Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2020, 23:17   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
FC renewal for my father's Swift 2005 KA 03 RTO.:
I have to get this done for my 20 year old Qualis. At end of year 15, my wife got this done quite easily in Chennai, now thinking will send her again . She did not pay anything other than the regular fee. Will report back her adventure maybe in July, since all documents are extended till 31st July.
Old 27th May 2020, 10:18   #212
BHPian

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

I have an Alto that will be completing 15 years soon. I had taken a loan from UTI bank to buy it while in Pune. The loan was paid off after moving to Bangalore. I don't remember the original loan number and now after approaching Axis Bank, they are unable to find the account number.

Is there anyway I can get the noc from Pune and transfer the registration to another state? What other alternatives do I have? Although the car still runs well, I am worried about running a car without a fitness certificate after 15 years.
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:15   #213
Senior - BHPian

Folks;

I have a 1972 Fiat 1100D in Bangalore. The car is registered in Kerala State. I moved out of India on April 2017. Fm tharian looks after the car for me, in Bangalore.

It was an oversight on my part. The car's fitness expired 3 years ago, along with its Road Tax certificate. My father approached a Kerala RTO agent who said there is no way a fitness can be done without the vehicle physically present. Remote vehicle inspections are no longer done. I have to cough up almost Rs. 20,000 for the over due on fitness, related fines and Rs. 500 every month from now onward's and for however long fitness renewal is delayed. The car has valid insurance and my dad just paid up for Road Tax. However; this does not make the car road legal. Sending the car on a truck or train is an option but that is the last resort I want to consider. I don't see myself travelling to India for another 8-10 months, in order to take this up.

What are my options?

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 2nd June 2020 at 12:17.
Old 24th August 2020, 22:07   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

MoRTH extends validity of motor vehicle documents till Dec 31

15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)-20200824_220625.jpg

Last edited by Leoshashi : 24th August 2020 at 22:09.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 22:37   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Attachment 2047251
Does this mean I can still do something about my Tucson which is expiring on 27 August???

Quote:
Yes.

My 800's 2nd renewal was due around March. But due to this COVID, all documents are now valid till 31st December 2020.

Regards,
Shashi
Great. Thank you.
These Rto guys are singularly unhelpful, or just stupid. I went last week and came back with the understanding that I was out of time. However, the first notification that has come extending the deadline to 30 Sept came in June, but they didn't inform.
I mean, I am part of a small subset, of educated Indians, and even within that, an even more minuscule subset of people who are on the forum, and that's how I came to know about it.
There are about 28 lac vehicles which came under the ngt heel, and I wonder how they'd know about this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extension of the Validity (1).pdf (582.4 KB, 305 views)

Last edited by mayankk : 24th August 2020 at 22:50.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 22:43   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does this mean I can still do something about my Tucson which is expiring on 27 August???
Yes.

My 800's 2nd renewal was due around March. But due to this COVID, all documents are now valid till 31st December 2020.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:08   #217
BHPian

Quote:
So my wife's learner's license was due to expire on 20th August which we didn’t get a chance to renew or convert to a regular driving license.
Does this notification automatically mean we can go in for the driving test any time before 31st December and still get the license ?
If the above is true, it will be of great help as the situation outside in Bangalore is still not good enough to risk going to the RTO for a test in a shared vehicle.

Any thoughts or guidance here ?
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:12   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Does this notification automatically mean we can go in for the driving test any time before 31st December and still get the license ?
Yes this is correct, my DL expired in April and i have now initiated the renewal with an appointment this Saturday at the RTO. My Toyota Qualis has crossed 20 years in June and i need to get the FC done too. I am in Chennai and understand this could be true in other states too.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:33   #219
sgm
BHPian

Good move as this will help a lot for people who are not in a position to do visit(s) to RTO.
In March 2020, our Corolla MT was turning 15 years old and we made 7 visits (Feb & March) to complete the FC renewal without paying any bribe, so it really upset me. I am disgusted at the attitudes of some of the RTO guys in one of the RTOs in Bangalore.

I had to renew my DL before Oct 2020 and my wife's DL by August, so I visited once after doing all the required stuff online but the RTO guys did not entertain me as they were loosing their cuts from the agents. There was hardly any rush, still I went through an agent in the next visit and got my wife's DL renewed. For me, I got the first application form cancelled and made a fresh application again for my DL via an agent as I realized that these guys are going to give excuses and make you run around. The Covid situation made me take this decision of not doing it myself but rather go via an agent, else they are going to push you from one counter to another counter and sometimes multiple visits. I did not want more rounds of being pushed around and decided to be t peace of using the services of agents.
Old 28th August 2020, 12:42   #220
Senior - BHPian

My old bike, second generation Bajaj Pulsar completed 15 years in Dec-2019 and I did the paper work in Jan-2020. Since I had the old booklet, it got converted and I got a smart card. However I did not get a Fitness certificate (applied through an Agent). Now when I used Digilocker, I could download the RC and the Fitness certificate separately. Is this Fitness certificate official? Why did the RTO not issue it to me earlier for my records? Any updates.
Old 30th August 2020, 19:58   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Folks;
My father approached a Kerala RTO agent who said there is no way a fitness can be done without the vehicle physically present. Remote vehicle inspections are no longer done.
Do you have any update on this issue of yours.

I have a similar issue that my TN registered 2 wheeler registration expired this February. I and the bike is in Bangalore. Is it MUST that the vehicle needs to be presented at the home RTO for renewing the registration? I have no clue when I will be able to carry it to Chennai to do that in this situation.

If I do not or not able to take it to Chennai: Apart from not being road legal, what are the implications? Can I not scrap it also in Bangalore or de-register?
Old 30th August 2020, 20:43   #222
BHPian

AFAIK, it is a MUST for the owner to be present for signature and photo and also the vehicle should be present during the time of inspection.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 11:12   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Do you have any update on this issue of yours.
Not really. The car has to be present at the Kerala RTO for fitness assessment.

The car is in Bangalore and in use by FM Tharian. Have paid road tax and I will keep paying that. There is no fitness certificate. With every passing month from now, Rs. 500 fine is going to be charged for as long as fitness is not done. Nothing much I can do as I am not in the country and it is going to be no less than a year before I make a trip to India to sort this out.

There used to be a process where the State RTO for where the car is registered could ask the RTO of where the vehicle is operating to do a fitness assessment of a vehicle and report back. I fail to understand why they scrapped this process. This would have made life so much easier for those who wish to use their vehicles longer than 15 years.

I guess you could scrap the vehicle and de register but you'll still need to visit Chennai to hand over papers or show evidence of the same. Before you do anything, confirm what I've said with the RTO. Knowing the way we operate, we are not known for making a process easy. There has to be some inconvenience to it.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 31st August 2020 at 11:17.
Old 6th September 2020, 21:45   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
19. That's it. You are done. Now I will wait for 15-20 days.

Thanks.
Update on my saga:
I collected my updated RC yesterday.
The acknowledgement receipt mentioned 23 June as process completion date. I was tracking the application status all the time and saw that it was approved and completed on 02 July. But smartcard printing as "pending". By end of Aug smartcard was printed.

For some reason KA51 never delivered my RCs on post ever, even when they collected stamped envelope. Maybe postal stamp scalping scam could be behind this.
Yesterday went to the clerk and showed him my acknowledgement and he immediately handed me my RC without any questions.

All this without paying a single rupee as bribe. It feels like an achievement.
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 11:19   #225
Senior - BHPian

Heard (rumours) that FC/RC renewal cannot be done for Commercial and Diesel vehicles anymore in Bangalore. Any confirmation?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks