Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 16:00   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Price the Fusion at par with the Fabia? The Fusion does not come with half the goodies that the Fabia comes with. Not to forget the dreaded FORD brand name.
Firstly, i dont think this is going to be the new Fusion. The badging on the car could be made out to be 'Fiesta'. Also, i dont think Ford spares and servicing are as exorbitant as that of Skoda who make the Fabia.
Old 11th July 2008, 15:10   #107
BHPian

Ford New Small car coming this year

Hey guy
check this out
Ford small car may come to India in 2008, may use Ikon or Fiesta platform or be based on the KA

ford is ready to bring out an all new car end of this year

MODS Please delete this if already posted

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th July 2008 at 17:09.
Old 11th July 2008, 17:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

About time too. Ford have been very reluctant to introduce a small car in India. Even the Fusion seemed like a half-hearted effort. Come on Ford, you guys have some of the best driving hatches in Europe. Bring em on!
Old 11th July 2008, 17:38   #109
BANNED

I dont think so FORD is going to bring in a small car this year.
2010, was the year I heard FORD would launch a small car. No one knew about this one, have their secrecy levels gone so high?
Old 11th July 2008, 17:45   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkamit View Post
Hey guy
check this out
Ford small car may come to India in 2008, may use Ikon or Fiesta platform or be based on the KA

ford is ready to bring out an all new car end of this year

MODS Please delete this if already posted
Very surprising, i must say..the first time I have heard about this. The link mentions the pricing to be around getz/swift..I think that completely kill Fusion sales for sure.
Old 11th July 2008, 18:15   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Very surprising, i must say..the first time I have heard about this. The link mentions the pricing to be around getz/swift..I think that completely kill Fusion sales for sure.

Not that fusions were selling in good numbers. But yes its high time for a small car. CUT THE IKON BOOT!!!!!!!!! AKA MK5 with a 1.4D and its going to be a hot sellin car.
Old 11th July 2008, 18:24   #112
BHPian

finally...a small car expected from ford..just hope they give both diesel and petrol options and in the later stages wish they won't discontinue the higher variants and give only the base as they have done for the ikon ...
Old 11th July 2008, 18:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

[COLOR=black]Do they really have to go below Ikon segment? If they replace the Ikon with a newer generation, that itself will do wonders for them. I really feel that they don't need to go to the overcrowded hatch segment, instead bring in the likes of Mondeo and Kuga or/and the new fiesta (Latest one in Europe) and put a boot to make it a Civic buster. The premium C & D segment is lacking models not the lower B segment. If they can bring in a good SUV or soft roader at the 10 to 12 lakhs range, that sure is going to keep them busy and their registers in good profit. The real vacuum is in these segments and FORD is very very well capable in giving out good sturdy VFM products.[/COLOR]
Old 12th July 2008, 12:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Do they really have to go below Ikon segment? If they replace the Ikon with a newer generation, that itself will do wonders for them. I really feel that they don't need to go to the overcrowded hatch segment
I would disagree with you buddy. The b+ segment is where a company can sell in Volumes. Every car company would like to tap that segment. End of the day the customer is lucky when he has so many options. Quite Glad that Ford is entering this segment. But they need to improve their A** and dealer networks IMO.
Old 12th July 2008, 13:49   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Not that fusions were selling in good numbers.
200+ diesels per month - must be around 350-400 Fusions per months petrol+diesel. Not bad - what say?
Old 12th July 2008, 13:54   #116
BHPian

Fiesta in UK, new hatch in India??

In UK, Ford sells Ka and Fiesta in entry segment, I assume the car for India might be Fiesta (but will be renamed).

The car specifications and looks are like this -

Ford :: Fiesta :: Specifications

Ford Fiesta Zetec | Auto Spectator

I hope they price it sensibly this time
Old 12th July 2008, 15:25   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
In UK, Ford sells Ka and Fiesta in entry segment, I assume the car for India might be Fiesta (but will be renamed).

I hope they price it sensibly this time
I always wonder why Fusion is priced much more than Fiesta (>2.7K pounds) in UK, very different from the Indian scene.
Ford :: Cars :: View all cars
By that logic, Ka should be the most expensive Ford car in India

Last edited by Glass : 12th July 2008 at 15:27.
Old 12th July 2008, 16:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

I managed to get the link for Pics of New Ford Ka( not sure if this is the one for India). It does look good. Front headlamps do resemble the New Fiesta.If this is the car thats gonna be launched in India im sure it ll kick i10's backside.

Shooters snap upcoming Ford Ka nude in Poland picture: 255426 - Top Speed

Last edited by karanraheja : 12th July 2008 at 16:28.
Old 12th July 2008, 17:17   #119

Not that I am doubting anyone but there are a few things that bother me.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-103308.jpg  

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-103309.jpg  

Old 12th July 2008, 17:57   #120
BHPian

Sometimes I feel that the managment of some of these companies just cant think out of the box, just noticed that the Fiesta hatch is sub 4000 mm, the engine is 1.4 Diesel, both qualify for the excise rebate for small cars, if Swift D, Indigo cs can do 3000+ numbers each month, why cant Ford India launch something in the 5 Lakh bracket and eat into their share. If fabia can do 600 a month I am sure something between the Fabia & Swift can do 2000 a month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed