Team-BHP - Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33151-tata-1-l-car-unveiled-10th-jan-2008-edit-named-tata-nano-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 682525)
My responses are in bold italics, in a lighter vein:)

Dude! The comments u made don't seem to be in 'lighter vein' at all. U could say i lack sense of humour, but u really gotta appreciate the effort taken by Ratan tata and his team. I am not a tata lover by in any sense of the word, but i really do respect him for what he is trying to do-Bring affordable motoring to the masses. And What do u do? sit in front of the damn computer and type away nonsense regarding something u havn't seen or know anything about. Sorry if i sound rude. This is not a personal attack or anything, but, if u don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, plsease refrain fron posting nonsense.

Hey Guys, Don't know if this is true or not but this email is being forwarded to many - What do you guys feel ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech (Post 683383)
Hey Guys, Don't know if this is true or not but this email is being forwarded to many - What do you guys feel ?

I guess that the CNBC ticker was taken from this spec sheet. A lot of the data looks common. :Shockked:

just a few more hours to go to reveal Indian Auto Industry's best kept secret....

Finally- Its 10th January 2008.

Hope TATA lives up to the hype that has build up around this car. :)

Could this be the greatest day in Indian automotive industry.
The unveiling of the car, which over 300 million Indians can afford.
Man this is just awesome.
Can't wait can't wait. :)

What time is the launch?

Maruti on the backfoot against the Tatas’

Maruti for the first time admitted today that its sales could also take a hit by the Tata car. “We have maintained an over 50 per cent market share for a long time now and with increasing competition this kind of monopoly is becoming a thing of the past,” Nakanishi said. “

IndianExpress.com :: Maruti on the backfoot against the Tatas’

@jay,

1115 or 1145 (not sure though) both the times were mentioned in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 683658)
What time is the launch?

11:00AM - Guess Who's gonna be there? :) ...... I'm off folks - Pragati Maidan is quite a hike from Gurgaon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thangu (Post 683320)
Anyway you look at it, its great news for consumers as they are going to get an affordable car soon.clap:

How soon will be a question we'll be soon faced with. It may be months before the bookings and deliveries start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcash (Post 683673)
11:00AM - Guess Who's gonna be there? :) ...... I'm off folks - Pragati Maidan is quite a hike from Gurgaon.

I hope your taking ur cam with you. :mad: :D

We will wait for your picture uploads, I hope they have internet access within the PM so that you can upload quickly.

Dont forget to carry your camera data cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcash (Post 683673)

Is there a live telecast?? Probably on Star / Zee / Neo sports*?? Or is CNBC / NDTV? Who is going to cover the event LIVEplease:? I am, as stated earlier, staying home. Honest!!

* I should admit to being a bit pi***d off by Economic Times carrying sports news - mostly about cricket - on its front page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 683704)
Is there a live telecast?? Probably on Star / Zee / Neo sports*?? Or is CNBC / NDTV? Who is going to cover the event LIVEplease:? I am, as stated earlier, staying home. Honest!!

* I should admit to being a bit pi***d off by Economic Times carrying sports news - mostly about cricket - on its front page.

I think CNN-IBN is going to cover the entire launch LIVE:thumbs up