Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Got this image in an email.
Looks similar to santro.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3576/hyundaikx0.jpg

Sender's signature was "Grand Vitara- Play it your way"
Only hope left now is they price is wisely
Old 18th October 2007, 11:37   #227
BHPian

hmm.. no body colored bumpers.. looks like this is low end variant. But if it is getting launced above Santro then it will come in competition to swift, which I guess has body colored bumpers in all variants. So all depends on how it will be priced.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:07   #228
HSV
BHPian

Yep... it sure does look quite near the camouflaged car that we have been seeing in the spy pics. You might wanna water mark this pic in case some one nicks it off this site.

BTW guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt this look like a toad high on coffee - the way its headlights are contoured out - looks like its eyes are poppin' out. Dunno maybe the angle at which the picture's taken may not being doing justice to its magnificense. (Shrug...)

regards

Quote:
Looks similar to santro.

Last edited by HSV : 18th October 2007 at 13:08.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:35   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Yep... it sure does look quite near the camouflaged car that we have been seeing in the spy pics. You might wanna water mark this pic in case some one nicks it off this site.

BTW guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt this look like a toad high on coffee - the way its headlights are contoured out - looks like its eyes are poppin' out. Dunno maybe the angle at which the picture's taken may not being doing justice to its magnificense. (Shrug...)

regards
Yes, you are right...its eyes popping out can be easily observed .but overall i guess it gonna be good looking
Old 18th October 2007, 15:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
hmm.. no body colored bumpers.. looks like this is low end variant. But if it is getting launced above Santro then it will come in competition to swift, which I guess has body colored bumpers in all variants. So all depends on how it will be priced.
well its not going to compete with swift
it will compete with indica or palio or zen estelio
out of which indica and palio were available in unpainted body aswell once upon a time
not sure if its still the case

to compete with swift hyundai already has getz

Last edited by AMATMO : 18th October 2007 at 15:27.
Old 18th October 2007, 15:35   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks similar to santro.

looks like this

and yes if this non body colored variant is priced below santro top end only then they can think of selling this otherwise hyundai check the sales figures of your other not so popular cars....
Old 18th October 2007, 16:10   #232
HSV
BHPian

Ouch that hurts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
looks like this

and yes if this non body colored variant is priced below santro top end only then they can think of selling this otherwise hyundai check the sales figures of your other not so popular cars....
Old 18th October 2007, 18:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle View Post
The New Santro.... It will definately, if not as the Santro, fit somewhere in Hyundai's big plans for India.

Thanks
Redcandle
the front looks like a rip-off of the honda civic
Old 18th October 2007, 20:18   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post

regards
oh well..observing further closely i found that this particular pic shown above has Left HandSide Steering wheel. This one seems to be Export model. But what the heck Export model with Black Bumpers!!!
Am I missing something in viewing it?
Old 18th October 2007, 21:13   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks similar to santro.

The car in the image is a left hand drive. Some things tell me that this car is shot in India. Notice the man standing close. Could be a export or a demo piece.
Old 18th October 2007, 23:20   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks ugly! May be looks better with the body coloured bumpers!
Old 19th October 2007, 04:56   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
oh well..observing further closely i found that this particular pic shown above has Left HandSide Steering wheel. This one seems to be Export model. But what the heck Export model with Black Bumpers!!!
I got this mail from one of my friend in Maruti.. I asked for more info, but this is what he has got .
Old 19th October 2007, 10:46   #238
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Yes definitely LHD. Why cant there be an export model with black bumpers? Betcha there may be a few Euro kids out there who cant afford the higher end variants .

Yes mail4ajo, it looks like this pic has been taken in India, as you have rightly pointed out the guy in the background. So that means its anytime now.

Jokes apart guys, I am sure this car would be good looking. I personally feel the angle of the pic being taken is incorrect as its too upclose making the vehicle look a tad bulbous.

regards,

Last edited by HSV : 19th October 2007 at 10:46. Reason: typo corrected
Old 19th October 2007, 11:18   #239
HSV
BHPian

Just saw this writeup on the PA/i10 on Vicky's website . Doesnt add anything more than we already know, but I thought of posting it here just the same.

Hyundai new small car the i10

Hyundai’s new small car which will be slotted between santro and getz is likely to be named i10. Hyundai is developing the car under the codename ‘pa’ and is currently testing the car in chennai. Hyundai’s i10 will be launched first in India also India will be the sole global production hub for the i10 — code named Pa. The i10 is almost and Hyundai is currently testing the car in chennai. Similar to the Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai wishes to have more than 2 cars in small car segment. To facilitate the i10 (pa) Hyundai has recently rationalised pricing for the Santro and trimmed the variants santro to two. Hyundai’s new i10 will inherit most chracters of the Santro - the most sucessful model for Hyundai.
Similar to the santro, Hyundai’s new i10(pa) will initially sport a 1.1 litre engine. Hyundai may later launch the i10 (pa) with a much powerful engine. Also in dimensions, i10 will be a ditto of santro, i10’s length(3565mm) and wheelbase(2380mm) is likely to be same as the santro. Though the Hyundai’s i10 (pa) will be only 1550mm longer(shorter than the Santro by about 40mm), the cabin space will remain spacious. Hyundai i10 is wider than santro by 70mm.
Hyundai i10 is complete new car and is styled contemporary. Similar to the Ford verve concept and new aveo U-VA(both shown in recent Frankfurt Show) i10’s low slung grille features the number plate is sure to attract to most attention. Between the two large headlamps is the Hyundai’s badge. Steeply raked windscreen and ellipsoidal glass area makes the i10 more stylish. In the rear i10 features santro type tail lamps. It seems that i10 is likely to be equipped with features like - fog lamps in the front bumper, alloy wheels and rear wiper. In the interiors too i10 might surprise everyone with more upmarket features. Similar to the popular Fiat 500, i10 will dashboard integrated center console instead of conventional floor shift pattern.
Hyundai iTen will be hit the showrooms by the end of october or early November. Hyundai’s i10 will compete with other sub-compact segment cars such as Chevrolet spark, Maruti Suzuki zen estilo, Maruti Suzuki wagonR and Tata Indica xeta. i10 is expected to priced around Rs 4lakh. Hyundai will continue to sell the santro even after i10 (Pa) hits the market as santro sells 14,000 units of out of Hyundai’s total monthly sales of 18,000 units in India. Infact Hyundai plans to launch newer variants of the santro.
The ‘i’ name demystified:
Hyundai chose an alpha-numerical code that could establish a link between technology and the Hyundai brand’s core values. With the ‘i’, Hyundai chose the letter that could carry both messages. The letter ‘i’ has a long tradition as an icon for technology products. In addition, the ‘i’ is also part of Hyundai’s brand promise. In the 1990s, Hyundai changed its entire corporate focus, moving away from its original business philosophy of producing ‘good-bargain’ vehicles, to acquire a more sophisticated profile. Hyundai wanted to become more inspiring. Today, the desire to ‘inspire’ forms one of the cornerstones of the Hyundai brand. The letter ‘i’ recognises this fact and brings it direct to consumers. The i30 is the first Hyundai to carry the ‘i’ in its name. The number 30 is the numerical equivalent of the letter assigned to the i30’s segment, the European C segment. i + numerical equivalent of segment letter:
i10 = A segment
i20 = B segment
i30 = C segment
i40 = D segment
i50 = E segment
Source: Hyundai new small car the i10 at Straight Frm The Heart
Old 19th October 2007, 12:50   #240
BHPian

so is the october end launch on schedule any news on that from hyundai showrooms. I have a office friend who seems to be swaying between santro and getz 1.1, seems like PA is the answer for him
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks