross.
Very true, reading through that list, I was surprised at many of the 'features' that were mentioned.

Halogen headlamps. Ok, what option did they have to lower costs? Candles?

But I am still thankful that Engine with liquid cooling, fuel tank, radiator, etc. are not part of this long list of features
aravind.anand is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks