Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2004, 16:14   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ Aug. 28 2004,11:09)]as far as car stereo security goes....
a while back w used to pull the entire stereo out (ths is before the days of CD players in cars) and take it with us. When I got my Alpine 7385 in 1986 it came with a beautiful black leather bag with an embroidered Alpine logo. Some night places like Bar Lui (once known as the longest bar in NYC) used to have special check in for car stereos.

Sosche used to make/sell a device that fit in the cassette players slot that blocked the cassette slot quite well.

as far as modern security goes one option is to take the face plate with u or get a stereo like the JVC Chameleon.

For those who want a smart place to store the face plate get one of those skin diver knife ankle belts. If you get one that fits a 8" knife it will hold your face quite snugly.
Carrying the faceplate with you doesn't deter the thief from breaking into ur car to steal the tape....it has happened with me...my pioneer 7250 deck has been filched along with the speakers from my esteem and now i'm just left with the fronty panel of the deck which i am hopelessly trying to dispose off on baazee for the past couple of months

Any one here knows of any CD player in which the entire assembly can be be pulled out and carried with you ( like the old stereo-tape decks) when the car is parked at night ?

~A
Old 6th September 2004, 16:32   #47
BHPian

hey gto sorry abt the misunderstanding but iv jus confirmed and yep the 7009 lancer does have a tc on it and was recently found in ahemdabad but its still not come back.
Again sorry for da wrong info!!
Old 7th September 2004, 00:54   #48
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
you are all talking negative.... looks you don't want me to sleep tonight!!

I use Auto Cops 5K and an across the steering, lock.

I think if your fuses are in place with the right powers .. you can not short circuit the side lights and go past the locking. as locking is not directly connected to the lights...

BUT what if the central locking is connected to the same fuse!

I think these Auto Cops locking have a big LOOP HOLE... their ignition cutoffs only work till the battery is connected.

OK.. i can't think of anything which will actually stop thieves from doing their work. (other than chaining all your cars together with a hefty chain)

only if auto cops had a separate unit for feedback to the remote or any such device, then it would have been effective (this is what i thought the first time I ever heard of a thing called central locking alarm system)

The gear locks are really a pain to lock ... and unlock.

The old steering locks which hooked up with the clutch are the worst... as the steering bolt is still accessible.
Old 7th September 2004, 02:34   #49
BHPian

Dudes AutoCop or no AutoCop, gear/steering/whatever lock, tell me how do you deal with this: some punk(s?) messed up my be-au-ti-ful silver car's rear door with pink and purple *PAINT*!!! I always try to be nice to the kids and drivers hanging around the parking lot, never pick up a fight, but... man, this su... OK, GTO said no bad language, but you get the idea... I'd run the guy over if I find out who he is!! And there's another one I've heard about some dude's brand new black Indica which some kid *SCRATCHED* on with a stone... 2 lines on the hood like a bloomin' Dodge Viper

Hate it when stuff like that happens... a defaced car is almost as bad as a stolen car.
Old 7th September 2004, 02:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hate it when stuff like that happens... a defaced car is almost as bad as a stolen car.
You said it pal ... Its just the destructive mentality of the people out here. So many times I have people walking past my car and hitting my door mirrors pussing them in the opposite direction . And those internally adjustable ones are pretty delicate . And there are those times when they pull your door handles every time they pass your car.

Man it makes my blood boil. These people should be flogged

Dippy
Old 7th September 2004, 03:29   #51
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Sep. 07 2004,01:22)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hate it when stuff like that happens... a defaced car is almost as bad as a stolen car.
You said it pal ... Its just the destructive mentality of the people out here. So many times I have people walking past my car and hitting my door mirrors pussing them in the opposite direction . And those internally adjustable ones are pretty delicate .Dippy
I always always make it a point to fold my mirrors inside before leaving the car anyhwere except my house because of the johnnies out there on the road.
Old 7th September 2004, 03:33   #52
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey oversteer,

Sad to hear about your plight. Somebody has actually deliberately painted it purple & pink? How much portion of it? Btw what car you own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I've heard about some dude's brand new black Indica which some kid *SCRATCHED* on with a stone
aah..this brings back memories when we used to own a Fiat about 10yrs ago when a kid ran a blade across the entire driver's side of my car..right from the headlight to the taillight! Really wonder how destructive kids can be sometimes !
Old 7th September 2004, 11:54   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]sorry abt the misunderstanding but iv jus confirmed and yep the 7009 lancer does have a tc on it and was recently found in ahemdabad but its still not come back.
Aha Libre, Thanks for clearing that up. That Lancer is worshipped in Matunga.

GTO
Old 7th September 2004, 23:44   #54
BHPian

Hey,
GTO i dunno know abt the worshiping part but i do know tat my bros is kinda physced wen it comes to drivin cars:6laughs: nyways lets hope it comes back soon.Den maybe ill race him wid his turbo nd my zen nd den ill c wat differnce it has made
Old 8th September 2004, 01:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (oversteer @ Sep. 07 2004,01:04)]Dudes AutoCop or no AutoCop, gear/steering/whatever lock, tell me how do you deal with this: some punk(s?) messed up my be-au-ti-ful silver car's rear door with pink and purple *PAINT*!!! I always try to be nice to the kids and drivers hanging around the parking lot, never pick up a fight, but... man, this su... OK, GTO said no bad language, but you get the idea... I'd run the guy over if I find out who he is!! And there's another one I've heard about some dude's brand new black Indica which some kid *SCRATCHED* on with a stone... 2 lines on the hood like a bloomin' Dodge Viper *

Hate it when stuff like that happens... a defaced car is almost as bad as a stolen car.
hey pal ,
i understand ur condition,but the main differnmce between mine and urs is that i know who defaced my car
3m gys who else.

satya
Old 8th September 2004, 15:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear abt your car oversteer...
Old 8th September 2004, 19:41   #57
BHPian

Hey, people, thanks for the condolences! It was my '03 Zen, no permanent damage done... cleaned it up with detergent personally.
RJ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]this brings back memories when we used to own a Fiat about 10yrs ago when a kid ran a blade across the entire driver's side of my car..
you're not the only one... some dude had done that with a stone to my '87 800 a long time ago. 2 lines, headlight to taillight.
Satya,
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]that i know who defaced my car 3m gys who else.
Ha ha very funny. BTW, you have an MPFI Zen, right? Did you have any wobbling problems when you bought her? What tyres?

Folks, anybody got any info on TATA's central locking system for the Indica/Indigo? It's called IndiLock, and is offered as standard fitment on the Indigo GLX. How is it as compared to AutoCop?
Old 8th September 2004, 20:00   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Ha ha very funny. BTW, you have an MPFI Zen, right? Did you have any wobbling problems when you bought her? What tyres?
I think the wobbling is due to the extremely weak stock wheels which would get easily bent after a brush with potholes or highway irregularities.

Have heard many people complain about this

GTO
Old 8th September 2004, 21:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hey....good to know the car is on its way to aamchi mumbai.But i guess it`ll come without the music system and leather seats.Thieves do need some value for their hard-work.

And since it had a TC,i guess the thieves must`ve thought this car is fast enough to race us out of mumbai in no time.Sadly,it did`nt have NOS.
Old 8th September 2004, 21:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

I was just thinking,what is the safest security mode for the car.And after a lot of thinking this is what struck my mind frequently.

If u have a well modified car with the kitting and stuff and also the exhaust,there is a lesser chance of the thieves touching it.The reason is,as the car is attractive and also has the loud exhaust sound.It would be really attention grabbing.And the thieves require less attention when they wanna drive away.
Another advantage being that it`ll be easier for the cops to locate it,even without the number.

On the other hand,its easy to drive away in a stock car as they are quite a few stock cars around.It`ll not be easy for the cops to locate it just with the number,as it can be changed.

Its better to have some sort of uniqueness on the car.Well this is what i think.What r ur views on this.Correct me if im wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks