Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
you mean younger sir!
my bad -- meant younger not older
Old 11th June 2009, 17:49   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
How many of punto buyers will even look at 1.2? I think only 1 in 25.
Agreed not many 'Punto' buyers will look at 1.2, but many Indica/i10 buyers might look at it if it is priced at say 4.75 OTR. Who knows, this might give Fiat the 'critical mass' to work on!

Sid, can one go for Emotion and take bigger tyres+alloys as an add-on accessory?
Old 11th June 2009, 18:13   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Now thats what I am talking about!! 1ps and 7 Nm more than all others with the same engine
The engine did feel a lil different when I had started it up!

Sid, thanks for the specs. U have managed to put a huge grin on my face

Did u drive it also ?? How was it ? Some info please [/quote]

But the Maruti fans will come and say, Punto does not pull and give the woosh feel as it does in Swift. Actually the truth is that Fiat Linea, Indica Vista, and probably Punto diesel gear ratios are too good for city drives (I like changing gears often and drive in the lower mid range). In Swift's case, you cannot do that as you have to throttle to a little higher rpm before shifting up the gear. But people will stick to bad Swift gear ratio as bench mark and tell the other way around.

I'm saying this from the reviews in megazines as well as many team-bhp members about Linea and Vista.
Old 11th June 2009, 18:25   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Yea! you are right!

Every car however perfect it is, faces some criticism from people!

but as I read in someone's sig here - " The only people who hate FIAT are the ones who haven't driven one "
Old 11th June 2009, 18:28   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Yea! you are right!

Every car however perfect it is, faces some criticism from people!

but as I read in someone's sig here - " The only people who hate FIAT are the ones who haven't driven one "

Yup its to true
You need to drive a FIAT once .
Old 11th June 2009, 18:31   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Yup its to true
You need to drive a FIAT once .
very true, it was absolute love after driving the 1.6 GTX. I wish I could have the bandwidth to buy this car in future.
Old 11th June 2009, 18:38   #1297
BHPian

Launch Confirmed on June 17th. Location for nationwide launch is at Hotel Jaypee Vasant Continental in Delhi.

, Was initially taken back by launch in delhi as most initial launches happen in Mumbai and then secondary launches at other A-Level Cities.
Old 11th June 2009, 18:52   #1298
BHPian

Thanks sid for the specs .
Seems that FIAT has done the ground work, 1.2 for entry, 1.4 for more power and MJD for torque & mileage.
Waiting for the price tag of the cars
Old 11th June 2009, 19:01   #1299
BHPian

Received a mail from FIAT's marketing team -

-----
Dear Mr. xxx,

The Grande Punto is slated for launch on 17 June 09.
Check out all the action at Fiat Punto

Team Marketing
Fiat India
-----

I was pleasantly surprised to receive this mail from one of the marketing managers in FIAT with whom I was interacting long back regarding the GP launch.

Looks like FIAT is really doing well to get it right this time. Wish them all the best.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 11th June 2009 at 19:05.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:32   #1300
BHPian

Really a brilliant website. Fiat is coming and coming hard. Hope they don't faulter this time around.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:35   #1301
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a TD online too !! Impatiently waiting for that day. So far I could not find any official tips about the pricing part. UK site is very informative and the car looks very attractive. Front end reminds me of a mini Linea ! I have to decide between Punto and i20 (wish VW Polo was already launched).

Last edited by shajufx : 11th June 2009 at 19:36.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:07   #1302
BHPian

damn fiat website looks and feel very sporty i must say. they are talking about the boldness. wohoo!! this is very cool stuff. cant wait for the launch. i am excited!!

they did it with linea. feminiestic beauty which is all good.

this one is for the boys in all of us!!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 11th June 2009 at 21:08.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:39   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Wow! What a jazzy site for Punto? The bold theme looks pretty "bold" for Fiat.
Interesting, I should say! Now that Jazz and Fabia are out of contention for me, GP looks like a good fit. The only worry is about the 76 ps engine.
Old 12th June 2009, 01:36   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Just called up Rama Motors in Okhla Phase-II, New Delhi. The lady confirmed that they have got the cars but has promised to call me back to confirm if I can come over and have a sneak peek. I guess I will have to land uninvited and try and work my charm on her. I hope I still have it even after being married for three years.
Well, did you manage a peek ?
I live nearby and am going to rush across if you did; maybe I'll go for a test drive of the linea and see if I can work things from there.
Old 12th June 2009, 02:59   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Received a mail from FIAT's marketing team -

-----
Dear Mr. xxx,

Team Marketing
Fiat India
-----

I was pleasantly surprised to receive this mail from one of the marketing managers in FIAT with whom I was interacting long back regarding the GP launch.

Looks like FIAT is really doing well to get it right this time. Wish them all the best.
What a coincidence, I've got an identical mail from Mr. Kaushik Prasad, Product Manager, FIAPL. I met this guy during the Linea launch. I believe he has played a big role in the Indian Grande Punto's development. I remember him telling me that the GP is a better drive than even the Linea and they "might" think about performance versions at some point in time. What impressed me about him was the enthusiasm that he had about his product. I remember his words "If you thought the Palio was a hoot to drive, you will be bowled over by the Punto!" I really hope that happens, but with the 1.4 FIRE & 1.3 MJet, I really should'nt have too many expectations. Fingers crossed though. Here is the exact same mail as yours :-

Hi Romil,

Regards
Kaushik

They are well and truly doing a lot to change perceptions and the effort is paying off, slowly but surely. Yesterday, at Linkway Honda, a gentleman commented "Why would I buy the Jazz at 8.3L, when the fantastic Linea is available at the same price." Mind you, this guy did not have a clue about the engine options available with the Linea and yet, probably due to word of mouth, he was of the view that the Linea is a superior vehicle with "matured european looks"(his words). Fiat, time to rise and shine

Last edited by roms : 12th June 2009 at 03:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks