Team-BHP - Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33151-tata-1-l-car-unveiled-10th-jan-2008-edit-named-tata-nano-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car-Agey (Post 677053)
Came across a very intersting article on the 1 Lac Car :

Rs 1 lakh car and inclusiveness- Guest Writer-Opinion-The Economic Times

once again Salute to Mr. Ratan Tata for his vision, his dream and his belief. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 677126)

These are really good articles, well we really need to appreciate Tata for making this possible in the midst of all the nay-sayers.

The production and business model for this 1-lac is supposed to be different.
Quote:

Changing industry dynamics
As a general manager at Ariba, a Tata vendor for the Rs 1-lakh car noted1, "There are so many legacy costs built into a design, and trying to engineer those out is difficult . . . It's better to start with a clean sheet of paper and engineer low costs in."
It is cheaper also because it will be produced differently, using dealers as a part of a distributive manufacturing network. In other words, it is based on a different production and business model than currently in play in the automobile industry.
Little wonder then that a senior executive of carmaker Mahindra & Mahindra said, if successful, it would "change industry dynamics2." Of course, all this will come to naught if it is not commercially successful.
I'm not sure what this author means by it. Eagerly waiting for the unveiling.

Well, I am more inclined to know what the final price the buyer would pay for the car. In other words, will it still be a 1 lakh INR car ?

I suppose its going to be the same old TATA zing. It looks very good for the price. Personaly i would be happy if this thing replaces Rahul Baja's sh1t on wheels..

Does any1 know about Dilip Chabbria's DC:S’ Super Car ?? any pics

The car is supposed to hv a 3 litre engine,twin turbo charged which can attain a top speed of 305 km per hour and goes from 0 to 62 kmph in just 3.7 seconds

Quote:

Originally Posted by cncity (Post 677824)
Does any1 know about Dilip Chabbria's DC:S’ Super Car ??

Sorry, but does the car carry a price tag of 1L?

The Tata One may have lots of things inspired from the Zing. But I don't think it's going to be the same thing. Anyway, let's just wait for couple a days more.

5 days from launch..... No real / clear pictures yet???

Here's what today's ET Pune edition has on its front page. Too bad, that it is an artists impression.

well i guess soon threads will open....

Performance mods for tata's 1lakh re car, Fitting K&N, Headers etc...

This is going to be fun.

if this is going to be the artists impression then YUCK is going to be my impression. but I dont believe in artists much unless the real thingy comes out :)

This site has an artists impression of a Tata - Abarth version of teh 1L car. lol.

source:Artist’s Impression: Tata Abarth 1-Lakh Car?

Why speculate when there is an actual pic available

SImple solution. Allow sale only in Tier 2 cities where vehicle density is low. I shudder to think what will happen to my daily commute in Bombay!!

i cant wait till 10th. i am going to visit Auto Expo on 10th. hope i will see grand unveiling of this car.

I will be glad if tata sells a 2-seater version of this car for Rs.70K! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMP (Post 677855)
Here's what today's ET Pune edition has on its front page. Too bad, that it is an artists impression.

The car looks more or less like the MDI MiniCat which too is another low cost ($2500) car that Tata is manufacturing.

We've heard that the Lakhtakiya runs on petrol, but the MiniCat runs on compressed air, so are we looking at a lakhtakiya variant or these two are unrelated?