Team-BHP - Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33151-tata-1-l-car-unveiled-10th-jan-2008-edit-named-tata-nano-7.html)

Is Indiva One lakh car or some thing else.
i got a mail with picture of indiva stated 1 Lakh car and with specifications.I treid to post it here and was deleted by Moderators two times.I donno whether it's true or not.Tell me the trueness.

two days to go... i hope TATA delivers! (pray pray pray!!!)

Wow it just did not seem to be true when rumors about car where floating around...i rubbished it, But hats off to Tata for considering the pain of the common man...agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 680877)
Is Indiva One lakh car or some thing else.
i got a mail with picture of indiva stated 1 Lakh car and with specifications.I treid to post it here and was deleted by Moderators two times.I donno whether it's true or not.Tell me the trueness.

The indiva is not the one lakh car! Indiva was just a concept showcased in an auto show, in Geneva, i think!

I think this car should be name "Indicar" = India + car - Car for India

Moreover, i had heard somewhere that Bajaj is also jumping "1-Lakh costing cars" thingy, any updates ??? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 680894)
two days to go... i hope TATA delivers! (pray pray pray!!!)

well, gotta rephrase now.

Hope they does it better than Hamara Bajaj now!

These car's cant be easier substitutes for bikes. First thing the mileage will be at least 1/2 of what average bikes give, second thing being the space to park the car at home. Not everyone will have the space and it has to be parked on the road.

Wonder how safe it is to park these cars on the road as they can be easily lifted by 2-3 persons or dragged using a rope and stolen away!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 681445)
well, gotta rephrase now.

Hope they does it better than Hamara Bajaj now!

agree: Bajaj has pulled a fast one on TATA, but rest assured Bajaj's car will not be as cheap as this one. But competition is good, because people get more choices now... yay !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 681607)
These car's cant be easier substitutes for bikes. First thing the mileage will be at least 1/2 of what average bikes give, second thing being the space to park the car at home. Not everyone will have the space and it has to be parked on the road.

Good points to note... but there have been reports that their petrol engines give about 25 kmpl, which is 1/2 of what most bikes give. I guess TATA engineers would have been very aware of this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 681607)
Wonder how safe it is to park these cars on the road as they can be easily lifted by 2-3 persons or dragged using a rope and stolen away!:)

Bit more safer than any two wheeler that is parked outside :D, but i'm sure people will come up with innovative ways to protect it as much as possible.

So it's gonna be at 11.15 AM tomorrow. Let the countdown begin. Can't wait for it.

If the specs 'leaked' by media (single wiper, hollow steering column, CVT, etc.) are true, it would be appropriate to name this Janata car as Tata LOL (Langda for One Lakh)...lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by msprabhakar (Post 682413)
If the specs 'leaked' by media (single wiper, hollow steering column, CVT, etc.) are true, it would be appropriate to name this Janata car as Tata LOL (Langda One Lakh)...lol:

Single Wiper and CVT are long known. Hollow steering is something new. Lets wait till tommorow.

i just got a mail with these details about Tata 1 Lakh Car.

VEHICLE SUMMARY
Name: Jeh – TATA’s 1 Lakh Rupee Car
Model: Petrol
Car Body Type: Hatchback
Segment: A Segment
Top Speed: 90
Fuel Consumption:
Highway 26 . 00
Fuel Consumption:
City 22 . 00

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Displacement: 796cc, 3 cylinder
Engine Type: Petrol
Maximum Power: 33bhp
Maximum Torque: 0
OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
Seating Capacity: 4
Tyre Size: 0
Steering: No Power Steering
Brakes: Front Disk, Rear Drum
Gears: 4 Manual
Fuel Tank: 30 . 00
Body Color Bumpers:
Tachometer: No
Alloys: No
ORVM Indicator: No
Xenon Headlamps: No
Headlamp Washer: No

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
AC: AC
without Climate Control
Power Windows:
Central Locking: Manual
Remote Boot: No
Remote Fuel Filler: No
Rear Wiper: No
Rear Defogger: No
Steering Adjustment (Rake/Reach): No
Driver Seat Adjustment: Manual
Leather Seats: No
Door Mirror: Driver Side
Tinted Glass: No
Rear AC Vent: No
Folding Rear Seats: No
Sun Roof: No
Buttons/Controls on Steering: No
Auto Viper: No
Auto Headlamp: No

ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SAFETY

Airbag: No
Parking Sensors: No
Fog Lamp:
Traction Control: No
EBD: No
ABS: No
ESP: No

I seriously doubt these specs. An AC 796cc car with 4 gears? You sure this is not the spec for M800? I thought it was going to be a 660cc something car. And that too with a CVT. This does not seem to add up. Particularly that top speed of 90kmph. Nowadays bikes do higher speed than that. A Maruti 800 which is reportedly heavier than the supposedly 1 lakh car also does a better top speed than 90kmph.

I think its all idle speculation. These kind of hoax mails start floating whenever people have their attentions riveted to some event. :)

Top speed 120 Kms.
Hollowed out steering shaft.
Wheel bearing wear off quickly above 70 Kms. But doesn't impact safety.
No actuators for headlamp.
30-35 HP, 600-660 cc

These are some salient points in a New York times article.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/bu...8indiacar.html

Is this?