Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 07:17   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Swift Sport seen testing all across India. Now in Nandi Hills, Bengaluru. Turbo-Petrol on test?--
Extensive testing continues in KA, now seen in Kolhapur.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  79.1 KB

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 14:24   #92
BHPian

A Youtuber shot the Swift Sports along with an ARAI vehicle back in May this year.
Makes me wonder if they are just testing the engine then what does the ARAI vehicle got to do with it?

Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:45   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Makes me wonder if they are just testing the engine then what does the ARAI vehicle got to do with it?
That's what I've been telling people, a few car enthusiasts I've spoken to outside TeamBHP seem to think that this is Suzuki testing out it's new hybrid engine for the next gen Swift Sport (the next gen model is supposedly coming with a stronger hybrid system that boosts power from 139hp to 150hp).

If it's just testing the engine for other markets then that raises 2 questions:

1) What does the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) have to do with it.

2) If they're just testing the new engine/hybrid system for markets like the UK, Europe, South Africa etc. Why not do the testing in those countries? India hasn't had an enthusiast Suzuki since 2020 and the last good one (Civilian Gypsy) was discontinued in 2018.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 13:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki Swift Sport spied again.

Attachment 2389986

Link

Isnt this the same photo from the video shared in the above post? Looks like a old photo
Old 16th December 2022, 16:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport spied testing with ADAS radar module
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-fkf1i2jayaebgd6.jpg  

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-fkf1jw2akaareld.jpg  

Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!-fkf1jxzaeaalcbx.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 13:00   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport spied testing with ADAS radar module
I zoomed the radar unit from the earlier video and could read the tag "Ibeo" on it. I googled about Ibeo and came across this description in the website - https://www.ibeo-as.com/en - "Through German precision standards, ibeoNEXT recognizes objects perfectly – to build the safest autonomous vehicles."

So, this confirms that this should be ADAS radar module only, but not sure why would they test this ADAS powered car in India as the possibility of launching this car with ADAS is close to impossible considering that this is a lower hatch segment and even their Grand Vitara doesn't get ADAS today. May be it is just some other component testing.
skarthiksr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 19:11   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
So, this confirms that this should be ADAS radar module only, but not sure why would they test this ADAS powered car in India as the possibility of launching this car with ADAS is close to impossible considering that this is a lower hatch segment and even their Grand Vitara doesn't get ADAS today. May be it is just some other component testing.
In the next couple of year, ADAS will become common even on mid range vehicles. It is spreading quickly.
Old 19th December 2022, 01:46   #98
BHPian

127 BHP and 235 Nm! If they bring that in Indian Swift, it would be a deadly combination!

Also, ADAS spreading is good, the more people use it, the more safer our drives would become in general. Just hope their ADAS isn't as bad as the one in Tucson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks