Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 00:14   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Nice capture Edmund. I hope the smaller(!) fiat revives the days of fiat just the way Linea is trying. All the best fiat. I hope a new chapter is being written this time.
Old 8th June 2009, 01:36   #1112
BHPian

What about the turning Circle of Punto? Is it similar to i20 ,fabia or jazz.
Old 8th June 2009, 02:22   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
i think i had posted this , not only punto but the rest as well, bravo , linea and the 500 . The interiors were a class apart i thought they would be the same but when i saw the linea after it was launched i was shocked , so i guess the punto will be the same.
Yes, I recollect that from a thread last year. I downloaded all those pictures on my pc then. And you are right, the GP is not getting the interiors you saw on that LHD Punto, its the same as the Linea's.
Old 8th June 2009, 05:44   #1114
Senior - BHPian

the front looks nice..
cant say the same about the rear. It looks a lot like the fusion.
well im always a fiat lover and i definitely would love this car to be successful.
Old 8th June 2009, 07:22   #1115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Here is one shade of red that Fiat may be offering. Dont like this one at all actually, makes the GP look very ordinary.Though the GP I saw a few days back at Marine Drive was I guess (and hope) of the formula red variety.
The red GP which i saw was in Tata Service center is more of a orangish kind of red. May be because of i saw that in the day light and this picture was taken in indoors.

Look at the chair color near to that car. It was more like that color i suppose
Old 8th June 2009, 08:58   #1116
BHPian

Look simply superb. i hope this car will help Fiat to get some share of auto market.
Old 8th June 2009, 09:32   #1117
BHPian

Nice catch there with the silver punto!
the first proper picture of to be released India spec punto.
the front end when viewed straight on gives it a retro feel with the fiat logo
the single reverse light in the rear bumper is a disappointment and makes the otherwise beautiful car a bit asymmetrical from the rear.
Old 8th June 2009, 09:56   #1118
BANNED

This color matches with GP which i saw in TATA service Center.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-gpred.jpg  

Old 8th June 2009, 10:05   #1119
BHPian

What the hell, just 1 reverse light and it's not even centered, spoils the entire look of the car, damn!

But wait, look to the right where the reverse lamp should have been, see a discoloration in red?

Edmund, did that discoloration look like maybe a red sticker or something they put since they didn't have all the parts or what?
Old 8th June 2009, 11:44   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
What the hell, just 1 reverse light and it's not even centered, spoils the entire look of the car, damn!

But wait, look to the right where the reverse lamp should have been, see a discoloration in red?

Edmund, did that discoloration look like maybe a red sticker or something they put since they didn't have all the parts or what?
Logan has 1, SX4 has 1 even the HONDA city (NHC) had only 1 earlier. Now that we are going international and getting international models, its okay I would say. Even the law is fine with it so who are we to complain! Enjoy the car sir, kya ek reverse lamp ka tension lete ho!

I too noticed the darker red on the RHS of the car and thinking what it could be? Indian norms require some kind of reflectors at the rear of the cars/vehicles. So it is a reflector?
Old 8th June 2009, 11:50   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
This color matches with GP which i saw in TATA service Center.
That one is an awesome shade of red! Infact this was one of my queries to CEOdesk@Fiapl to which he had replied that the solid red color would not be available for launch - but looks like things have changed! Bring it on, Fiat! My family thinks the Ritz or i20 are better buys, but I'm hoping that Fiat launches a good product at competitive pricing.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:53   #1122
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure, if its only me, but is our punto smaller than the ones available in Singapore? I am 100% sure it was a bit longer or atleast the bumper looks more beefy.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:56   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am not sure, if its only me, but is our punto smaller than the ones available in Singapore? I am 100% sure it was a bit longer or atleast the bumper looks more beefy.
To meet some Indian small car conditions a car length has to be less than 4000 mm and punto was 30-40 mm more so they chopped off the rear bumper i am sure to meet those requirements. Thats why bumper is "slim n trim"
Old 8th June 2009, 12:23   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
To meet some Indian small car conditions a car length has to be less than 4000 mm and punto was 30-40 mm more so they chopped off the rear bumper i am sure to meet those requirements. Thats why bumper is "slim n trim"
You can always buy the original bumper from Singapore and fit it on your car if the looks are better. Bumpers don't cost that much.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:34   #1125
BHPian

But Amtak, isn't the idea of the sexy italian car ruined when it isn't symmetrical?

If the thing on the rhs is indeed a reflector, then they should put one on the lhs too and center the reverse lamp. I still like the car but you know, the concept of the italian car with symmetry is making my head spin
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks