Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 14:41   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Selling a motorbike with expired registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
1. This should be re-registered, insured, serviced and sold. In that case kindly suggest the approximate cost of getting this done vis a vis the possible selling price to make this a worthwhile exercise
or
2. Don't bother wasting more money on this. Just scrap it.
If you want to sell it, then re-registration is required. Since there is a gap, there will be a penalty too.

A buyer will look at the validity of the papers. There are instances of (members) buying a bike with expired papers and then having to pay penatly to get it in the clear ( since they had already spent money buying the bike).

If you are scrapping it, then ensure it is scrapped properly and not used in a way that you end up in a problem.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 14:48   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

If you could find a buyer who is ready to buy in As-is where-is condition, it's a win-win for both. He/she can get the bike mechanically fit and appear for retest & name transfer (as I did for one of my RX)

Quote:
1. This should be re-registered, insured, serviced and sold. In that case kindly suggest the approximate cost of getting this done vis a vis the possible selling price to make this a worthwhile exercise
or
2. Don't bother wasting more money on this. Just scrap it.
1) Fitness renewal fee was revised from last December. Penalty upto 2016 Dec will be few hundreds (couldn't recall the actual amount) and from 2016 Dec, it will be 300 INR per month. Plus the Green Tax, Insurance, Pollution check, etc. It should cost around 3k. Service cost depends on the condition of bike.

2) I suggest not to scrap a YBX. Use it as a donor bike (if you don't wish to spend on getting it road worthy)

PS: We have a similar discussion here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4171793
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 15:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

I'm in the same boat with my Splendor. I do not know of trustworthy scrapping agents, so it would be standing still at my house or re-register and use occasionally. Do not know what the penalty will be in Kerala.
Old 30th March 2017, 15:54   #109
BHPian

Will re-registration require insurance as a pre-requisite? or will insurance require registration as a pre-requisite? or is it a chicken and egg situation?
Old 30th March 2017, 16:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will re-registration require insurance as a pre-requisite? or will insurance require registration as a pre-requisite? or is it a chicken and egg situation?
Try creating the insurance policy (the cheapest one, liability only) online.
It should go through!
Old 30th March 2017, 16:32   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Former is correct. Valid insurance is required to (re)register the vehicle (same as registering a new vehicle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Try creating the insurance policy (the cheapest one, liability only) online.
It should go through!
From my experience, insurance for 15+ years old vehicle can't be taken online (even a liability only policy)
Old 25th May 2017, 12:53   #112

Re: 15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF)

Hello People! Any idea what happens to the cars in Kolkata after 15 years of use? Can one pay the road tax for the next 5 years and continue using it? One of my relative owns a 2007 car for which road tax is due for the period of 2017-2022. He is a member of AAEI and when he contacted AAEI to pay the tax the AAEI guy said he can pay the lifetime tax now and continue using the vehicle after even 15 years of usage. But he is not sure about the authenticity of the comment made by the AAEI guy. Also he wants to think in advance what to do with the car once the 15th year approaches. So it will be very helpful if any of the TBHP members can shed some light on this topic.

Cheers!!!
Old 1st August 2017, 19:19   #113
BHPian

Re: FC for 2001 Alto LX at KA05?

What is the process for fitness certificate in B'lore? Our Alto LX which was registered in April 2001 has it's fitness expired in April 2016. I had the vehicle left at Mandovi Body Shop and they found that fitness expired and they wanted the same to be done for the claims processing.

Now, what would be required for this to be done at Jayanagar RTO. My sister, the owner is at Mumbai and I need to get this done in B'lore.

If someone has experience at this particular RTO(KA05), please share the same.

Old 3rd November 2017, 18:30   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

I have done fitness tests ( Renewal of Registration) successfully for two of motor vehicles owned by me very recently (another one is due next in August 2018) and would like to summarize the fitness process which is not quite a tough task, as many may think. We are reluctant to go and usually get the work done through agents. But I must be candid, that I have received satisfactory co-operation from the concerned local RTO staff. No amount was paid anywhere illegally for the works.

Renewal of Fitness certificate for privately owned motor vehicles :

(Not applicable to Delhi and NCR due to the NGT gag order)

After the registration of your car or bike is 15 years old, it lapses. The registration renewal process can be done at the RTO office, with whom the vehicle is registered, or where it has been shifted with a valid NOC, is described here.

- The first step is to get a valid insurance policy

- Next get a pollution under control certificate (PUC) from an RTO authorised outlet.

- Get the relevant blank forms for fitness of motor vehicles (normally two forms) from the RTO office.

- Green Tax if payable in your state needs to be paid up to date and complied with as per the prescribed rules. A xerox copy of the Green Tax receipt needs to be attached to the form along with the insurance and PUC xeroxes.

- Fill up the requisite details on the forms. The chassis and engine number pencil marking on a soft paper is needed to be affixed to the form as a proof that these have not changed.

- get your bike or car ready and in a presentable condition for the fitness test. Check brakes, headlights, indicators, brake lights, engine sound/ tuning.

- with the RTO prescribed forms attach a xerox copy of the insurance policy, green tax receipt and PUC certificate. Also some RTO's need an Aadhar card copy.

- take the bike or car for the necessary fitness test to the RTO office.

- first a "no objection endorsement" is to be taken from the counter where the record of the bike or car is maintained to prove that it is not involved in any traffic or other offences.

- the next halt will have to be the fee counter at the RTO office to pay the requisite fees. The fees for fitness kept pending by an owner may be Rs 100 or Rs 200 per year till 31.12.2016 as per your state rules. Thereafter, its a whopping Rs 300 for two wheelers per month and Rs 600 per month for cars, since January 2017.

- Next to the fitness testing Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI) who checks the vehicle and signs on the designated columns in the application form, if your motor vehicle is found satisfactory. The MVI may check the bike or car and only then issue fitness validity for five years.

- Thereafter, the work is done. The owner submits these papers to the relevant counter for processing.

- Most RTO's send the registration renewal validity paper/s by post to your postal address as registered with them.

ITS VERY EASY TO GET IT DONE PERSONALLY. IT JUST TAKES A FEW HOURS. MOST RTO OFFICES ARE STILL RESPECTING THE OWNER'S PRESENCE, DESPITE THE HUNDREDS OF TOUTS.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:50. Reason: typo
anjan_c2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:35   #115
BHPian

Is FC due 15years from date of registration ? I have a 2002-model Wagon-R LX, KA registration. It was originally purchased in Delhi (first hand) in April'2003, and then re-registered in Bangalore when I moved in 2005. My FC would be due in Mar/April'2018, right ?
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:45   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Is FC due 15years from date of registration ? I have a 2002-model Wagon-R LX, KA registration. It was originally purchased in Delhi (first hand) in April'2003, and then re-registered in Bangalore when I moved in 2005. My FC would be due in Mar/April'2018, right ?
Yes. First fitness test falls at 15 years from Initial registration.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:49   #117
BHPian

Thank you for the very informative post. Few questions, if you don't mind.

RTO where my car was registered is Jayanagar (Bangalore - South RTO). Is it mandatory for me to get fitness-certificate from same RTO ? Cannot be another RTO, closer home in same city ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
- Get the relevant blank forms for fitness of motor vehicles (normally two forms) from the RTO office.

- Green Tax if payable in your state needs to be paid up to date and complied with as per the prescribed rules. A xerox copy of the Green Tax receipt needs to be attached to the form along with the insurance and PUC xeroxes.
Would you happen to remember the RTO form-numbers ? Would like to see if I can download the forms online.
Where is the Green Tax paid ? Is that also paid at RTO ?
Would love to follow your example to avoid working through any of the touts.

B Dutta

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:49. Reason: spacing
bdutta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:27   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would you happen to remember the RTO form-numbers ? Would like to see if I can download the forms online.
Hi!

I just applied for the 15 year re-registration last week for my Zen. I have posted the same, please check all requirements and the basic procedure for the same. It may differ slightly state-wise but the basic stuff will remain the same. Check it here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4340727

Trust this helps!

Regards,
Saket
Old 23rd January 2018, 20:35   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the very informative post. Few questions, if you don't mind.

RTO where my car was registered is Jayanagar (Bangalore - South RTO). Is it mandatory for me to get fitness-certificate from same RTO ? Cannot be another RTO, closer home in same city ?

B Dutta
Thanks friend. As regards the car's fitness, it has to be from where the car is registered as on date. In case it has been shifted elsewhere, please get a NoC from the RTO where it happens to be registered. A car registered in a particular place can be shifted anywhere in India (except the metros where BS III and above complaint cars are only acceptable) with a NOC by the RTO to this effect.

The forms I had used are for the state of Maharashtra. The Form particulars will be different for Karnataka. I will visit their website and then try to communicate.

Yes, Green Tax is payable in certain states. Not sure whether Karnataka has introduced for 15 year plus motor vehicles. Maharashtra State has done it wef 2010.
Old 23rd January 2018, 22:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

I renewed the FC for my Splendor in 2015. I always go to a driving school in my area for RTO jobs. I had taken a loan from my employer for the bike, which was fully repaid in 2005. Received the NOC for cancelling hypothecation from my office, but did nothing for the next ten years! Meanwhile a new RTO office opened for my area, and this complicated matters. The hypothecation had to be first cancelled from the previous RTO, and fresh FC was to be issued from new RTO.

I think I paid about Rs 2k, including Rs 500 towards green tax and a PUC at a place specified by the RTO. Bike was in excellent mechanical condition, though a little off cosmetically. Repainting was not needed, but the broker told me to touch up the scratches. I did a sticker job for Rs 300.00.
Took the bike to the RTO on the specified date. The inspecting person came out, told me to start the bike and listened. Then told me to accelerate the engine and closely watched the exhaust, and that was it. I was told to go, later collected the RC book from the driving school!
He told me the procedure is similar for cars too, but naturally it will cost more!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:49. Reason: formatting
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks