Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 14:03   #376
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Fiat India will spend more time & effort on Palio now, expect the new sleek interiors in the new models like - G Punto, Linea etc.
Old 6th February 2008, 14:43   #377
OEM
BHPian

Has Fiat India finally woken up from their slumber?

Hi
Take a look at Fiat India. Finally somebody at Fiat decided to put the good-looking Bravo to use. Atleast in flash . Is this a sign of things to come. Will we be seeing something SOOOOOOON on the FIAT MJD

Must say, the interiors of the Bravo are stunning.

But for the present, here's another me waiting for the Fiat MJD.
Is FIAT listening at all !!

Regs
OEM
Old 7th February 2008, 19:26   #378
BHPian

Maintenance costs/Sparing usage?

Hi Folks,

They say, one should go for a diesel car only if usage is high - some reasons quoted are diesel cars are costly to maintain and the high initial costs are not justified if you are an occasional user of the car?

Firstly, how true is this line of thoughh?

Secondly and more importantly, if it really is the case, is the 1.3L Palio any different and how?

Please share your valuable information

Thanks
Old 8th February 2008, 13:20   #379
BHPian

Hi,
I also have same query regarding wheather to go for Petrol or Diesel car?

I have 2/3 vehicles which i have to choose from.

1. Chevy Aveo UVA
2. Hyundia I10
3. Palio MJD

not necessary in the order stated..
My usage will basically be on weekends.. in Bangalore, not much but occasionally on highways,

I am eagerly waiting for Palio MJD.

anybody to share their thoughts ?
Old 8th February 2008, 14:22   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Chevy Aveo UVA
2. Hyundia I10
3. Palio MJD
Whats your requirement? If its high running, you need a diesel, the Aveo and i10 are available only in petrol. Please start a thread in what car to discuss your query.
Old 8th February 2008, 14:28   #381
BHPian

@rockyheights: interesting question.

Difficult to take a definite stand on petrol vs diesel, but when it comes to an individual's car purchase decision, it boils down to Extra cost of car + Lower fuel expense for Diesel vs. Lesser cost of car + higher fuel expense. In cases where this difference is not too much, the deciding factor will be the petrol refinement vs.relative lack of same in diesel.

AFAIK, In terms of maintenance cost, the only considerable difference point is the fuel systems of petrol and diesel. diesel engine fuel systems are a bit more complex than petrol and hence,in most cases, more sensitive also.(ditto with turbo, if the car has one) This should not be an issue, if the car is maintained and serviced regularly.

If you understand above, your TD opinion is as good as any in helping you decide.

How relevant this is to Palio MJD: hmmm, i think the Petrolvs.diesel differences in cost/ operating feel have become narrower over the years. So with Palio MJD, as with other modern diesels, it has become more difficult to decide on petrol vs.diesel, on above reasoning alone.

My 2 cents.

Cheers
Old 8th February 2008, 15:00   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Hi,
I also have same query regarding wheather to go for Petrol or Diesel car?

I have 2/3 vehicles which i have to choose from.

1. Chevy Aveo UVA
2. Hyundia I10
3. Palio MJD

not necessary in the order stated..
My usage will basically be on weekends.. in Bangalore, not much but occasionally on highways,

I am eagerly waiting for Palio MJD.

anybody to share their thoughts ?
I too posted similar query in another thread where to decide opting for Palio Stile 1.6 or Palio Stile 1.3MJD since my monthly running wd be less than 1000Kms and running wd be usually within city limits..occasionaly on highways@weekends!!

The ans someone gave that and the same one of my frd who has Indica diesel..suggested me for Petrol when ur running is low...Diesel cars need more running for the engine stability than Petrol cars!

anything abv 1000kms can opt for Diesel!

However i'm not sure if that goes for the new 1.3MJD engines!

Cheers!~
Old 8th February 2008, 18:19   #383
BHPian

Palio Stile 1.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Whats your requirement? If its high running, you need a diesel, the Aveo and i10 are available only in petrol. Please start a thread in what car to discuss your query.
Hi BUSA,

I would like to reframe the question. Let's say, I'm sure it is Palio 1.3L I want to go for (No UVA, No Getz, et al). But I have a concern -

Like the rest of the diesel cars, do I choose it only if my usage is high? Or does the much talked about 1.3L Multijet make it a good option for people who want a good city car with average usage?

Thanks!
Old 8th February 2008, 18:33   #384
BHPian

Check the new palio stile launched in brazil, hope they bring this here with the 1.3 MJ engine

source: Fiat Presents "New" Stilo in Brazil
Old 8th February 2008, 20:07   #385
BANNED

Rudrah -- I am in a similar dilemma, between the Palio Stile 1.6 and the new Palio 1.3 MJD. My running would certainly not exceed a 1000 kms/month; however, I frequently make long distance, out-of-state road trips (close to 800-1000 kms one-way/every 6 months and about 150-200 kms one-way/every 2 months)
So, I guess a petrol vehicle would be most appropriate. But then again, with the new diesels in the market, especially one that the new Palio diesel's going to be equipped with, I am confused.

Would someone care to comment?
Old 8th February 2008, 20:25   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Check the new palio stile launched in brazil, hope they bring this here with the 1.3 MJ engine

source: Fiat Presents "New" Stilo in Brazil
FIAT Stilo is a different model altogether... Dont confuse it with Palio "Stile"
Old 8th February 2008, 20:32   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
FIAT Stilo is a different model altogether... Dont confuse it with Palio "Stile"
It might be a different model alright.. but doesn't it look to similar to the Palio Stile sold in India??
Old 8th February 2008, 21:19   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
It might be a different model alright.. but doesn't it look to similar to the Palio Stile sold in India??
Family resemblance, its much much bigger overall.... its in a different class altogether.
Old 8th February 2008, 21:25   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
It looks bigger. Macho look.

I was in love with Palio Diesel. It was great with 1.9 engine, no turbo.

Eagerly waiting for Multijet from Palio. It would be too good with VGT.

Is it coming with VGT? Would be a good differential from Swift Diesel.
Old 10th February 2008, 00:14   #390
BHPian

gone into Coma

After I got a shock from the Fabia pricing and having been in Coma for all these days , I just started to realized Fabia is not the end of the world when it comes to hatch.

I need a car badly by March 17. Does anyone think we are going to have the Palio MJD in India by then. ? I saw the pictures of the MJD Stilo that is released in Brazil and it looks very cute.

We had an M800 and sold it because we thought we will buy Fabia for sure and there won't be place for two cars so we sold M800 in advance and now we are without a car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks